Will American hegemony ever end ?

ravishingravi

1 minute ago, rangeelaraja said:

I shared a database in my post ( see link )

Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't make a place bad. No place is perfect. And everybody's opinions are subject to our experiences. 

This country has given me ALOT so I have a very different opinion than you, have seen all sides of it - good , bad and ugly for 18 years.

Your database isnt very credible. 

Yankeestan is **** **** place to live. No healthcare, violent crime levels orders of magnitude worse than rest of the west. 

That makes it a **** place to live. 

Yankee cities of comparable sizes to Canadian cities hit the yearly murder rate of those Canadian cities by end of March/April every year. 

Its a trash country, of trash people and deserves to be dismembered is how i see it - both to save it from itself and the world from its depradations.

On 10/6/2023 at 2:58 PM, Muloghonto said:

in my six months in dubai last year, i came across at least 20 desis- mostly doctors- who got their degrees from the states and came to dubai. When asked why, they all said the same thing - higher quality of life, much higher net savings & much closer to India. 

All of which, i agree with. As i said before, i will happily go live long term in Dubai than in ANY north american city - its simply better in almost every single way.

You are the dumbest poster on ICF (actually there is one more). Posting requires login and I have never understood how you figured it out. 

Given a choice between Middle East and US, doctors will always prefer US. As usual you are clueless.

Just now, Khota said:

You are the dumbest poster on ICF (actually there is one more). Posting requires login and I have never understood how you figured it out. 

Given a choice between Middle East and US, doctors will always prefer US. As usual you are clueless.

Why would doctors prefer the US, when doctors make far more money in the ME ? 

I am not talking about your 1 in a million genius doctor who wants to discover something new/new procedure, but your actual practicing doctors. 

ANd yes, there is a dumber poster than me on ICF- thats YOU

16 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Your database isnt very credible. 

Yankeestan is **** **** place to live. No healthcare, violent crime levels orders of magnitude worse than rest of the west. 

That makes it a **** place to live. 

Yankee cities of comparable sizes to Canadian cities hit the yearly murder rate of those Canadian cities by end of March/April every year. 

Its a trash country, of trash people and deserves to be dismembered is how i see it - both to save it from itself and the world from its depradations.

It is not " my " database.   It is a database used by millions here to negotiate market salary rates in big tech and wall street ...and it is even cited by candidates in  interviews as industry data points. Your saying it " isnt " very credible makes no difference to its credibility.  It is highly current- updated almost real time. It seems you are highly out of touch of how things work here after you left the shores.

Your strong  opinions are highly prejudiced and irrational while you may be right about crime rates. 

But that has got to do with many reasons - the biggest being income inequality.

Let me give you an example - SFO - up north of Silicon Valley.

The tech boom and insane salaries resulted in mass migration there and Seattle Washington area- this caused housing prices to go through the roof.

People who bought 1 million dollar homes in a year or two saw it valued at over 2 million. 

That makes housing unaffordable for locals who have been living in those areas for generations.

SFO while being filthy rich , also has a very large and growing homeless population.

This has more to do with extreme capitalism producing massive income disparity resulting in crimes.

Blame Capitalism without limits if you want to blame something. 

Edited by rangeelaraja

4 minutes ago, Khota said:

I am sorry @Khota  this is where I draw a line. That honour solely belongs to you. It requires intense discipline and unreal denseness to stay ignorant and confident. Few have managed to keep so many folks engaged in discussion where you input was 5 words which meant nothing. Unique talent. 

Just now, rangeelaraja said:

It is not " my " database.   It is a databased used by millions here to negotiate market rates in big tech and wall street ...and it is even cited by candidates in  interviews as industry data points. Your saying it " isnt " very credible makes no difference to its credibility.  It is highly current- updated almost real time. It seems you are highly out of touch of how things work here after you left the shores.

It isnt credible wrt the argument you are making. 

Your strong  opinions are highly prejudiced and irrational while you may be right about crime rates. 

how is it irrational to say its better to work somewhere where you make 2-3x more money and its 100x safer to live in ??

But that has got to do with many reasons - the biggest being income inequality.

