How should fans react on the gross mismanagement by Jay Shah in organizing Asia cup?

Austin 3:!6

47 minutes ago, BlueBlood said:

Pro-India means being honest about where country can improve and challenging authority. 

Not hiding behind the guise of patriotism as that has never lead to prosperity. Even during the time of Hitler and other dictators, they ran their rule with the excuse of patriotism.

In this particular case Jay Shah can never be fired for mismanagement and poor leadership even though he leads BCCI which is the richest board in the world by far. Money is not an issue here as is the case with a lot of government programs. The issue is lack of leadership and accountability.

If you have a solution to this, explain or run away like you always do when presented with facts.

Because you family chatukar you think everyone fits into the same mould. I practically hate cricket now because of that moron Jay Shah. But not just him. The whole coterie elite who have ruined Indian cricket. 

But chu that you are, you have presumed things about. No I am not neutral. Yes I voted for BJP. Yes I also voted for Congress. In 2024 I will vote for BJP. I am more more than happy to have my mind changed because more than my personal wish list, it is country that matters. 

"Thinking About It": Pakistan Cricket Board Chief Zaka Ashraf On Talks With BCCI's Jay Shah For Shifting Asia Cup Matches From Sri Lanka

The Asia Cup 2023 has been severely affected by rain in Sri Lanka. The tournament is being played in a hybrid model, with most of the matches played in the island nation while four games being played in Pakistan. However, India's match against Pakistan on Saturday had  to be abandoned due to rain. Not a single ball could be bowled in the second innings. Then, on Monday, there was rain after India captain Rohit Sharma and chose to bowl against Nepal.

On Monday, BCCI president Roger Binny and BCCI vice-president Rajeev Shukla reached Lahore for a two-day visit. On the same day, Pakistan Cricket Board chief Zaka Ashraf was asked about his talks with BCCI secretary Jay Shah regarding the shifting of matches due to rain. He just replied: "Thinking about it."

According to a report by news agency PTI, the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) is mulling a change in the venue for the Super Four matches of the Asia Cup in the wake of the heavy rains that have been lashing in Colombo. Five Super Four matches and the final have been scheduled in Colombo from September 9 onwards, but there are hardly any signs of the weather relenting. In that context, the ACC is currently engaged in a discussion with the Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) and tournament host Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) about the possible change of venue.

The PTI has been informed that three venues are under consideration – Pallekele, Dambulla and Hambantota.

The six participating teams have also been intimated about the possible change in venue.

Pallekele is currently hosting the Asia Cup league matches, but the possibility of rain in this hill town is also on the higher side.

"Thinking About It": Pakistan Cricket Board Chief Zaka Ashraf On Talks With BCCI's Jay Shah For Shifting Asia Cup Matches From Sri Lanka | Cricket News (ndtv.com)

IMO, India playing hybrid Asia cup is opening can worms.They should have insisted on netural venue or not played the Asia cup at all.

I blame Jay Shah and BCCI not insisting on complete neutral venue.

There is zero need for Indian team to play on Pakistani soil.PCB was full of snakes who will use this Hybrid nonsense to disrupt tournaments held in India.

India does not need Pakistani matches even in world cups.

9 hours ago, Mesky99 said:

Your whole policy is built on bleeding India by many cuts, even now at your lowest you still harbour and fund terror groups to create trouble in Kashmir, we have had four wars with you and each time Pakistan was a aggressor, you have completely wiped Hindu minorities from your pop, all this fake bhaichara with India is useless, all you want is some bcci money, until your terror policy towards don't change India will never travel or have good ties with Pak.

I'm uncertain about the recipient of this "your." I hold great affection for the people of India and firmly stand against the wave of hatred.

It appears you're echoing a one-sided nationalistic narrative that portrays one side as innocent victims and the other as aggressors. I urge you to adopt a more critical perspective when considering the powerful figures in Indian politics; question the prevailing narrative.

For instance, the claim that Hindus have been "wiped out" is untrue. I have thriving Hindu friends, and I've attended their temples and events throughout the city. The propaganda statistic usually mentioned, indicating a decline in the Hindu population from 20% to 2% since 1947, is misleading. It conveniently ignores that the majority of those Hindus were from East Pakistan/Bangladesh, and the decline was primarily due to the partition. Research and critical thinking are essential before accepting such claims. A decline of that magnitude would have amounted to an unprecedented genocide, which thankfully  did not occur.

While acknowledging imperfections, both countries must work harder to protect their minorities. As for the BCCI money and Pakistani cricket, the team is flourishing without it, contrary to the belief that Pakistan cricket relies on BCCI funds to survive or thrive.

