End of road for Bhuvi, Ashwin, Axar?

Serpico

20 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't think even in India off spinners will make bigger difference compared to leg spinners.  Ashwin was just economical there. Nothing more. He didn't exactly run through sides even in India. It was chahal who did the damage for Royals not his partner Ashwin

Sorry yes true for LOI... esp T20s. Ashwin is old too now.

I was talking more in terms of test cricket in India and abroad. Ashwin/Axar/Kumble in India vs overseas and it is puzzling.

1 minute ago, AKane said:

Sorry yes true for LOI... esp T20s. Ashwin is old too now.

I was talking more in terms of test cricket in India and abroad. Ashwin/Axar/Kumble in India vs overseas and it is puzzling.

When you travel overseas especially SENA, wristies play a major part. I see why they back Jaddu or ashwin. India's fast bowling unit is not realible bats.  SO they want some cushion in the batting.

21 hours ago, Vijy said:

don't think jaddu is a good fit at 7 because they usually come in around overs 35-40 and need to score at high SR. he could play at 4 or 5 though.

10 overs is still enough time. He has upped his SR even in T20s.

I feel his bowling will be fine too in India, unless there's dew

27 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

When you travel overseas especially SENA, wristies play a major part. I see why they back Jaddu or ashwin. India's fast bowling unit is not realible bats.  SO they want some cushion in the batting.

See the record of Yasir Shah, Mishra, Tahir or even Adil in SENA. Wristies don't do much unless they are very good too.

Even Kumble took a long time to be successful and wasnt that great even then

7 minutes ago, Lord said:

10 overs is still enough time. He has upped his SR even in T20s.

I feel his bowling will be fine too in India, unless there's dew

there will be dew in many grounds and his SR is not good for current ODIs even though he has upped it. moreover, his fitness is a big issue these days

5 minutes ago, Lord said:

See the record of Yasir Shah, Mishra, Tahir or even Adil in SENA. Wristies don't do much unless they are very good too.

Even Kumble took a long time to be successful and wasnt that great even then

in ODIs, wrist spinners are good. it's a diff matter in tests, where they don't do well.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

there will be dew in many grounds and his SR is not good for current ODIs even though he has upped it. moreover, his fitness is a big issue these days

He's injury prone now but still quite athletic and good fielder.

His SR is good enough in recent times. Also he can stabilise if required so we can go more aggresively from top (Missed this this WT20)

I can't see any other option. Maybe Shahbaz. Tewatia seems strictly T20 option.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

in ODIs, wrist spinners are good. it's a diff matter in tests, where they don't do well.

yeah was talking about Tests. There's a notion they can do well in SENA in Tests. Don't know what its based on.

In ODIs even Chahal has been good. Though would prefer someone who can bat and field. We need batting till 9 atleast.

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

He's injury prone now but still quite athletic and good fielder.

His SR is good enough in recent times. Also he can stabilise if required so we can go more aggresively from top (Missed this this WT20)

I can't see any other option. Maybe Shahbaz. Tewatia seems strictly T20 option.

yeah was talking about Tests. There's a notion they can do well in SENA in Tests. Don't know what its based on.

In ODIs even Chahal has been good. Though would prefer someone who can bat and field. We need batting till 9 atleast.

shahbaz should be tried. he has a fab List A record, especially with bat. if jaddu plays, he should not bat below 6. ideally 5 perhaps.