Rahul Dravid on overseas leagues

badmash

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

You didn't get me,im not only talking about conditions

Te more they play t20 leagues,the more innovative they will get,more exposure more awreness for this game and format

Our upcoming bowler and batters also look all at sea when they see the modern way of playing this game,they seem to not coping with the current mechanism applied by foreign players

Yea. fringe players can be allowed. Contracted players won't be allowed anyway as they have commitments to other formats. But at the end of the day how will you break into Indian squad. That is the most challenging part. Right now they use seniority to make selection.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

That's a good point.

Also Iin franchise leagues, playing as overseas cricketer adds more responsibility too. You won't merit a place in those teams if all you are capable of is stat padding. You have to bring something else, maybe some of our part time spinners may develop their spin bowling game and become as good as Livingstone or Maxwell.

You would have to play impact knocks if you are an overseas cricketer in any league. The KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma type stat padding in IPl does the job for them in IPL but in leagues all round the world, expectations would be higher than that as you will be competing with players all round the globe for minimal spots.

It would also put pressure on selectors

Rauf didn't fall from tree,he performed in BBL as did Naseem in CPL

It forced their selectors to go with them, imagine an attack of Afridi without Rauf and Naseem

Im sure even their batters are getting benefitted ,not long ago they were struggling with high SR players throughout the lineup but in short span of time they have got few very good strikers of the ball

We can certainly do the same with our size

5 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

It would also put pressure on selectors

Rauf didn't fall from tree,he performed in BBL as did Naseem in CPL

It forced their selectors to go with them, imagine an attack of Afridi without Rauf and Naseem

Im sure even their batters are getting benefitted ,not long ago they were struggling with high SR players throughout the lineup but in short span of time they have got few very good strikers of the ball

We can certainly do the same with our size

First they have to start with backing the right performers in IPL not wrong performers.  Harshal should have been left as a journeyman. No business playing in Australia. They don't even back the IPL hits. (exceept few exception like bumrah). They won't even consider other league performances.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

First they have to start with backing the right performers in IPL not wrong performers.  Harshal should have been left as a journeyman. No business playing in Australia. They don't even back the IPL hits. (exceept few exception like bumrah). They won't even consider other league performances.

Fpecking order has fecked our cricket,tey blindly follow it

1 hour ago, badmash said:

“Playing in overseas leagues certainly will help our players. It’s upto the BCCI to make that decision” 

nahi nahi tum log bas IPL khelo on Mumbai pitches :phehe:

Idiot @badmash watch the press conference instead of sharing one line that you found on a WhatsApp group.

“The thing is it’s (BBL) right in the middle of our season, and with the kind of demand there would be for Indian players, if you allowed all of them to play in these leagues, we would not have a domestic cricket.”

“Our domestic trophy, our Ranji trophy would be finished, and that would mean Test cricket would be finished.” 

“I know a lot of people talk about it, but we have to be very careful when we -- we have to understand the challenges that Indian cricket faces or the BCCI would face in a situation like this.”

“You’d see all our boys -- like a lot of boys being asked to play leagues right bang in the middle of our season. We’ve seen what that's done to West Indian cricket, and I would definitely not want Indian cricket to go that way.

“It would certainly affect our Ranji trophy; it would affect Test cricket. Indian boys playing Test cricket is pretty important for the Test game, as well, I would think.”

6 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Idiot @badmash watch the press conference instead of sharing one line that you found on a WhatsApp group.

“The thing is it’s (BBL) right in the middle of our season, and with the kind of demand there would be for Indian players, if you allowed all of them to play in these leagues, we would not have a domestic cricket.”

“Our domestic trophy, our Ranji trophy would be finished, and that would mean Test cricket would be finished.” 

“I know a lot of people talk about it, but we have to be very careful when we -- we have to understand the challenges that Indian cricket faces or the BCCI would face in a situation like this.”

“You’d see all our boys -- like a lot of boys being asked to play leagues right bang in the middle of our season. We’ve seen what that's done to West Indian cricket, and I would definitely not want Indian cricket to go that way.

“It would certainly affect our Ranji trophy; it would affect Test cricket. Indian boys playing Test cricket is pretty important for the Test game, as well, I would think.”

That’s just his reason of why they don’t play overseas leagues .. because it is more important for rohit sharma to play in Ranji Trophy :phehe:

but here is what he said on how not playing overseas effects the players 

Dravid, the former India captain and now head coach, said: “There’s no doubt about it, the fact that England, a lot of their players have come here and played. In this tournament, it certainly showed.

“I think a lot of our boys maybe do miss out on the opportunities of playing in a lot of these leagues.”

Biggest question is How will playing in overseas leagues will help you with  selection. Our selection policy is not going to change. They will give the least weightage to overseas league performances. Heck they don't even use the right metric to pick the IPl success stories.

Edited by vvvslaxman
3 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

I don't understand why people who don't have central contracts with BCCI can play overseas leagues? What has the BCCI got to lose with seeing someone like Rajat Patidar playing in the BBL or Hundred?

BBL doesn’t take no name domestic players of other countries, they take international overseas players lol

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I'm not happy with Pak making it to finals obviously, but it was good that ingerlund showed up this indian team of washed-up divas.

as for rahul dravid, he is so totally out of it. should go and coach SL or something

I am not disappointed one bit for this thrashing lol They deserved it. They are so out of depth in every which way.  I was expecting this thrashing in every match. But swinging conditions helped us.  Only Arshdeep could use the swinging conditions to good effect.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

I am not disappointed one bit for this thrashing lol They deserved it. They are so out of depth in every which way.  I was expecting this thrashing in every match. But swinging conditions helped us.  Only Arshdeep could use the swinging conditions to good effect.

arshdeep was okay, nothing more though. rest said about the other divas, the better

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

No. It is not because of Dhoni. Playing for CSK is enough lol You automatically play for India

lol. He basically destroyed CSKs talent pool single handedly by backing his old buddies. He is an extreme version of our Eggsperience brigade, Sai Kishore seems to be doing great at GT, & was basically ignored when he was there with CSK. Gave chances to rookie SL, while benching hangerkar