Gill becoming a flat track bully (FTB)

gakgupta

10 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yea. Today rubbish  bowling too. Having said that Jaiswal's kick start allowed him some space to find his feet. Kishan dot ball merchant both would put pressure on each other and eventually perish.

he is likely to be an FTB, but that might still be ok. one can accommodate 1 FTB as long as they are consistent on flat tracks

29 minutes ago, putrevus said:

On turning tracks or seaming tracks , most youngsters will have issues. 

Gill has much higher ceiling. I have seen many domestic players against spin. Compared to them Gill is light weight. Eswaran, Sarfraz etc.

Eswaran is  a sweep shot scientist one must say. Check this one out. He covers every angle on both side with sweep and reverse sweep

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Gill has much higher ceiling. I have seen many domestic players against spin. Compared to them Gill is light weight. Eswaran, Sarfraz etc.

Eswaran is  a sweep shot scientist one must say. Check this one out. He covers every angle on both side with sweep and reverse sweep

Gill will smash this quality spin bowling anyday.

14 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Who is he playing against should be the question.Gill is 100 times better plaayer than this guy.

Edited by putrevus
6 minutes ago, Lord said:

Gill will smash this quality spin bowling anyday.

He is merely frontfoot plonking as we saw in BD series and also against Australia at home outside of Ahmedabad.  In the IPL on certain tracks he struggled.  It is a problem. That is why people are discussing about it.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/news-he-will-come-prepared-hungrier-abhishek-nayar-shubman-gill-s-struggles-turning-ball-1st-india-vs-west-indies-t20i

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/he-still-hasn-t-found-his-feet-in-t20-format-gautam-gambhir-fires-massive-prithvi-shaw-warning-to-struggling-shubman-gill-101675092796517.html

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Who is he playing against should be the question.Gill is 100 times better plaayer than this guy.

Against spin on a turning track i will put many average guys over Gill. I have seen them play. He was literally wandering blindly outside the crease playing the line of the ball against BD spinners. Only reason he escaped scrutiny because Pujara and Kohli literally looked just as clueless.  He made runs on chattagoram where ball hardly turned appreciably. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Against spin on a turning track i will put many average guys over Gill. I have seen them play. He was literally wandering blindly outside the crease playing the line of the ball against BD spinners. Only reason he escaped scrutiny because Pujara and Kohli literally looked just as clueless.  He made runs on chattagoram where ball hardly turned appreciably. 

Your biggest problem is you are assuming that these players will play well than Gill . It is different animal playing for India where your every move is being dissected by opposing team not to mention the pressure.

7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Your biggest problem is you are assuming that these players will play well than Gill . It is different animal playing for India where your every move is being dissected by opposing team not to mention the pressure.

I don't think so. Your ability against spin suddenly won't vanish when you play for India. Jaiswal on his debut played spin better than Gill in the same Test. Same Jaiswal scored 2 centuries in IRani final where he had to handle a lot of spin.

13 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't think so. Your ability against spin suddenly won't vanish when you play for India. Jaiswal on his debut played spin better than Gill in the same Test. Same Jaiswal scored 2 centuries in IRani final where he had to handle a lot of spin.

So Gill scored 8 100s in FC cricket before he played for India and played well against all domestic bowlers including spin that is why he got selected to play for India.

Jaiswal looked better against WI is more about his form than him being significantly better player of spin.Jaiswal is very good player that is why he is playing for India.

You were talking about Eswaran in that video.Now you are changing it to Jaiswal.

Just now, putrevus said:

So Gill scored 8 100s in FC cricket before he played for India and played well against all domestic bowlers including spin that is why he got selected to play for India.

Jaiswal looked better against WI is more about his form than him being significantly better player of spin.Jaiswal is very good player that is why he is playing for India.

You were talking about Eswaran in that video.Now you are changing it to Jaiswal.

Since there is no way you or me can prove one is better against spin i am not going there. Since you focus on "playing for india" i touched upon it. It is not form. Gill made 100 at chattagoram failed at Mirpur. Gill made 100 at Ahmedabad. Failed at other places. Gil made runs at Ahmedabad in IPL.  Not fluent on turning track like Chennai.  His average at Modi stadium 66 at a strike rate of 160 in 12 matches. At chennai averages 24 at 125.00 in 5 matches. So many extensive discussions went on about this on twitter. You sound like this is a shocking news.

24 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Since there is no way you or me can prove one is better against spin i am not going there. Since you focus on "playing for india" i touched upon it. It is not form. Gill made 100 at chattagoram failed at Mirpur. Gill made 100 at Ahmedabad. Failed at other places. Gil made runs at Ahmedabad in IPL.  Not fluent on turning track like Chennai.  His average at Modi stadium 66 at a strike rate of 160 in 12 matches. At chennai averages 24 at 125.00 in 5 matches. So many extensive discussions went on about this on twitter. You sound like this is a shocking news.

That is again your assumption. Not scoring in Mirpur is not an indication on his spin playing ability.

As any player once he starts  playing international cricket, his  primary focus increases to focus more on fast bowling than spin.

Most players  including Sachin became worse players of spin than they started their careers as their focus shift more towards fast bowling.These are not my words these are words of Rahul Dravid.

One lousy season and you are assuming he is not good at spin bowling based on his stats in Chennai.

I am not shocked at his IPl as I still feel he does not have the ability to go from ball one.He will have some stretches where his SR will not be good.

7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That is again your assumption. Not scoring in Mirpur is not an indication on his spin playing ability.

As any player once he starts  playing international cricket, his  primary focus increases to focus more on fast bowling than spin.

Most players  including Sachin became worse players of spin than they started their careers as their focus shift more towards fast bowling.These are not my words these are words of Rahul Dravid.

One lousy season and you are assuming he is not good at spin bowling based on his stats in Chennai.

I am not shocked at his IPl as I still feel he does not have the ability to go from ball one.He will have some stretches where his SR will not be good.

You have just made up lol  There is no such criteria. As a batsman you try to get better against all kind of bowlers.  Especially as an Indian batsman where you play 50% of your matches in India you want to get better against spin. It is not like he is a master of swing bowling just in case you suggest his focus in other areas helped him. He scores on true wickets where there is not much movement or turn. I am a bigger fan of Gill than you. But i am not going to blindly cheerlead.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

You have just made up lol  There is no such criteria. As a batsman you try to get better against all kind of bowlers.  Especially as an Indian batsman where you play 50% of your matches in India you want to get better against spin. It is not like he is a master of swing bowling just in case you suggest his focus in other areas helped him. He scores on true wickets where there is not much movement or turn. I am a bigger fan of Gill than you. But i am not going to blindly cheerlead.

I have not made anything up, Dravid was offering his reason why Indian players are not able to play spin bowling well , if I am not wrong with Manjrekar.

I am not a fan of any one player. I always believe once you identify your core player, you need to give them chances to grow into the role.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I have not made anything up, Dravid was offering his reason why Indian players are not able to play spin bowling well , if I am not wrong with Manjrekar.

I am not a fan of any one player. I always believe once you identify your core player, you need to give them chances to grow into the role.

Rahul Dravid is an excuse merchant since he has become a coach. He even said 14 from KS Bharat was invaulable.