Let me give you an example - SFO - up north of Silicon Valley.

The tech boom and insane salaries resulted in mass migration there and Seattle Washington area- this caused housing prices to go through the roof.

People who bought 1 million dollar homes in a year or two saw it valued at over 2 million. 

That makes housing unaffordable for locals who have been living in those areas for generations.

SFO while being filthy rich , also has a very large and growing homeless population.

This has more to do with extreme capitalism producing massive income disparity resulting in crimes.

i don't give a **** about yankee reasons for why yankeestan is trash. Its not my country, i have zero *s to why it sucks or what it should do to get better. I only care for the bottomline : that it is a **** country to live in, a **** country overall and a plague on mankind. 

I live in Canada. Where housing is far less affordable than in murrica. We are still 5-10 times less criminal than yankees.

If extreme capitalism produced crime, then Asia would have higher crime rates than murrica, not 20 times lower crime rate. So yankee excuses don't fly with me, sorry.

Two other elements to consider while comparing US and Dubai. Tax impact and PPP which translates to actual savings. Still think US has an edge top of the line innovators / programmers. Market depth in US for techies is just about the best. For rest of the professions, depending on the state and years of experience it could defer. 

Just now, ravishingravi said:

Two other elements to consider while comparing US and Dubai. Tax impact and PPP which translates to actual savings. Still think US has an edge top of the line innovators / programmers. Market depth in US for techies is just about the best. For rest of the professions, depending on the state and years of experience it could defer. 

i have literally said that many times- that US is the best place to be for programmers, if all you care for is money while you live in an overrated junglee zone.

But in the fields i specified, Dubai, Saudi, Kuwait & Qatar are far, faaaaaaaaaaar better. 

Because of the no income tax+ higher base pay + lower cost of living benefits.

Doctors for eg, in Dubai, do not pay into lawsuit insurance like murrican doctors do- their hospital covers it. So thats thousands per month saved right there. 

Middle east deliberately pays higher for these jobs, because we are not retards to go live in 'no fun land' that is a furnace outside for 90% of the year, over the west, just coz its safer to live there. We do it, coz we get compensated for 'no fun land' with 3x more savings. 

Thats why the creme de la creme of Indian chemical engineering sector goes to the ME to work in their oil & fertiliser corps. 

Besides, people don't realise that USA is not a big player in chemical industries - it punches far below its weight in this regard, due to US being a post industrial economy.

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

I am sorry @Khota  this is where I draw a line. That honour solely belongs to you. It requires intense discipline and unreal denseness to stay ignorant and confident. Few have managed to keep so many folks engaged in discussion where you input was 5 words which meant nothing. Unique talent. 

Fact that you took time to respond to that post tells me a lot. Did you figure it out on your own or you had some help.

6 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

I know that. I would still take Canadian salary in Canada than US salary in USA. i aint living in that shithole, sorry to say. I might as well try to live in Ramallah if i wanted to live in retard land of violence & crime - at least iraq has more culture than murrica. 

Isn't Ramallah in Palestine/Israel?

I see this in a different light:

Move to the Gulf states is like investing in a high risk high return equity instrument. You save more. You pay no taxes. 

However, you can be dismissed for an opinion on twitter that doesn't conform with or criticizes the powers that be.

Move to the West (specifically , the US) is like investing in a mid cap mutual fund. It will take you that much more time to buy your home in India. But you will get nationality eventually.

My brother and his spouse , in finance and academia respectively, live in Boston and on my limited visits there; February/March, I found the weather to be unbearable. A car is a necessity in Boston. 

My sister and her spouse, both doctors, stay in Dubai and I found the weather far more agreeable barring Apr-Aug. Public transport is safe and convenient in Dubai.

Point being that my anecdotal experiences are diametrically opposite to yours.

I stay in Mumbai, and if our family WA chats are anything to by, I whine the least among my siblings about our place of residence.

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Move to the Gulf states is like investing in a high risk high return equity instrument. You save more. You pay no taxes. 

However, you can be dismissed for an opinion on twitter that doesn't conform with or criticizes the powers that be.

