Halloween stampede in South Korea

coffee_rules

3 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Kumbh is conducted in a open and wide space and people are normally in their sense.

The parties like this are dens of alcohol and drugs and people get high. In this high, they do all sorts of stupid things.

People get high at Kumbh. I can assure you. But I guess we are country of snake charmers. What would we know about crowd management? When India become $5 Trn plus economy in 3-4 years, this will be case study in management. For now it's regressive practice. 

3 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

People get high at Kumbh. I can assure you. But I guess we are country of snake charmers. What would we know about crowd management? When India become $5 Trn plus economy in 3-4 years, this will be case study in management. For now it's regressive practice. 

But not many. Majority are families that want to take a dip.

Very unfortunate. I can understand if this was at a planned event & crowd control would then be needed but if it's an obtuse event like halloween in Korea and that too on the some narrow street or two, it's a disaster waiting to happen. I don't think the police is to be blamed here.