Demographics

Ranvir

The area where I live has seen a big influx of them in the last 5 years or so. All are having 3 children or more which means school places are getting very hard to find and queues for doctor appointments have grown. This is a nice area as well but still the overbreeding does not stop with them no matter how educated or affluent they get. 

Even though I just bought this house 3 years ago I'm seriously thinking of moving to spare my son from having to go to a school which has many of these guys and their backwards view of the world. 

Even in west this is the problem people who are educated will have less kids or no kids because of work and don’t have to raise kids. Muslims even educated still have 3-5 kids or may be more. They are fast growing across the world. Europe has same problem US does one good thing they don’t allow too many from one country. 

4 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Democgraphy is destiny. Dont be surprised if Europe puts in a harsh immigration ban in next few years. 

They don't need to put in immigration bans, the ones that are already here are increasing their population exponentially. A Muslim who has 3 kids and then each of those kids has 3 means that man will have 9 grandchildren. A Sikh and Hindu will have 2 children and their children will have 2 as well meaning they have 4 grandchildren. 

9 vs 4. In two generations demographics can change dramatically. 

In India Muslims have increased their population by 50% since 1947 and that is in a country that started off with 350 million people and people from other religions were also breeding like rabbits. 

On 9/17/2023 at 2:53 PM, kepler37b said:

Their quality of population in Muslim working class is falling. I think they are below most backward Hindu castes.

If not for freebies and revdis, they will fall more even more lower.

How do you conclude the quality is falling in Muslim working class population?

Education levels are rising. Neo natal health stats of mothers are improving. On almost each human development matrix, Muslims have done better than in previous decades. 

Also Muslims in India are more urban (as a percentage of population) than Hindus.  Most are working class or in small trades. A small (compared to others) but middle class engaged in service sector and an even smaller rich class. 

I find your comments way off the mark. Anything to substantiate this?

On 9/18/2023 at 1:19 AM, Ranvir said:

They don't need to put in immigration bans, the ones that are already here are increasing their population exponentially. A Muslim who has 3 kids and then each of those kids has 3 means that man will have 9 grandchildren. A Sikh and Hindu will have 2 children and their children will have 2 as well meaning they have 4 grandchildren. 

9 vs 4. In two generations demographics can change dramatically. 

In India Muslims have increased their population by 50% since 1947 and that is in a country that started off with 350 million people and people from other religions were also breeding like rabbits. 

In India the growth rate of Muslim population has fallen steeply. The highest such fall in Muslim growth rates. Since independence. This is from the 2011 census. Let’s see what the latest numbers show.

Anecdotally, I’ve observed that Muslims tend to marry later compared to their parents/grand parents. Have fewer kids. space out the said kids etc. 

From 1992 - 2019, Hindu fertility rates have dropped from 3.4 to 1.9.

During the same time, Muslim fertility rates have dropped from 4.4 to 2.4

I've lost the ability to post images on ICF. Otherwise, I'd just have posted the graphs from these links. Very informative and mustread for anyone who wants to have an opinion on this topic

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2021/09/21/population-growth-and-religious-composition/

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/02/09/key-facts-as-india-surpasses-china-as-the-worlds-most-populous-country/

27 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

From 1992 - 2019, Hindu fertility rates have dropped from 3.4 to 1.9.

During the same time, Muslim fertility rates have dropped from 4.4 to 2.4

I've lost the ability to post images on ICF. Otherwise, I'd just have posted the graphs from these links. Very informative and mustread for anyone who wants to have an opinion on this topic

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2021/09/21/population-growth-and-religious-composition/

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/02/09/key-facts-as-india-surpasses-china-as-the-worlds-most-populous-country/

Indian Muslims fertility rate must have fallen to the ideal 2.1-2.2 replacement rate in 2023...

Bangladeshi Irani Muslims are below replacement rate.

Pakistan is behind in education, so the fertility rate is among the highest in the world.

On 9/19/2023 at 4:50 PM, Mariyam said:

How do you conclude the quality is falling in Muslim working class population?

Education levels are rising. Neo natal health stats of mothers are improving. On almost each human development matrix, Muslims have done better than in previous decades. 

Also Muslims in India are more urban (as a percentage of population) than Hindus.  Most are working class or in small trades. A small (compared to others) but middle class engaged in service sector and an even smaller rich class. 

I find your comments way off the mark. Anything to substantiate this?

Well, I actually meant that the lower hindu castes have overtaken them. There is improvement, fall in birth rate among muslims too. I agree to that. 

The neo natal health stats improvement is largely due to improvement of free medical services from govt.

Muslims in India are urban, because of various reasons. Not due to outward migration from rural areas. They were immigrants during muslim rule of this country and they settled around power centers.  

Most are in working class or small trades as the parents cannot afford education for big family size.