It will be a travesty if India don't win this World Cup

dilliboy

Kuldeep has just started ..he is far from atg. Indian team has a weakness which is a long tail and lack of part timers.

Real test is yet to come. Bowling in dew is not going to be easy ..England is woefully short of confidence and form.if both Rohit and Kohli fails...it is going to be a big test. Chasing 350 plus totals will be hard but hopefully the knockout pitches will make it 280 but equally tight.

The reason I bring this up is we are following the 2019 script where kohli Rohit and Dhawan peppered over lot of cracks until they all failed.

Team is as strong as the weakest link and you can bet opposition will try to attack that vulnerability.

23 hours ago, dilliboy said:

The current Indian team in my opinion has at least 5 players who will walk in into our all time ODI XI - Rohit, Kohli, Bumrah, Shami and Kuldeep. And to top it all, all of them are peaking at the right time in this WC.

Once again this team has shown that it is far and away the best side in these conditions. The most complete bowling attack and the most technically equipped batsmen in these conditions. The opposition team needs to play out of their skins and only a freak innings by a maverick player like Maxwell or Klaasen can potentially stop this juggernaut. This is India's World Cup too lose and it will be tragedy of the highest order if this team doesn't keep the trophy home.

Don't think Shami and Kuldeep will be in our all time XI as yet.

Rohit

Sachin

Kohli

Dravid

Yuvi

Dhoni

Kapil

Kumble

Srinath

Zaheer

Bumrah

11 hours ago, Lord said:

Rohit

Sachin

Kohli

Dravid

Yuvi

Dhoni

Kapil

Kumble

Srinath

Zaheer

Bumrah

Naah

Rohit

Sachin

Kohli

Dravid/Ganguly

Yuvi

Dhoni

Kapil

Jadeja

Bumrah

Shami

Kuldeep

3 pacers 3 spinners (including Yuvi). Batting till 8.

Dev - 253 @ 27.45

Shami - 180 @ 24.65

Kuldeep - 162 @ 25.65

Bumrah - 143 @ 23.40

Kumble - 334 @ 30.83

Srinath - 315 @ 28.08

Zak - 269 @ 30.11

These guys have more wickets but the average difference is too much.

Thing is as India keeps becoming richer and richer and ICT keeps getting stronger the all time XI will keep having new players. In the ODI team only Kapil and test only Gavaskar and Kapil among those who have played cricket before 2000.

Test XI -

Gavaskar

Sehwag

Dravid

Tendulkar

Kohli

Pant

Kapil

Jadeja

Ashwin

Shami

Bumrah

ODIs Dravid, Jadeja, Shami will be replaced within 10-20 years

Tests Sehwag, Kohli, Shami within 10-20 years

8 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Naah

Rohit

Sachin

Kohli

Dravid/Ganguly

Yuvi

Dhoni

Kapil

Jadeja

Bumrah

Shami

Kuldeep

Dev - 253 @ 27.45

Shami - 180 @ 24.65

Kuldeep - 162 @ 25.65

Bumrah - 143 @ 23.40

Kumble - 334 @ 30.83

Srinath - 315 @ 28.08

Zak - 269 @ 30.11

Thing is as India keeps becoming richer and richer and ICT keeps getting stronger the all time XI will keep having new players. In the ODI team only Kapil and test only Gavaskar and Kapil among those who have played cricket before 2000.

Test XI -

Gavaskar

Sehwag

Dravid

Tendulkar

Kohli

Pant

Kapil

Jadeja

Ashwin

Shami

Bumrah

Disagree about the replacement part.

Dravid, Sehwag faced far superior bowling attacks than anything that will ever be presented in the coming years.

It was at at a time, when all teams in the world fielded strong bowling attacks. SA, WI had weapons of mass destruction in their bowling attacks for starters.

SA batting first at Mumbai and posting a 370+ score, like they have done twice already in this cup, is the only way I see India getting knocked out of this WC (they are the only big team that haven't eliminated India in an ICC tourney KO in the last ten years. This might as well be their chance ) . Otherwise no team/ scenario can eliminate India in these conditions.

1 hour ago, deathmonger said:

Naah

Rohit

Sachin

Kohli

Dravid/Ganguly

Yuvi

Dhoni

Kapil

Jadeja

Bumrah

Shami

Kuldeep

Dev - 253 @ 27.45

Shami - 180 @ 24.65

Kuldeep - 162 @ 25.65

Bumrah - 143 @ 23.40

Kumble - 334 @ 30.83

Srinath - 315 @ 28.08

Zak - 269 @ 30.11

Test XI -

Gavaskar

Sehwag

Dravid

Tendulkar

Kohli

Pant

Kapil

Jadeja

Ashwin

Shami

Bumrah

Just because Ambani and Adami families are getting richer, it doesn’t mean India is getting richer and Cricket is improving as a result of it. This is some weird logic I only find here.

