Pre-Match Discussion | ICC WTC Final | India vs Australia | Oval| Jun 07 - Jun 12

Predict the winner  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the WTC Finals?

• India
    • Australia
    • Draw
    • Tie

8 minutes ago, zen said:

I have only seen clips of Boland where he appeared to bowl in the 130-140 range, bowling within himself  ... However, he is strongly built so I would assume that he can bowl 145+ if he wants to (or push himself) 

Boland mostly bowls in 130-138 range. Hazelwood bowls in 135-145 range.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

That is ridiulous to say fans in India only watch because of certain players.They said samething when Sachin retired.

Fans will cheer Indian team no matter who plays , no player can play forever.

You are talking about ICF fans. Average fans are way too much into hero worshipping.

8 hours ago, zen said:

Boland (per fitness of Hazlewood or the need for Boland's pace) 

The law of averages is likely to favor Aus. After losing a bunch of series to Ind (and gaining momentum in the last 2 tests v Ind), Aus is better poised to not only win this but also the next series (or a couple of series). 

I would be extra wary of Boland in English conditions, unless he is having an off day.

Chuckte Raho

TC

Edited by Throwaib_Chuckter
Formatting
6 minutes ago, Throwaib_Chuckter said:

I would be extra wary of Boland in English conditions, unless he is having an off day.

Chuckte Raho

TC

He bowls like a machine. He can hit that flat and fullish length consistently. If you lose your concentration even a slight bit you could lose your wicket. Especially our "fishing" merchants can implode against such a bowler.

Very disheartening is the lack of support for the spinners here for this WTC.

In India with doctored pitches and the SG balls everyone is doing rah rah for the spinners.... and even there as soon as the Aussies won the third test, a road was unveiled for the fourth test instead of banking on the spinners.

Now everyone has turned on the spinners like sharks after blood in water. Even Unadkat and Thakur are being proposed as an alternative to the spinners.

Very disheartening and cynical.

Been a long 2-3 month sabbatical for me away from Indian Cricket. I have only seen bits and pieces of the IPL, nothing really excited me too much, aside from Jaiswal, wow the kid can play. I will say one thing about Dhoni, he is inspirational and No I dont support CSK or MI or anyone for that matter. If there was a T20 WC in India this year, I would rather have him in the team, then any other uncle.

If there is 5 days of clear weather for this WTC, India will be slaughtered.

Some of India's greatest Test wins in the last 20+ years has been ironically when we have had little to no chance of winning, especially against Australia.

However, all these victories were generally as a result of India having either good quality youth at the time, Bhajji, Pant or having experienced players still at their peak.

In this WTC, India really have neither.

With the likely team to be selected, I dont see anyone capable of winning this match for us.

Gill and Siraj are capable match winners but not on their own.

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane 

Jadeja

Kishan

Ashwin

Umesh

Shami 

Siraj 

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He bowls like a machine. He can hit that flat and fullish length consistently. If you lose your concentration even a slight bit you could lose your wicket. Especially our "fishing" merchants can implode against such a bowler.

Absolutely, he can cause a train wreck.

Is lower on the pace front compared to others in the Oz side which may even lull "fishing" merchants into complacency and they end up becoming catches:fishing:.

Chuckte Raho

TC

3 hours ago, AKane said:

Very disheartening is the lack of support for the spinners here for this WTC.

In India with doctored pitches and the SG balls everyone is doing rah rah for the spinners.... and even there as soon as the Aussies won the third test, a road was unveiled for the fourth test instead of banking on the spinners.

Now everyone has turned on the spinners like sharks after blood in water. Even Unadkat and Thakur are being proposed as an alternative to the spinners.

Very disheartening and cynical.

The sarcasm is strong in this one. Hats off mate. :hatsoff:

Chuckte Raho

TC

11 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

You are talking about ICF fans. Average fans are way too much into hero worshipping.

Dhoni fans or popularity of Dhoni goes through the roof,it's organic

Rohit,Kohli fans will forget them

in a year time

Most of them are paid fans/bots

Present generation isn't that loyal,Kohli Rohit don't command respect in the level of Dhoni,Sachin

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Australia will be up and ready for this WTC and they will want to make up for their failure in beating India in the test series earlier this year, although I felt they won the series overall.

India won the series 2-1 so how did Australia won the series overall?

19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

India won the series 2-1 so how did Australia won the series overall?

If you watched the series, anyone will tell you, we were lucky to win that series against Australia.

They had just one awful session where they lost the Test match. Aside from that Australia dominated for most days of the series, after being down.

2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Dhoni fans or popularity of Dhoni goes through the roof,it's organic

Rohit,Kohli fans will forget them

in a year time

Most of them are paid fans/bots

Present generation isn't that loyal,Kohli Rohit don't command respect in the level of Dhoni,Sachin

As an "outsider" looking in, what Dhoni has done with CSK is incredible. He led a team of old uncles to win the trophy now 5 times.

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

For a WTC Final the price is fair.

Day 1 is almost sold out.

Actually the price isn’t too bad and tickets are still available, I was checking a reseller with marked up prices.

However, Asher tickets are hard to get and have ridiculous prices!

4 minutes ago, Sandz said:

Actually the price isn’t too bad and tickets are still available, I was checking a reseller with marked up prices.

However, Asher tickets are hard to get and have ridiculous prices!

Think of Ashes, like if India were to play Pakistan in a Test series in India, it would be mind boggling how much money could be made.