U19 World Cup Discussion

nsareen

38 minutes ago, nsareen said:

England bowlers are also consistent, focusing on swing & movement.. have to say hangargekar has been the quickest until now, i feel the completion would be from pakistan (zameer guy), feel he would be definitely in the top 3 quickest in the tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hangargekar to me looked as quick as Nagarkoti in 2018.

1 hour ago, nsareen said:

Bawa has been very consistent and almost has delivered in all matches in crunch situations ( breakthroughs & handy knocks). Bowling wise he has an action of hit the deck bowler, not bad at all for somebody his age and who can bat too..

Planted quite a few yorkers on target yesterday at fair clip,looked good

7 hours ago, nsareen said:

one thing i’m very keenly looking at is the natural built & physique of Indians vs other players.

As per my observation until now , almost all the non asian countries have kids strongly built naturally compared to indians. even though this batch has very fit indian guys, but the natural physique gives a bit of an advantage in terms of hard hitting, quick bowling & the difference starts to get visible from

U19 level itself.. One reason for the disparity maybe because quite a few indians are 16-18 years age and a few who have crossed 19 like hangargekar, ostwal etc..

However i’ve noticed even players from asia like Bangladesh has surprised me, the players have a decent physique and looked strongly built..

Good point, this Indian batch looks slim and lanky whereas the earlier squads India had stocky built lads.