identifying Indian talent from IPL

Vk1

we seem to go by the avg & strike rates and that doesn't seem to be helping in picking the non-star players or identifying certain frauds like Y chahal, Rahane ( remember 2016 SF royal screwjob) , Jadeja, Rahul.. 

I know that bcci would intentionally avoid picking players purely on merit for various reasons.. from fans perspective I feel we should put pressure through social media with better metrics than what we are shown..  One option could be to slot players into different tiers and show their numbers.. for eg., how is Prithvi Shaw's strikerate against a tier 1 bowler vs tier 2/ 3/4 .. and vice versa for Avesh khan.. agree that these methods may not give the best results as the records of ABD will also look bad as they tend to target weak links the most.. however we will still be able to find laxman/ mohinder amarnath kind of players who did special things when playing against top teams than others.. and since we have the habit of failing in semis.. such players may perform better than others 

Edited by Vk1

2 hours ago, Vk1 said:

we seem to go by the avg & strike rates and that doesn't seem to be helping in picking the non-star players or identifying certain frauds like Y chahal, Rahane ( remember 2016 SF royal screwjob) , Jadeja, Rahul.. 

I know that bcci would intentionally avoid picking players purely on merit for various reasons.. from fans perspective I feel we should put pressure through social media with better metrics than what we are shown..  One option could be to slot players into different tiers and show their numbers.. for eg., how is Prithvi Shaw's strikerate against a tier 1 bowler vs tier 2/ 3/4 .. and vice versa for Avesh khan.. agree that these methods may not give the best results as the records of ABD will also look bad as they tend to target weak links the most.. however we will still be able to find laxman/ mohinder amarnath kind of players who did special things when playing against top teams than others.. and since we have the habit of failing in semis.. such players may perform better than others 

Clutch performances should be rewarded. Patidar was picked in the squad but never got picked for even a single game. They could have given him one game at-least. Similarly, Tewatiya was picked in the squad and never got a game. You can't just drop clutch performers from the squad without ever giving them a single chance.