Dravid: 'We've picked our team for the World Cup and Surya is in it'

vvvslaxman

It's great to see the Coach and TM fully backing SKY. Upto SKY now to repay the faith. In a long tournament, even though he may not start in the 11 in the initial matches, at some stage, more likely towards the business end of the tournament, he will be in the 11. Wether he becomes a Dinesh Mongia of 2003 WC or Suresh Raina of 2011 WC is upto SKY now.

8 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I m not a pandya fan. But he did well in the SF vs Eng (2022 T20 WC).  Single handedly took Ind to 168 when 150+ looked impossible at one stage.  

I am not against Pandya either. When we can wait world cup after world cup for Pandya to come thru , why are we not having even half the patience with SKY.

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

That's the only noteworthy inning and there also India lost. Nothing game changing as the impression is.

India lost due to some idiotic bowling tbh...  SA attack was far more skilled on show. 

But it was a close game & it was only due to SKY's lone warrior knock. 

He is like Livingstone...  Might not click everyday but you want him around. 

Never been sold on Samson.  Can hit spin but his range is limited vs Pace. 

6 hours ago, Frustrated said:

He has played 27 odis already.  Had our TM given these many chances to a youngster (like Rinku Singh) , we probably could hv got good depth in our batting line up. 

I can't understand why Rinku is not getting chances. He is left handed, middle order and clutch. What else do the selectors need? 

I have disagreed with some of the selections in the past few years, even the current squad is at best 70% close to what I wanted but one thing you have to give it to this TM, unlike last few WCs( especially last WC) this squad goes in to the the tournament looking lot more assured, at least 9 of the 11 spots have been fixed for past more than a year now.  This is the major reason we have sucked in WCs, always taking under prepared players especially the MO. 

Personally about Surya I have always had my doubts in ODIs, but with the backing he's getting inspite of the failures  you never know he could play some blinders which he is capable off and for all you know he could be the difference in KOs.