Just now, Sharjah-Harjah said:

I'm uncertain about the recipient of this "your." I hold great affection for the people of India and firmly stand against the wave of hatred.

It appears you're echoing a one-sided nationalistic narrative that portrays one side as innocent victims and the other as aggressors. I urge you to adopt a more critical perspective when considering the powerful figures in Indian politics; question the prevailing narrative.

For instance, the claim that Hindus have been "wiped out" is untrue. I have thriving Hindu friends, and I've attended their temples and events throughout the city. The propaganda statistic usually mentioned, indicating a decline in the Hindu population from 20% to 2% since 1947, is misleading. It conveniently ignores that the majority of those Hindus were from East Pakistan/Bangladesh, and the decline was primarily due to the partition. Research and critical thinking are essential before accepting such claims. A decline of that magnitude would have amounted to an unprecedented genocide, which thankfully  did not occur.

While acknowledging imperfections, both countries must work harder to protect their minorities. As for the BCCI money and Pakistani cricket, the team is flourishing without it, contrary to the belief that Pakistan cricket relies on BCCI funds to survive or thrive.

Rubbish, Rawalpindi, multan, Lahore all had 15% Hindu pop, Hyderabad was over 20%, Karachi was 50%, today's Karachi Hindu pop is a mere 1%, even centres like Jhelum, Dina had 8% pop, peshawar district 5.31%, dera Ismail khan over 15%, bannu 9%, they have all been wiped out except a few pockets of Sindh who mainly poor laborers tribal Hindus, they have the worst lives ever, not to mention the genocide of hindu bangladeshis in 1971 by your army, we will never play cricket with you.

3 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

Lol sure that's what happened. 

You should get with the program instead of trotting out stale anachronistic platitudes that have Long since run their course while trying to take some non-existent moral high ground. It stopped cutting any ice quite a while ago. 

I don't want to assume any moral high ground, my friend. I don't even adhere to the concept of morality, and I'll never align with agendas driven by hate and manipulation. To me, all people in India, regardless of their religion, are like a big family. My aim is to encourage you to question the information you receive from your government and media. Look for and analyze opposing evidence. Always view things with a critical eye because there are vested interests globally that may not prioritize the truth.

1 minute ago, Mesky99 said:

Rubbish, Rawalpindi, multan, Lahore all had 15% Hindu pop, Hyderabad was over 20%, Karachi was 50%, today's Karachi Hindu pop is a mere 1%, even centres like Jhelum, Dina had 8% pop, peshawar district 5.31%, dera Ismail khan over 15%, bannu 9%, they have all been wiped out except a few pockets of Sindh who mainly poor laborers tribal Hindus, they have the worst lives ever, not to mention the genocide of hindu bangladeshis in 1971 by your army, we will never play cricket with you.

Can you kindly share the source of these statistics

4 minutes ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

I don't want to assume any moral high ground, my friend. I don't even adhere to the concept of morality, and I'll never align with agendas driven by hate and manipulation. To me, all people in India, regardless of their religion, are like a big family. My aim is to encourage you to question the information you receive from your government and media. Look for and analyze opposing evidence. Always view things with a critical eye because there are vested interests globally that may not prioritize the truth.

This is the sort of vacuous pablum I am talking about which doesn't really say anything while nevertheless makes sweeping assumptions.

Often times calling out 'hate' and 'manipulation' will seem like hate and manipulation to those engaging in it who then attempt to take the high road and prevent what they suggest people should do ie engage in a truth finding exercise. 

19 minutes ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

See fundamental problem with your argument is guy like Imran Khan.He should know what kind of response he himself got when he toured India as  a cricketer.

To get his political mileage he kept bashing a ruling govt of India .He was your PCB chairman.

India is not without its flaws but every Indian citizen believes Indian govt or army have rarely interfered in internal affrairs of another country or tried to spread hatred about one country.

Pakistan and its army on other hand still make their living on fueling anti India hatred.

Unless this changes there is not point in this pseudo bhai chara nonsense.

You don't have to look beyond Bangladesh , how it has atleast tried to focus on its economy rather than fighting wars against India .

Edited by putrevus
18 minutes ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

You should avoid misleading copy pastas from chatgpt. 

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

See fundamental problem with your argument is guy like Imran Khan.He should know what kind of response he himself got when he toured India as  a cricketer.

To get his political mileage he kept bashing a ruling govt of India .He was your PCB chairman.

India is not without its flaws but every Indian citizen believes Indian govt or army have rarely interfered in internal affrairs of another country or tried to spread hatred about one country.

Pakistan and its army on other hand still make their living on fueling anti India hatred.

Unless this changes there is not point in this pseudo bhai chara nonsense.

You don't have to look beyond Bangladesh , how it has atleast tried to focus on its economy rather than fighting wars against India .

