Trundlers Premiere League

deepdynamo

28 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What is point in Bhuvi bowling with new ball, he never picks any wickets.

he himself once said he does not bowl to pick wickets. he bowls to contain. it was such a ridiculous statement. A bowler's job always is to pick wickets first and contain second. 

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he himself once said he does not bowl to pick wickets. he bowls to contain. it was such a ridiculous statement. A bowler's job always is to pick wickets first and contain second. 

This guy has cost India multiple trophies like his batting counterpart KL Rahul.

Both of them have created this image of greatness when they are anything but great.

Siraj is showing how valuable taking wickets with new ball is for any team.

Edited by putrevus

53 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Bhuvi was bowling at those speeds in IPL for long time, what did he do in his career after he increased his speed. IMO 138-142 is not good enough unless you bring lot of other skills with ball. 

138-142 you also need height where you can get bounce .

Trundler below 135 have to be extremely skillful with the ball to be successful in whiteball cricket in India on a consistent basis even then they will be hit and miss.

Bhuvi was devastating even at 135kph with his natural swing. He only detiorated off after he reduced his pace to 130. Bhuvi was never a 138kph bowler ever. Also, his peak was good 4-5 years back. He is liability now with his sub 130 pace.

Coming back to speed, I do believe 138-142 is good enough provided you have skills to back it up. BUMRAH, SHAMI and SIRAJ are not tall but bowl in 138-142 consistently and have skills to back up their decent pace. Height is a major asset but not a deal breaker. 

And we have seen it with Siraj that he can crank it up to 145 because his base pace is 138 -140. So pace can be cranked up a little bit as you play more internationals.

No bowler can crank it up to 145 of his base pace is 132-135 ( Avesh or Mavi ceiling)

So, for me the first priority is the base pace ( 138-142). Non negiotable.

Second is height. Huge advantage of you are over 6 Ft. Not a deal breaker though as all of our beat three seamers are below 6 Ft. But thay does not mean that you can be very short even  if you have pace. This is the same reason Nagarkoti may not make it ever because he is too short for my liking.

Third is skill. This is crucial because you need to have some skills to survive at international level or even franchise level. But skills can be learned if you play games consistently. Example Haris Rauf was very raw but had pace + decent height + well built. He lacked in skills though and was mascarred regularly in international cricket. But Pakistan didn't give up on him and he learned all tricks on job.

Edited by deepdynamo

But the problem is if you wont back young pacers like Umran,Tyagi and Sen..when they will learn skills..

ot of these 3..I seriously believe we are wasting Tyagi very much..he would be a great asset if groomed well...they just nee dto get him consistent..has all..

height

pace and bounce

yorkers

movement

just groom him to get more consistent..and work on his fitness...

Edited by Need4Speed

9 hours ago, Need4Speed said:

But the problem is if you wont back young pacers like Umran,Tyagi and Sen..when they will learn skills..

ot of these 3..I seriously believe we are wasting Tyagi very much..he would be a great asset if groomed well...

I hope all 3 remain fit this year and BCCI allows them to play county cricket instead of rotting in the system.

They aren't going to get any support due to dominance of trundlerism in Indian Cricket. Everyone wants a 125 kph line length trundler.

38 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Everyone wants a 125 kph line length trundler.

BCCI must promote or invent crossover cricket where Indian men get to play alongside their women counterparts,it won't make any difference as these trundlers and low SR batsmen like Kela and Paddi,Koolie etc can only promote cricket globally

BCCI must look into this,Indian men's side/prospects are most apt for this kind of idea

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

BCCI must promote or invent crossover cricket where Indian men get to play alongside their women counterparts,it won't make any difference as these trundlers and low SR batsmen like Kela and Paddi,Koolie etc can only promote cricket globally

BCCI must look into this,Indian men's side/prospects are most apt for this kind of idea

Great idea, it will give a message of Feminism, Wokeism and women empowerment to the cricketing world. 
Our CJI has anyway declared that there is no diff. between man and woman :facepalm:...this would give stem to that message.

This is my perception. I may be wrong.

Top Tier Fast bowlers
Siraj
Shami
Bumrah ( injured)

High Potential Fast bowlers
Prasidh ( injured)
Mohsin  ( injured)
Kuldeep Sen ( injured)
Umran

High potential but untested

Tyagi
Yudhvir

Talented Trundlers
Arshdeep
Shardul ( can bat)
Deepak Chahar (can bat)

Oldies but still relevant somewhat
Umesh
Bhuvi

Saini
Natrajan
Sandeep
Mohit

Washed out ( but still perceived by IPL franchise as legends) 

Unadkat
Avesh
Harshal

Khaleel

Rookies ( but not impressive so far)
Deshpande
Hangrekar
Akash Singh
Mukesh
Sakariya

Yash Dayal
Yash Thakur
Arshad Khan
Arjun Tendulkar
K Asif
Akashdeep
Vyshak
Kejroliya

16 minutes ago, MK55 said:

Told u this trundler fetish runs deep and ain’t just restricted to Indian bowlers. Wood is dropped for Naveen ROFL. He must be totally confused lol. Happens only in this country. 

As I said to encourage fast bowlers, you need fast bouncy pitches. Pitches like these only encourage slow cutter bowlers.

Edited by rkt.india

29 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

As I said to encourage fast bowlers, you need fast bouncy pitches. Pitches like these only encourage slow cutter bowlers.

Those clowns also have a relatively faster red soil pitch. But too afraid of Joseph n Shami when you have Wood? Just too content to play on slow low bounce pitches to accommodate slower bowlers. 

But agree about pitches. This is probably the worst place in the world for fast bowlers. 

39 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

How is Pakistan producing 145 k bowlers then? Bowling fast does not mean they cannot bowl slower deliveries.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

How is Pakistan producing 145 k bowlers then? Bowling fast does not mean they cannot bowl slower deliveries.

Even we have as many 145 bowlers but if you want all of them to play, you need different pitches. On pitches like these even I will fill my team with cutter and spin bowlers.