Australia tour of Pakistan - 3 tests, 3 ODIs and 1 t20i

2 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Last month,  many posters here on ICF were confidently suggesting that aussies would easily win this series , if they arrive with a full strength team. 

They probably read too much into the aussie tour of india (2017) where they put india under lot of pressure.   But they conveniently chose to ignore the fact that the same aussie team could not beat toygers in the same year little later.   

I have seen the aussies getting too much hype only in ICF. Fact is they have always been **** in the subcontinent. 

Agreed. They also played india at the best possible time. India were struggling for form etc. Lots of personnel changes. 

Edited by Jay
22 minutes ago, Jay said:

Agreed. They also played india at the best possible time. India were struggling for form etc. Lots of personnel changes. 

Nah India was on a rampage at home, about to win some record number of matches at home in a streak when they won at pune. Kohli who was otherwise sensational from 2016 - 18 turned into tailender in that series. They silenced our best batsman at the peak of his powers at home, we've to give their due credit 

Here I think Cummins pussied out from dropping starc. Their test bowling attack became a closed club of 4, unless someone gets injured. Like our ODI top 3, they scratch each other's backs instead of picking the best possible teams

6 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Nah India was on a rampage at home, about to win some record number of matches at home in a streak when they won at pune. Kohli who was otherwise sensational from 2016 - 18 turned into tailender in that series. They silenced our best batsman at the peak of his powers at home, we've to give their due credit 

Here I think Cummins pussied out from dropping starc. Their test bowling attack became a closed club of 4, unless someone gets injured. Like our ODI top 3, they scratch each other's backs instead of picking the best possible teams

Kohli got badly injured while fielding in the 2nd test. Almost broke his arm.  He should not have played rest of the matches.

6 minutes ago, Serpico said:

true. kohli was silenced well in that series. averaged 9 or something roflmao. I still feel we werent in the best form prior to that series. We dint play to our potential. I think that first game surprised us. smith was dropped so many times too. there is literally no one cummins can replace starc with. rest are all useless. jhye wont do squat in asia. starc is the better bowler. they have some other tundlers like neser etc. there is abbot who is another average player and last but not least boland. boland probably best bet but i dont see how he can make a difference in asia. 

i will say this though. i dont fear any team but i do fear australia regardless of their performance vs us. I know we have beaten them several times but they are the only team that can push us hard in india. 

or else we would steam roll everybody. we can steam roll aussies too if we are all playing at our best but they will definitely put up a fight. 

lets see.

i predict a tough series win. going with 2 - 1. 

we should win 2 0 vs lanka

2 0 vs toygers. 

should be in final i presume. 

pak to beat aussies 2 - 1. aussies to pull one i reckon

india pak final?

300 runs in 4 sessions on an absolute road.. :giggle:

Hamam Ul Tuk playing for a useless double hundred and Bazar Ali playing for a useless hundred. Bc can't believe I was excited for this crap. And I'm hearing the wickets in Lahore and Karachi are even flatter than this. :drool:

I was looking forward to this test series, thought it would be an interesting/tough battle, but this is just so unwatchable.

Win the toss, bat first on a flat road & pile on runs. If Shafique hadn't decided to charge Lyon score would have been 300/0.

Tripe.

8 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

I hope all matches are draws, for our WTC chances. They very well could be. 

Australia will take 3 draws this series eyes closed. They'll likely beat this woeful Sri Lankan side so it all comes down to them escaping a 3-0 or 4-0 in India and making it to Lords. 

9 minutes ago, Norman said:

300 runs in 4 sessions on an absolute road.. :giggle:

Hamam Ul Tuk playing for a useless double hundred and Bazar Ali playing for a useless hundred. Bc can't believe I was excited for this crap. And I'm hearing the wickets in Lahore and Karachi are even flatter than this. :drool:

thats what i was thinking actually. i am impressed by their ability to score 300 for losing only one wicket but then i see the run rate and i was like wait a minute. india were like 400 in 80 odd overs. 

pakistan were around 232/1 in 80 overs lol. thats a huge difference. 

still good effort by pakistan to grind them out. 

if chuckeen can prove to me and excel in these pitches i will rate him as a top bowler even if he chucks. But he cant just pick wickets of openers and then do f all after new ball wears off as he has done in the past. 

7 minutes ago, Norman said:

Australia will take 3 draws this series eyes closed. They'll likely beat this woeful Sri Lankan side so it all comes down to them escaping a 3-0 or 4-0 in India and making it to Lords. 

dont think it will be 3 0 or 4 0 tbh. 

3 - 1 india or 2 - 1 india win a tough series. i feel aussies will pull one. they badly want to beat us.

Edited by Jay
19 minutes ago, Norman said:

I think u are underestimating poyz bowling in these conditions. 

U really think they will allow Aussies to get away with 3 draws ?

14 minutes ago, Norman said:

No, I still feel Aus are favorites in Pakistan. Anyway according to my calculations both Aus & Pak are better placed to qualify for finals than us right now. Even SA now has a slightly better chance than us. 

If all tests are drawn both Aus-Pak will pick only 12/36 points, which is great for us. 

25 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

No, I still feel Aus are favorites in Pakistan. Anyway according to my calculations both Aus & Pak are better placed to qualify for finals than us right now. Even SA now has a slightly better chance than us. 

If all tests are drawn both Aus-Pak will pick only 12/36 points, which is great for us. 

i doubt it. 2 - 1 pakistan looks easy or even 2 0. but yes saffers can qualify but they will lose to england imo. they have a mental block and suck vs swing in england. they even suck in s.africa vs england in general. no idea why. even with better sides they have drawn and lost at home to england. 

india need a 3 - 1 win vs aussies. 2 - 0 vs lSri Lankas and toygers and we are through. anyway i lost interest after losing to s.africa. whole point was to beat them. 

we lost due to non-existent middle order who put pressure on our bowlers in super hot conditions. useless wastrel varat chewt cost us the win there. now only saving grace is if we win in england in that one off test. 

28 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Rizwan not even 40% of pant's caliber, the guy has had his honeymoon period and will be found out soon. Not everyday you face magala, Hendricks, muzzarabani and co. 

Tbf rizwan is real good. Not sure if better than pant but he has a good range of shots too. 

43 minutes ago, Virat_Kulli_ki_main_khuli said:

fukc azhar ali man, slow ass. Literally cannot believe Rizwan has been sent out first before Fawad because of how slow he has caused the run rate. Pathetic pcb seniorism costing Pakistan a legitmate atg talent in Saud Shakeel and now he is 27 ffs

Shakeel. I heard ha fitness issues. 

I agree dead slow ffs. Fu k the God damn oldies.