Pre-Match Discussion | ICC WTC Final | India vs Australia | Oval| Jun 07 - Jun 12

Predict the winner  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the WTC Finals?

• India
    • Australia
    • Draw
    • Tie

India, to its credit, can boast of getting into back to back WTC Finals. Though we lost last time against NZ, India will look to turn the tide this time around. The opposition Australia however is tougher than Kiwis and we are expected to face some tough competition. Considering the game will be played in early June in England, expect the ball to swing a lot with fast bowlers getting assistance.

Please discuss your strategies, what would be your side, how can we beat them etc.

Our bowling is looking weak going into the match, 3 of the members of the bowling attack Shami, Jadeja, and Siraj have poor records in England.

Lower order batting will be weaker without Pant as well.

The team needs to make some out-of-the-box selections in order to win.  

If we go with the usual manhoos XI with Pujara, Kohli, KL, Ashwin etc , then there's nothing much to discuss here.

I really hope we atleast do something different and lose instead of the usual boring negative choke fests.

Id go with..

Rohit

Rahul

SKY

Kohli

Gill

Kishan (wk)

Jadeja

Thakur

Siraj

Shami

Umesh

I would ask everyone in the top 6 to go and play as fearlessly as possible and try to go at 7 RPO irrespective of the fall of wickets. There's literally nothing to lose.

If the wicket is a bit on the flatter side, i would swap Umesh with Kuldeep. 

1 minute ago, Norman said:

If we go with the usual manhoos XI with Pujara, Kohli, KL, Ashwin etc , then there's nothing much to discuss here.

I really hope we atleast do something different and lose instead of the usual boring negative choke fests.

Id go with..

Rohit

Rahul

SKY

Kohli

Gill

Kishan (wk)

Jadeja

Thakur

Siraj

Shami

Umesh

I would ask everyone in the top 6 to go and play as fearlessly as possible and try to go at 7 RPO irrespective of the fall of wickets. There's literally nothing to lose.

If the wicket is a bit on the flatter side, i would swap Umesh with Kuldeep. 

Will you be confident with SKY being your #3 in England in the month of June? :hmmm:

22 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Will you be confident with SKY being your #3 in England in the month of June? :hmmm:

Pujara's 13(63) would be of no use either. If SKY comes off (somehow) , it would have a huge effect on the way our middle order approaches their innings. The likes of Kishan, Kohli, Gill can tee off. That is pretty the only way we have a chance.

Squad: Pat Cummins (captain), Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitch Marsh, Todd Murphy, Matthew Renshaw, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, David Warner 

Australia have named the squad already. Murphy is there.Hopefully these are Pujara- Kohli’s last 2 innings in England.. Hope they justify their selection years after after despite non performances…