1st Test Nagpur, February 09 - 13, 2023, Australia tour of India - PREMATCH

SRT100

Down under the local TV station has started building up the Border Gavaskar Series.

Here is a discussion on it. Already they are worried about our pitches! Thats a good sign, but worryingly unlike previous tours, Australia look prepared this time.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/miraculous-vidarbha-defends-lowest-total-in-ranji-trophy-history-as-gujarat-rolled-for-54/news-story/7fe1db6fe9eda8aff0feb4b88fbf117b

I will assume that Fatman, Pujara,Kohli  are immovable objects. Here is the best XI I think that should play.

Fatman as he is captain, Pujara just won Man of the Series, Kohli because of corruption. Im praying that KL despite being VC is not played.

If KL plays ahead of Gill or Iyer, India will lose the first test. Similarly if he replaces Kishan as KL will miss stumpings and catches over 5 days.

Fatman

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Iyer

Kishan

Jaddu

Ash

Axar

Unadkat

Shami

Triple Spin threat. I genuinely believe Jaddu, Ash, Axar is the equivalent of two Australian batsmen. (their worst)

Ive gone for Unadkat because if the pitches basically assist spin, I want the best bowler who can bat properly.

In this playing XI we can bat all the way to XI.

@express bowling@raki05@Vijy

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

I will assume that Fatman, Pujara,Kohli  are immovable objects. Here is the best XI I think that should play.

Fatman as he is captain, Pujara just won Man of the Series, Kohli because of corruption. Im praying that KL despite being VC is not played.

If KL plays ahead of Gill or Iyer, India will lose the first test. Similarly if he replaces Kishan as KL will miss stumpings and catches over 5 days.

Fatman

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Iyer

Kishan

Jaddu

Ash

Axar

Unadkat

Shami

Triple Spin threat. I genuinely believe Jaddu, Ash, Axar is the equivalent of two Australian batsmen. (their worst)

Ive gone for Unadkat because if the pitches basically assist spin, I want the best bowler who can bat properly.

Siraj ahead of Unadkat. 

Everything else looks good. 

BTW Ishan will miss chances too, he isn't a good keeper. 

16 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Siraj ahead of Unadkat. 

Everything else looks good. 

BTW Ishan will miss chances too, he isn't a good keeper. 

Yes definitely would take Siraj over Unadkat. Far superior bowler, the one or two wickets he picks would be vital.

I forgot that he was in the squad.

12 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Fatman

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Iyer

Kishan

Jaddu

Ash

Axar

Unadkat

Shami

My preferred playing 11 given the fact that Superstars will be there and there will be minimal changes.

1. Rohit 

2. Gill

3. Pujara 

4. Kohli

5. Shreyas / Washington

6. Kishan 

7. Jadeja / Axar

8. Ashwin

9. Kuldeep

10. Shami 

11. Siraj 

**  I am strongly in favour of picking the 4 best bowlers for the conditions.

Edited by express bowling
14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

My preferred playing 11 given the fact that Superstars will be there and there will be minimal changes.

1. Rohit 

2. Gill

3. Pujara 

4. Kohli

5. Shreyas / Washington

6. Kishan 

7. Jadeja / Axar

8. Ashwin

9. Kuldeep

10. Shami 

11. Siraj 

**  I am strongly in favour of picking the best 4 bowlers for the conditions.

Totally agree about Siraj, just an oversight that I missed him in the squad. Siraj definitely will offer more with ball than Unadkat with ball and bat.

Sundar over Iyer (if Injured) is a concern that we dont have enough batsmen in the team to score runs. I havent seen enough of Sundar to know of his quality as a batsman.

I agree about Kuldeep too, yes its a shootout with Jaddu and Acar. Given Jaddu likely to still be injured, India is likely to be using Ash,Axar and Kuldeep as the spinners with Sundar.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

1. Rohit 

2. Gill

3. Pujara 

4. Kohli

5. Shreyas / Washington

6. Kishan 

7. Jadeja / Axar

8. Ashwin

9. Kuldeep

10. Shami 

11. Siraj 

**  I am strongly in favour of picking the 4 best bowlers for the conditions.

Even with injuries, if we play to our ability then there is no way Aussies are beating us at home. 2-1 or 3-1 india. 

Yes we have heaps of injuries but if our batting gets a bit of form we would toast them. No pant is an issue however. 

2 hours ago, speedracer said:

Even with injuries, if we play to our ability then there is no way Aussies are beating us at home. 2-1 or 3-1 india. 

Yes we have heaps of injuries but if our batting gets a bit of form we would toast them. No pant is an issue however. 

We have won the last 3 Test Series vs Australia in the last 6 years.  And 2 of them away. 

We are expected to win. 

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We have won the last 3 Test Series vs Australia in the last 6 years.  And 2 of them away. 

We are expected to win. 

If we actually go in well prepped and play tour games before playing nz we would smash them in nz too. 

We pretty much beta England. I don't see any point as to why we play 5 in England. 4 is sufficient. 

SA is the one that got away. We need to go in well prepped there next time.

5 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Sachin had issue against incoming deliveries and still played 200 tests. Kohli earned the right to play. 

He dint earn squat. He is a fraud. Needs to be permanently dropped. 

Corpse. Just cause sachhu kucchuset a precedent doesn't mean we should follow suit. 

Sacchu actually still performed far better vs prime steym etc in tests.

Edited by speedracer
48 minutes ago, test fan said:

This series where Virat will score two century and shut every one mouth . you can bookmarks this post .

Bookmark this post. He will average Max 30 in this upcoming series. 

He is dead and gone. Corpse. 

Apart from that I feel he will be dropped after test 2.

I so t give a flying fk about centuries either. I needs to win. Can he help us win with those centuries or lose like he how he did vs SA in the third test. Scoring a useless 50 odd in 160 balls and putting all the pressure on our other batsmen. 

Edited by speedracer