Commonwealth Games 2022

Number

29 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

2 more golds. Badminton doubles and Achanta. Both him and Sathyan beat English players to win it. 

I was so annoyed with English commies..  The way they were hyping those England players lol...  Crowd was so much in favor of home side...  Amazing test of nerves for our TT players.  I thought Sathyan almost bottled it but damn that final set was a ride. 

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

I was so annoyed with English commies..  The way they were hyping those England players lol...  Crowd was so much in favor of home side...  Amazing test of nerves for our TT players.  I thought Sathyan almost bottled it but damn that final set was a ride. 

England always has a bias against brown Indian dogs...

Example when India lost the penalty shootout against the Aussies, the English commies were like the Eng vs Aus final is the final EVERYONE wanted to see.. implying that and India England final is not worth their time.

Just now, Number said:

61 medals

22 golds

Excellent performance by Team India in the absence of shooting.

More so when Neeraj Chopra was missing and Manika Batra was way below par.

Man, these goras just overload on cycling and swimming and make all those medals.

Earlier, I used to be impressed by them but now not so much. Australia has more than 50% of it's golds from cycling and swimming.

Imagine if we had Greco Roman wrestling as well as all the weight classes you see in World Wrestling Championships (30 medals). We would have 15-16 golds from there. Imagine if we could have multiple entrants for each field. Imagine if it was more than 30 medals but same as swimming (52). We'd have 25-30 golds from there only.

3 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Man, these goras just overload on cycling and swimming and make all those medals.

Earlier, I used to be impressed by them but now not so much. Australia has more than 50% of it's golds from cycling and swimming.

Imagine if we had Greco Roman wrestling as well as all the weight classes you see in World Wrestling Championships (30 medals). We would have 15-16 golds from there. Imagine if we could have multiple entrants for each field. Imagine if it was more than 30 medals but same as swimming (52). We'd have 25-30 golds from there only.

No doubt India has much more breadth now.

From asian sports like TT, Badminton, to power based sports Wrestling, Judo, Boxing and Weightlifting and now even Athletics.

Hope we get more depth in these and start winning medals at Olympics level in all of these. 

Focus should be on swimming from now on,if we work on this ,i mean i refuse to believe we don't have talent to perform well in this, plus u don't need expensive equipments like say in other events,we surely can work on infrastructure and identify areas like say north east,areas like Jharkhand,i am sure if we work on this by say next 4-5 olympics we will do well in both swimming and athletics and europeans and Americans will again decide to drop these events.

4 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

Focus should be on swimming from now on,if we work on this ,i mean i refuse to believe we don't have talent to perform well in this, plus u don't need expensive equipments like say in other events,we surely can work on infrastructure and identify areas like say north east,areas like Jharkhand,i am sure if we work on this by say next 4-5 olympics we will do well in both swimming and athletics and europeans and Americans will again decide to drop these events.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/sports/legacy-of-the-commonwealth-games-why-2010-new-delhi-couldnt-be-2014-glasgow/articleshow/39585790.cms?from=mdr

The facilities we spent billions on for swimming and cycling are in a state of disrepair and unusable.. 

https://www.indiatoday.in/mail-today/story/commonwealth-games-stadiums-sports-authority-of-india-182716-2014-02-26

9 minutes ago, Sandz said:

Man I missed out watching the fabulous hat-trick of gold medals in Badminton today! 

But am glad that I missed out on the hockey embarrassment, I just read that India didn’t get a single penalty corner, utterly shocking performance, it’s a mental block they have against the Aussies as they can’t be this bad.

Belgium, England and Germany do better against Aus because they can match their speed.

Aus are brutal against against slow teams. We are skillful but too slow for them. 

19 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

It takes a while to be that good.  Chinese have started challenging Goras in recent years after hell of a lot investment. 

Infrastructure matters especially in those synchronized swimming events. 

Never figured why are we so behind in cycling...  The Asians as well. 

49 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

Swimming and other aquatic events make up 1/3rd of overall olympics medals which is huge.