Happy Pongal / Makar Sankranti / Uttarayana / Sankranti / Til Sakraait / Magha / Môkôr Sôṅkrānti / Mela / Ghughuti / Sakraat

Real McCoy

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

Nole fan now @Real McCoy?

I'm now. I'm impressed by the sheer mental strength of Nole to overcome adversity in the form of Fedal and their fans. Have to hand it to him. May he beat all records and overcome Rafa in the slam count. Rafa being the no.1 in tennis sounds very odd with his clay skew. Added to this is the fact that since 2013, Rafa hasn't won even a set against Nole in non-clay events :phehe:. That's telling that Nole has been dominant in the past decade and looks like the ideal successor to Federer as Federer was to Sampras.

Also his conviction about his no-vacc (its even in his name) status is inspirational to many who question the methods and the politics behind it. Take that Australia :laugh:

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Also his conviction about his no-vacc (its even in his name) status is inspirational to many who question the methods and the politics behind it. Take that Australia :laugh:

Agree with this, very rare to see people not compromise with their principles/beliefs with a big prize in sight. That too someone like Nole, with age not on his side and slam count so close, to see him skipping AO, USO....not many can do that!!!! This only shows he isn't obsessed with trophies, $$$, fame unlike say someone like Rafa who probably delayed his marriage, having kids etc. for his career. Nole (like Fed) just loves the sport and if records come his way, he will take them.

Not sure about USO but we both know that last AO was his and not Rafa's, in fact Rafa would have tanked before facing Nole to keep his H2H intact, he has been managing his H2Hs like this his whole career while Nole/Fed have never been afraid of playing Rafa on clay despite losing so often. 

Ultimately 2022 AO gave Rafa a +2 advantage, him somehow winning and Nole not being there. He took that confidence to RG and won that as well, Nole too was terrible undercooked in RG because of missing the 2 previous majors (and so much action because of his vaccine stance), didn't have the physical conditioning to beat Rafa in best of 5. This may be the clincher in the slam race, but even if Rafa walks away as the one with most majors, in most people's minds Nole is the greater player. Him winning the ATP finals last year only sealed his legacy as the most complete player of all time. 

Btw just like you, I too was converted to being a Nole fan just because of the odds that have always been against him, the Western agenda, media etc. Used to hate him when he first came to the scene and it continued for a few years, but then I realized he is actually a cool guy who has been vilified unnecessarily. Love Fed because of aesthetics, but Nole's mental toughness is so inspiring as well. 

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Agree with this, very rare to see people not compromise with their principles/beliefs with a big prize in sight. That too someone like Nole, with age not on his side and slam count so close, to see him skipping AO, USO....not many can do that!!!! This only shows he isn't obsessed with trophies, $$$, fame unlike say someone like Rafa who probably delayed his marriage, having kids etc. for his career. Nole (like Fed) just loves the sport and if records come his way, he will take them.

Not sure about USO but we both know that last AO was his and not Rafa's, in fact Rafa would have tanked before facing Nole to keep his H2H intact, he has been managing his H2Hs like this his whole career while Nole/Fed have never been afraid of playing Rafa on clay despite losing so often. 

Ultimately 2022 AO gave Rafa a +2 advantage, him somehow winning and Nole not being there. He took that confidence to RG and won that as well, Nole too was terrible undercooked in RG because of missing the 2 previous majors (and so much action because of his vaccine stance), didn't have the physical conditioning to beat Rafa in best of 5. This may be the clincher in the slam race, but even if Rafa walks away as the one with most majors, in most people's minds Nole is the greater player. Him winning the ATP finals last year only sealed his legacy as the most complete player of all time. 

Btw just like you, I too was converted to being a Nole fan just because of the odds that have always been against him, the Western agenda, media etc. Used to hate him when he first came to the scene and it continued for a few years, but then I realized he is actually a cool guy who has been vilified unnecessarily. Love Fed because of aesthetics, but Nole's mental toughness is so inspiring as well. 

Yes standing by his principles that too with everything down the line made me Nole fan. I always respected his mental strength but 2022 AO was the turning point where I like Anakin turned to the good side. Rafa like an oppourtunistic hyena grabbed the +2 advantage. tagging @velu@coffee_rules for the lols

7 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Yes standing by his principles that too with everything down the line made me Nole fan. I always respected his mental strength but 2022 AO was the turning point where I like Anakin turned to the good side. Rafa like an oppourtunistic hyena grabbed the +2 advantage. tagging @velu@coffee_rules for the lols

:angry: