End of road for Bhuvi, Ashwin, Axar?

Serpico

Rohit himself will be under the scanner with this loss. He pulled off a coup on kohli with the backing of other senior players and now every one who helped in mutiny has failed spectacularly. Kohli atleast has the mcg miracle against Pak.. rohit, rahul and ashwin have ghanta in this wc. They completely lost the fan support, even their pr accounts are not able to put a positive spin here.. from now on every failure will be magnified. The home series against Aus might be do or die for Rohit 

1 minute ago, Serpico said:

Rohit himself will be under the scanner with this loss. He pulled off a coup on kohli with the backing of other senior players and now every one who helped in mutiny has failed spectacularly. Kohli atleast has the mcg miracle against Pak.. rohit, rahul and ashwin have ghanta in this wc. They completely lost the fan support, even their pr accounts are not able to put a positive spin here.. from now on every failure will be magnified. The home series against Aus might be do or die for Rohit 

Ashwin has the well left! :) Kohli faltered at the last hurdle, getting clean bowled off the free hit and going off strike. Without Ashwin's contribution, his innings would have ended up like Tendulkar's century vs Paxtan in the Chennai test. 

Just now, nevada said:

Those are all expendables and bound to go sooner than later. But the bigger culprits are the top three who should not be picked for T20 hereafter.

Unfortunately bhuvi was not expendable until yesterday. It doesn't make any sense why every captain loved him so much, but he has completely destroyed his reputation yesterday 

I also think Rohit will be shifting his whole focus on ODIs for next 12 months. Not just his career, even his post retirement stature is at stake here.. if he loses home wc with personal failure on the top, he'll become a pariah among fans. His brand value will sink to the bottom of the ocean. So he won't be stinking our T20I team anymore.. if we win the odi wc, him and Kohli might try coming back into the T20I team.. but there's one whole year for new players to consolidate their spots in top 3. 

3 minutes ago, Serpico said:

That's announced before the semi. He'll be benched for sure, TM cannot risk even more wrath from the fans now

Hope so, but I don't trust the TM anymore, specially when Lacchu Bhaiya is the coach.
He'll promote the trundler culture and I am worried that Umran will bowl in mid 130's under strict guidance of Bhuvi Bhaiya.

12 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Inshallah, Finn Allen will put him out of misery 

I am afraid Bhuvi will get swing and become India's best bowler in that meaningless series which would again seal his position in T20I format. That's one trundler sealed and then there would be Arshdeep in the mix too and so would Bumrah. This means no change coming, max we will look towards Deepak Chahar or Mohammad Siraj(that too in reserves lol).

The way I see it is, Pandya will be made captain of T20s from now on. Kela is done after how he performed this tournament but he will remain in mix in ODIs due to strong Karnataka lobby.

So the relationship with Pandya becomes most important for players. If Bhuvi is in good books of Pandya he will play or he will be benched for a series and next series dropped. 

Pandya looks to be a very badtameez type of person who doesn't respect this seniority bs unlike Kohli or Rohit.

Kela as ODI captain will make things worse between Pandya and him.

13 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Rahul can still set things right. He is a superlative stroke maker, much better than most in India but his mindset is timid. Trying to play very safe.

I don't think that is fixable at this age. Look DK. He was fidgetyin the 2000s. Even now he is. KL Rahul is always going to carry this nervous energy. Nobody wants to wait for another ICC tournament to see if he has improved.

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Rahul can still set things right. He is a superlative stroke maker, much better than most in India but his mindset is timid. Trying to play very safe.

Absolutely.   He is no doubt the most gifted cricketer. Just that he is timid.   So, everyone (incl. TM) should forget his series of endless failures/chokes one after another in last 5 years.  And go on giving him chances after chances.    Afterall, "Umeed pe Dunia Kaayam He"..