3 overs 48 runs was our WC

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't think anyone is disappointed or shocked or surprised.  It is like predicting wednesday comes after tuesday.  Writing was on the wall moment they picked this squad. It was a matter when they were going to exit. 

Glad it came in SFs against Eng and not in finals against Pak. Imagine if we had lost 170/0 against Pak. I will be partying on Sunday for having avoided that possibility 

Edited by coffee_rules
3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't think anyone is disappointed or shocked or surprised.  It is like predicting wednesday comes after tuesday.  Writing was on the wall moment they picked this squad. It was a matter when they were going to exit. 

True.  But one thing really surprised me.  Similar thing was also said about pak squad.  That they don't hv a proper middle order or a single pace bowling all rounder or a power hitter at the top,  bla bla.  Yet, they are just one game away from winning the title.   

2 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

True.  But one thing really surprised me.  Similar thing was also said about pak squad.  That they don't hv a proper middle order or a single pace bowling all rounder or a power hitter at the top,  bla bla.  Yet, they are just one game away from winning the title.   

Actually they picked a squad suitable for Aussie conditions. Raw pace Check.  Quality leg spin check. Good batting depth check.  Besides not every match happens at Perth or MCG to be affected by bounce. They played a couple of crucial games at the SCG.   They covered all the bases. If spin is needed they have 3. If pace is needed 4 pacers. 

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Glad it came in SFs against Eng and not in finals against Pak. Imagine if we had lost 170/0 against Pak. I will be partying on Sunday for having avoided that possibility 

As I posted in another thread, my father-in-law was saying before the semis - "If Pak beats NZ, then India should deliberately lose to England. We might suffer a humiliating loss to Pak like CT-2017 if we play them again in the Final". Looks like Rohit and co took his advise seriously

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Actually they picked a squad suitable for Aussie conditions. Raw pace Check.  Quality leg spin check. Good batting depth check.  Besides not every match happens at Perth or MCG to be affected by bounce. They played a couple of crucial games at the SCG.   They covered all the bases. If spin is needed they have 3. If pace is needed 4 pacers. 

they also picked ARs in shadab, mohd wasim, nawaz, and chacha. even their bowlers like naseem can tonk it