Not an issue at all, unless you are retarded. its not like even a dozen Indians are getting expelled every year from the gulf due to social media opinions. 

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Move to the West (specifically , the US) is like investing in a mid cap mutual fund. It will take you that much more time to buy your home in India. But you will get nationality eventually.

My brother and his spouse , in finance and academia respectively, live in Boston and on my limited visits there; February/March, I found the weather to be unbearable. A car is a necessity in Boston. 

My sister and her spouse, both doctors, stay in Dubai and I found the weather far more agreeable barring Apr-Aug. Public transport is safe and convenient in Dubai.

I stay in Mumbai, and if our family WA chats are anything to by, I whine the least among my siblings about our place of residence.

I was in Dubai between Feb to Oct last year and it was pretty much impossible to be outside after 8am or before 6pm after end of March.

You gotta have lizard skin to be outside more than that in Dubai in that timeframe or then again, i may've become too canadian-ized in climate tastes - last dec i was in Kolkata and Mumbai and it was 'genji & lungi' weather for me.

7 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Not an issue at all, unless you are retarded. its not like even a dozen Indians are getting expelled every year from the gulf due to social media opinions. 

Not true. During Nupur Sharma incident a lot of people were targetted. When I went to Dubai for 2 weeks a few years back there was a section in the paper full of people who were either getting kicked out for some comment on Islam or their prophet or on the ruling dispensation. It is a very common occurance. 

Just now, bharathh said:

Not true. During Nupur Sharma incident a lot of people were targetted. When I went to Dubai for 2 weeks a few years back there was a section in the paper full of people who were either getting kicked out for some comment on Islam or their prophet or on the ruling dispensation. It is a very common occurance. 

never saw such a section in the paper while i spent six months there. 

And as i said, its not an issue unless you are a retard. Not being able to say whatever you wish to say is just a small price to pay if you dont wanna live in mass school shooting land.

And its not like i can say anything i want over SM in most of the western world either.

44 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

People speak only about low/ no taxes but, how easy is it for a well qualified woman to get a high paying  job in the the Emirates ?

In the US mostly if both the spouses are in well paying professions - the savings can be pretty high. 

I don't think the " double income " phenomenon is common in the Emirates or not ?

Edited by rangeelaraja

Another thing I've noticed is the huge disparity in pay depending on your passport. 

Indians would earn 1/4 that of people from the west even if they were in more senior or experienced positions. If you are killed in an accident or something I believe the value of an Indian/South Asian (non-muslim) life is the second lowest (lowest being South Asian non-muslim women) in terms of blood money owed. 

Not sure how you can live in a society that believes in things like this. ME is just for visiting for me - even then last choice compared to many other places in the world.

17 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

People speak only about low/ no taxes but, how easy is it for a well qualified woman to get a high paying  job in the the Emirates ?

why is that even an issue for you ? If the guy's income can run the family easily, its ALWAYS the preferrable choice for vast majority of humanity. With good reason. You are now trying to invent reasons and parrot westoid propaganda on why murrican life is better. It isn't. 

17 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

In the US mostly if both the spouses are in well paying professions - the savings can be pretty high. 

I don't think the " double income " phenomenon is common in the Emirates or not ?

Its a good thing that it isn't common. Perhaps thats why raising kids in Emirates is 1000 times easier & better than in murrica or the west. 

Dubai,Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dammam - all cities i have personal experience living in- are a lightyear better to live in if you got kids and family - than Pittsburgh, NYC, Seattle, Toronto, Ottawa & Vancouver, where i also have living experience in. 

And most of the people i know with ME experience tend to concur i find. 

17 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Another thing I've noticed is the huge disparity in pay depending on your passport. 

Indians would earn 1/4 that of people from the west even if they were in more senior or experienced positions. If you are killed in an accident or something I believe the value of an Indian/South Asian (non-muslim) life is the second lowest (lowest being South Asian non-muslim women) in terms of blood money owed. 

Not sure how you can live in a society that believes in things like this. ME is just for visiting for me - even then last choice compared to many other places in the world.