I am not defending the ruling elites of any country. Totally agree on the above relative to Pak ruling elites leveraging anti-India sentiments to gain and maintain power. I TOTALLY reject it! What I am questioning is the absurd assumption of victimhood from either side, since BJP and Indian establishment’s role has not exactly been brotherly nor friendly towards Pak from the inception, causing a chain reaction. Doesn’t Indian establishment proudly claim how they manufactured the Bangladesh independence, isn’t that interference in the internal affairs of another country? Have you or your friends ever questioned if India should be playing that role in its neighborhood touting their horns? What signal does it send? 
Again, not saying Pakistani powerful elites are not at fault, but they are certainly have a lot of company in creating this mess. 

Today, politics in both countries is extremely polarized and it’s unfortunate to see, because the real problems are illiteracy, poverty, and climate change. 

22 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

This is the sort of vacuous pablum I am talking about which doesn't really say anything while nevertheless makes sweeping assumptions.

Often times calling out 'hate' and 'manipulation' will seem like hate and manipulation to those engaging in it who then attempt to take the high road and prevent what they suggest people should do ie engage in a truth finding exercise. 

Vacuous what? Lol

Its unclear what your argument is. Ide encourage you to focus on making a coherent and objective argument rather than your flashy vocabulary 

Just now, Sharjah-Harjah said:

Vacuous what? Lol

Its unclear what your argument is. Ide encourage you to focus on making a coherent and objective argument rather than your flashy vocabulary 

it's quite clear and easy to understand if you weren't trying to be a dumbass ignoramus who can't make any argument by himself without using an AI with it's own slanted dataset as a baisakhi and kept repeating stale cliches.

Just now, rollingstoned said:

it's quite clear and easy to understand if you weren't trying to be a dumbass ignoramus who can't make any argument by himself without using an AI with it's own slanted dataset as a baisakhi and kept repeating stale cliches.

See again, you’re not making an objective argument. You may not be using AI to bring clarity to your argument , but it’s still not clear what you’re trying to say. Suggest you use AI. 
You’re basically trying to say I suck, which is ok, but it’s not really an argument right. 

12 minutes ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

I am not defending the ruling elites of any country. Totally agree on the above relative to Pak ruling elites leveraging anti-India sentiments to gain and maintain power. I TOTALLY reject it! What I am questioning is the absurd assumption of victimhood from either side, since BJP and Indian establishment’s role has not exactly been brotherly nor friendly towards Pak from the inception, causing a chain reaction. Doesn’t Indian establishment proudly claim how they manufactured the Bangladesh independence, isn’t that interference in the internal affairs of another country? Have you or your friends ever questioned if India should be playing that role in its neighborhood touting their horns? What signal does it send? 
Again, not saying Pakistani powerful elites are not at fault, but they are certainly have a lot of company in creating this mess. 

Today, politics in both countries is extremely polarized and it’s unfortunate to see, because the real problems are illiteracy, poverty, and climate change. 

There is no victim hood, it is very clear from BCCI  and Indian govt. India should not be doing more than it needs to do as far as Pakistan and PCB are concerned .

Your guys like Najam Seths is playing to your crowds.

"How disappointing! Rain mars the greatest contest in cricket. But this was forecast. As PCB Chair, I urged the ACC to play in UAE but poor excuses were made to accommodate Sri Lanka. Too hot in Dubai, they said. But it was as hot when the Asia Cup was played there last time in Sep 2022 or when IPL was played there in April 2014 and Sep 2020. Politics over sport. Unforgivable!"

1 minute ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

See again, you’re not making an objective argument. You may not be using AI to bring clarity to your argument , but it’s still not clear what you’re trying to say. Suggest you use AI. 
You’re basically trying to say I suck, which is ok, but it’s not really an argument right. 

When you didnt't understand what I was trying to say it's not on me not having made an 'objective argument' which doesn't really mean anything in this instance since it's not a question pf subjectivity or objectivity. Suggest you learn to think and then read and write properly instead of depending on an Ai very often does what you say ie engaging in circumlocution without making any clear point. 

If the 'you suck' point is pertinent to the discussion then it doesn't matter that it wasn't a long winded argument. 

46 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

I'm eagerly awaiting the credible source for these statistics. It's troubling how misinformation spreads so effortlessly. The claim of 50% Hindus in Karachi is astonishing; do you genuinely believe this? You should visit Karachi; the Hindu community here thrives with a significant presence in businesses like pharmaceuticals and big-box retail. They proudly contribute to the city's prosperity, and we even celebrate festivals like Holi together with friends. Many of my best friends are Hindus growing up we hung out everyday in Karachi.

@rollingstoned it’s chatgbt again