SA and Afg cricket are the most improved teams. However, their economy has not improved whatsoever. 
Anyway, Given IPL and ginormous size of India, Australia should not be the country with 5 ODI WC trophies. 

The 2000 generation of Indian cricketers were mentally superior to this lot in handling pressure. Let’s see if they can convert their hype into tangible outcome such as this WC trophy. 

25 minutes ago, Sonix768 said:

SA batting first at Mumbai and posting a 370+ score, like they have done twice already in this cup, is the only way I see India getting knocked out of this WC (they are the only big team that haven't eliminated India in an ICC tourney KO in the last ten years. This might as well be their chance ) . Otherwise no team/ scenario can eliminate India in these conditions.

Those post results are just so invalid and irrelevant its not funny. Useless stats. Now recent games played in India is much more valid and useless criteria to make assertions.

However, your comment about SA scoring 370+ is very true and valid, I definitely can see India choking in that situation.

I still hold firm belief the batting line up has yet to properly fire and it is the bowlers that have either flattered the batting or made it easy.

3 minutes ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

Just because Ambani and Adami families are getting richer, it doesn’t mean India is getting richer and Cricket is improving as a result of it. This is some weird logic I only find here.

SA and Afg cricket are the most improved teams. However, their economy has not improved whatsoever. 
Anyway, Given IPL and ginormous size of India, Australia should not be the country with 5 ODI WC trophies. 

The 2000 generation of Indian cricketers were mentally superior to this lot in handling pressure. Let’s see if they can convert their hype into tangible outcome such as this WC trophy. 

Ganguly was the chief architect of this strong mental mindset when he took on and beat the "invincible" Australian team with their winning streak at the time in 2001.

10 minutes ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

Yup! He was a very good captain. The team has a no nonsense champion mindset 

I remember being so proud of the way that Ganguly took on Australia on his own, all sorts of mind games he played in that infamous series.

IIRC didnt he take two wickets in the opening over of a test match, where India only fielded one pace bowler and 3 or 4 spinners?

@express bowling would have hated seeing just one pace bowler picked for a test match.

On 10/30/2023 at 5:14 AM, Sharjah-Harjah said:

While I agree that this is the most complete bowling unit for these conditions and the best team overall, I disagree that this is the best batting unit.

Gill, Iyer, Sky and Kishan are all new-ish on world stage and they have not shown much of a potential in the WC pressure games yet. With Pandya potentially injured, batting is relying on able shoulders of Kohli and Rohit, but they can’t fire everyday. 
SA and Aus have more explosive and capable batting than India today.

QDK, Bavuma, Markaram, VD Dussen,  Klassen, Miller (no weak link) 

Head, Warner, Marsh, Smith, Lab, Maxwell. (lab weak link) 

NZ is also pretty pretty good.

Lol at Bavuma and Dussen and same for Smith and Labu. BTW they are going to face Indian bowlers not pakistani bowlers. Till date AFG has highest score against us as we took them lightly, no 300 against us.

On 10/30/2023 at 12:38 PM, deathmonger said:

Iyer invested a lot in. Good stats as well.

Let's see what these two do in the next few games.

Its one way good that without performance of our young guns we reacehed this far…. Who knows suddenly gill and Iyer hit the form just before ko and then Pandya also be back  rejuvenated. If these 3 folks hit the form even 2 of them and other senior folks maintain same consistency i think we would be covered.

28 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Its one way good that without performance of our young guns we reacehed this far…. Who knows suddenly gill and Iyer hit the form just before ko and then Pandya also be back  rejuvenated. If these 3 folks hit the form even 2 of them and other senior folks maintain same consistency i think we would be covered.

Yes its the point I am making we need just another couple of guys n form to cater for in case Hitman, Gill and Kohli all fail in a final.

Im confident that SKY can do this, I feel he has turned the corner. If Kohli didnt run him out a few days back, he would have scored that game as well.

19 hours ago, Lord said:

Rohit

Sachin

Kohli

Dravid

Yuvi

Dhoni

Kapil

Kumble

Srinath

Zaheer

Bumrah

Kumble and Srinath had longevity but Shami and Kuldeep are statistically better in in terms of averages and strike rates. No doubt in my mind they are in my all time India ODI XI

6 hours ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

Best Indian 11:

Gambhir 

Ganguly (C)

Kohli 

Yuvraj

Dhoni

Pandya

Raina 

K Dev

Harbhajan 

Zaheer 

Shami 

What a troll post Lol. Ganguly and Gamngiyy shouldn't be near an all time Indian XI in any conditions.

Same goes with Harbhajan