Elon Musk restores possibility of free speech

ravishingravi

22 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Or their owner is his buddy.  So what?  His twitter, his rules.  If I hate it so much I can:

(a) come up with 50 billion and buy it from him

(b) quit twitter and be more productive at work.

His rule part is OK as long as they follow rules of the land. Just because it is his platform, he cannot support hate speech.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

Don't give up. That is true that Dems claimed and rightfully so that Russians did influence the elections. But at the same time, they conceded. The big difference is Dems claim is that the voters were wrongfully influenced. Trump claims that illegal votes were cast. Big difference.

You still don’t get it. It is about censorship when both say the same bs. Shows how free SM media is. Conceding is all hogwash , Trump didn’t concede, but is he still the President? After the electoral collage votes, if he still stayed in the WH, the army would have kicked him out. Dems are not as petty on the outside, but can’t rule out not talking about election fraud . Russia can’t do squat messing elections in US, Dems are just rudaalis speaking of 2016 even now 

2 hours ago, Khota said:

Just remember Twitter is not free speech. It is a business. They restored Trump because they want money. Nothing else.

If you care about free speech and true journalism, there is only one source. NYT.

:woot: NYT did I read it right? They are the most biased illiberal media ever, O have to stop talking to you. There is no journalism anymore, just opinions and narratives. 

Those who have read word power made easy would recall egoist egotist egomaniac in ascending order. Soon there will be another similar order: reckless trump musk. 

It just looks absurd that this new CEO, besides the layoffs and chaos, asks developers to explain their contributions while reviewing the product stack in depth. And I thought my SVP was demanding :hmpf:

Edited by Clarke

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You still don’t get it. It is about censorship when both say the same bs. Shows how free SM media is. Conceding is all hogwash , Trump didn’t concede, but is he still the President? After the electoral collage votes, if he still stayed in the WH, the army would have kicked him out. Dems are not as petty on the outside, but can’t rule out not talking about election fraud . Russia can’t do squat messing elections in US, Dems are just rudaalis speaking of 2016 even now 

Facebook was used by Russians and others to help one party over the other.

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

:woot: NYT did I read it right? They are the most biased illiberal media ever, O have to stop talking to you. There is no journalism anymore, just opinions and narratives. 

It looks like a liberal bias but that happens to be progressive. NYT is it for me.

12 hours ago, Khota said:

Just remember Twitter is not free speech. It is a business. They restored Trump because they want money. Nothing else.

If you care about free speech and true journalism, there is only one source. NYT.

Thank you for making me laugh today! You never fail to disappoint.

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes, it matches your political profile. But they are not truly balanced, they represent the left in America. 

Your disdain of them matches your views. You are closer to QAnon and Fox than facts.

13 minutes ago, bharathh said:

You say ppl in the right wing would not like NYT and yet you say that it is the epitome of free speech and journalism. So only leftists according to you are worthy of journalism and are the champions of free speech?

Because NYT challenges them. They don't like it and till to date deny elections.

It is ok for you not to like it.

Just now, Khota said:

Because NYT challenges them. They don't like it and till to date deny elections.

It is ok for you not to like it.

Whether I like it or not is not what we're discussing. You said they are the best since they are the epitome of free speech and journalism. Furthermore, you doubled down stating that they are objective. If they truly were - why would only leftists like it and not right leaning/right wing folks? 

An objective newspaper would not be biased ideologically. Neither left/right should be favoured. If not then what you said is false.

26 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Whether I like it or not is not what we're discussing. You said they are the best since they are the epitome of free speech and journalism. Furthermore, you doubled down stating that they are objective. If they truly were - why would only leftists like it and not right leaning/right wing folks? 

An objective newspaper would not be biased ideologically. Neither left/right should be favoured. If not then what you said is false.

It is not biased. Right wing folks have different view of the world which NYT dispels.