2023 A VERY IMPORTANT YEAR COMING UP IN INDIAN CRICKET

36 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Just hope we qualify to WTC F and win the damn thing, beating the clutch and formidable Aussies in their overseas fortress (Lord's) will be epic.

More pumped for that possibility than a home WC. 

Final will be held at the Oval. 

What's the use? Really? 

We may beat Bangladesh and also win comfortably against Australia to qualify for the final... but what next? Only thing waiting for us in another ICC knockout humiliation in the hands of a superior team (this time Australia). We'll still be playing losers like Rohit, Pujara, Shami, Vihari etc and would probably also bring back Rahane and Ishant for eggsperience. 

And don't even get me started on that home world Cup. I can already sense a disastrous campaign where we fail to reach the knockouts by finishing 5th (also sprinkle in a probable first time loss to Pakistan). These prima donnas /mental midgets cannot handle the pressure of a home world cup. 

The batch of Gambhir, Sehwag, Yuvraj  Zaheer, Harbhajan, Sreesanth etc was the clutchest one for India in terms of winning major titles but played together for barely 4 years. Dhoni binned them as soon as he got the chance to... Just one bad WT20 in 2012 and all of them were dropped. Except Yuvi, none of them were got another chance... 

But now, we have the choker brigade of Rohit, Rahul, Kohli, Jadeja, Bhuvi, Ashwin etc who keep on failing one tournament after another but still there's absolutely no danger to their spots. 

And the worst thing is that... it's happening at a time when the talent pool and the bench strength in the country is at an all time high. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Just hope we qualify to WTC F and win the damn thing, beating the clutch and formidable Aussies in their overseas fortress (Lord's) will be epic.

More pumped for that possibility than a home WC. 

I assume we are out of WTC final reckoning