It wasn't true in QP, AARAMCO, ADNOC in the 90s & early 2000s, i see no reason why that would change now, either. indians making less than goras is a thing, but not for senior/exp positions.

For eg, in QP circa 2005, the paygrades were VIP,A1-3, B1-3, C,D & E all of them 1-2. Most gora 'engineering technicians' would start at B3 and the few good gora engineers would top out at B1 ( no non qatari got the VIP or the A class). Desi engineers would mostly start at C1 and top out at B1- where there were by far more # of desi B1 than any other demographic, followed, distant second, by Koreans, then Gora angrezes. 

its not difficult to live in the ME if you know how to mind your own business and not get openly political. You can do all the political 'adda' you wish- but inside your house with friends and so long as you dont talk Islam/qatari monarchy itself, you are fine.

I mean look at me- i am not a liberal hindu by any means. If i can say 'ME life is better in many ways', pretty sure half the board wouldn't mind living there, if they actually tried it. 

Like Gautam, other South Asians spoke to me of the economic advantages, cultural resources and freedoms from the pressures of extended family that they enjoyed in Dubai, while they also recounted difficulties posed by the sponsorship system under which they worked. They shared experiences of racism and inequality, of unexpected changes to their job descriptions after arrival in the UAE and of other uncertainties they had to navigate on a daily basis. Many had arrived in Dubai through networks of middlemen running private employment agencies who recruited them for jobs that promised several times the salary they were making in India. [3] And like Gautam, most people paid thousands of dollars up front and arrived to find that their actual salaries were much less than promised. Because migrant work visas are tied to a kafil, there is little standardization or government intervention in migrant employment. Most employers still hold on to their employees’ passports, even though the UAE government has recently made that practice illegal. Thus migrants are faced with the experience of being trapped in their jobs and with the feeling that they could be deported at any time. In addition, if employees leave their jobs before their contract — usually one to three years — is up, they are put on a black list that bars them from employment for six months, forcing them to return to India at their own expense and look for employment from there. Unlike most Europeans and North Americans, South Asians need a visa even to enter the UAE as tourists, so they cannot stay in the country unless they are employed or are a dependent of someone who has employment. Additionally, employers usually pay South Asians about half of what they pay Westerners for the same jobs, without offering the perks of free housing, schooling for children, cars and other accoutrements that Westerners routinely enjoy. Thus, South Asians consistently struggle at the bottom of a hierarchy of migration and employment in Dubai. They have little job security and deal with great financial strain at practically any skill level or rank, whether they are office clerks or executives. The logic behind this system of employment, which also disadvantages other Asian, Arab and African groups, is that migrants are temporary and are remitting their earnings. Therefore, they should be paid according to the standard of living in their home countries, since they make more money in the Gulf than they would at home and also take money away from the Emirati economy.

https://merip.org/2009/11/the-precarious-existence-of-dubais-indian-middle-class/

It's up to people to choose to live as 3rd class citizens for money - but I think life in murica and elsewhere at least gives you dignity that these countries don't.

26 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

why is that even an issue for you ? If the guy's income can run the family easily, its ALWAYS the preferrable choice for vast majority of humanity. With good reason. You are now trying to invent reasons and parrot westoid propaganda on why murrican life is better. It isn't. 

Its a good thing that it isn't common. Perhaps thats why raising kids in Emirates is 1000 times easier & better than in murrica or the west. 

Dubai,Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dammam - all cities i have personal experience living in- are a lightyear better to live in if you got kids and family - than Pittsburgh, NYC, Seattle, Toronto, Ottawa & Vancouver, where i also have living experience in. 

And most of the people i know with ME experience tend to concur i find. 

Don't try to assume stuff when you have just your own perspective. 

The fact that -  every other post you chose to use short-hand pejoratives to address a country  shows a personal grudge and that you have lost the ability to reason rationally.

As someone else said, you are the only one here that seems to agree with your anecdotal experiences - nobody else buys your middle east story.  Other people have seen and lived around the world too.

Nobody is trying to change your opinion and your irrational perspective  is not  going to change anybody's opinion either.

Edited by rangeelaraja