Is Dinesh Karthik the best T20 finisher that India is looking for

Dinesh Karthik as a T20 finisher  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is DK the best T20I finisher that India got?

• Yes, he is and should be in playing XI
    • No, there are much better alternatives
    • He is good but he does not add up to the team composition

On 9/12/2022 at 7:40 PM, Chakdephatte said:

While he did nothing great since comeback, there is this one aspect where no one can beat him. In death overs, he has that quality, he can toy with literally any fast bowler. From superfast Jasprit Bumrah to gentle medium Mustafizur.

His SR in T20Is this year is 133. Good enough sample size and bats exclusively in last 5 overs. 133 is too low in that phase.

Though I'd still have him over Pant but then KL should keep.

1 hour ago, Lord said:

His SR in T20Is this year is 133. Good enough sample size and bats exclusively in last 5 overs. 133 is too low in that phase.

Though I'd still have him over Pant but then KL should keep.

With RCB he had a reliable partner in Shabaz. They worked very well together. And also after Shabaz they had Hasranga coming down.  it impacts not just DK. It impacts all batsmen when you have elongated tail. Look what happened with Kohli in 20th over. He had 3 dot balls because he had to refuse strike to Bhuvi.  Sheer thought of "After me nobody" can make you play differently.  India has to strengthen their lower order to some extent. Can't have 4 duffers as last 4 batsmen.

IPL is not played in Australia and is not amongst national teams.  Is Karthik a good backfoot batsman.... ? Watch the likes of Warner or in the past Gilchrist on the backfoot - Karthik does not give me the same vibes at all.

It is one thing playing in IPL in India/Dubai - international cricket is another deal esp in Aus.

56 minutes ago, AKane said:

IPL is not played in Australia and is not amongst national teams.  Is Karthik a good backfoot batsman.... ? Watch the likes of Warner or in the past Gilchrist on the backfoot - Karthik does not give me the same vibes at all.

It is one thing playing in IPL in India/Dubai - international cricket is another deal esp in Aus.

DK made 30 runs in 13 balls in Australia. Indians love Australian pitches more than players from other countries. From Pujara to Thakur they had good time.  That is why India has won more matches in Australia in T20 than any other country. England has played 8 T20s in OZ lost 7 of them.

25 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

DK made 30 runs in 13 balls in Australia. Indians love Australian pitches more than players from other countries. From Pujara to Thakur they had good time.  That is why India has won more matches in Australia in T20 than any other country. England has played 8 T20s in OZ lost 7 of them.

Against Behrendorff, Stanlake and Tye yes....  

10 hours ago, Vk1 said:

beginning to raise question marks on his keeping abilities ( its going down fast )

He was always a fidgety character. Sometimes he would pull off blinders, but miss simple ones. This was the case in 2007. This is the case even now.  Hyper active guy. For such a senior keeper disturbing the stumps was a cardinal sin. Hope he stays relaxed and goes on a high note. There is no way he is going to be part of our set up after this world T20. So he shouldn't feel any pressure and enjoy the outing as much as he can and leave.

47 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He was always a fidgety character. Sometimes he would pull off blinders, but miss simple ones. This was the case in 2007. This is the case even now.  Hyper active guy. For such a senior keeper disturbing the stumps was a cardinal sin. Hope he stays relaxed and goes on a high note. There is no way he is going to be part of our set up after this world T20. So he shouldn't feel any pressure and enjoy the outing as much as he can and leave.

agree.. but my only fear is him doing a blunder at a crucial moment in WC.. but then there is no other finisher as good as him