It will be a travesty if India don't win this World Cup

dilliboy

13 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Standard Pakistani cope.

1. SA isn't "improving". They are back to where they were before (not even that tbh). Afghanistan base is important cause they started playing 20 years ago.

2. There is no 3X HDI. Argentina is at 0.842, close to a lot of European countries. Brazil is at 0.754 but their population is 210 million which compensates their lower HDI.

3. India is a medium HDI country. Pakistan is a low HDI country. These are not random definitions but UN designated ones. A GDP per capita of $2700 with growth rates of 6.5-7% is admirable despite what Pakistanis would like to believe.  What is pathetic is Pakistan who has a lower gdp per capita than 2015. Pakistanis should stay humble and not comment on Indians, a people superior to them in every aspect.

4. Pakistan DOES NOT have beautiful highways and railways. A highway in Islamabad means ****-all. Pakistan has only one small metro in Lahore. India has metro systems in non capitals of smaller states. There is nothing in Pakistan like the Vande Bharat trains. India has highways and railways everywhere.

India has the 2nd largest road network in the world with 6,700,000 km. Pakistan is at 263,775 km - smaller than countries like Bangladesh, Vietnam, Mexico, Brazil, South Africa, Thailand which have less population than them not to mention the first world countries of Germany, France, Japan, Canada etc.

India has the 4th largest rail network in the worlod with 68,043 km. Pakistan is at 7791 km - less than countries like Hungary, Myanmar, Romania, Kazakhstan etc.

Look I am not trashing India. 

I am being straightforward. $2200 GDP per capita is nothing to be impressed about. India has so much potential. They should stay humble and aim for crossing $15k, which would be considered an achievement. 
Based on textbook definition, GDP per capita over $1036 is considered middle income country. So on their definition, both Pak and India are “middle income”. This is a BS definition. The nominal difference of 30%-50% does not explain the performance in cricket. India just has better infrastructure and pathway programs in place. 

Pakistan has awesome highways and road network. If you visited Lahore, Islamabad, you will be surprised by the development in those cities. CPEC investments by Chinese sugar daddies of $30B in just decade have added world class power plants and transmission network completely eradicating power shortages, the construction of 510 kilometers of highways, and the expansion of the national transmission network by 886 kilometers. 

Terrorism is a rarity. Terror events are down 98% since it’s peak in 2006. 

The Indian railway network was built by the British sugar daddies. The real plunderers of India who don’t get any tough love from RSS and they’re hypnoties.

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Although,i understand your point on selecting Ashwin

But this Ashwin is not the same,many expected him to do better than what he did in Chennai against Aus

His craze for unnecessary variations sometimes hurts his side

Plus,pitches are getting sluggish not that much turn

Spinning wickets which aren't slow bring in finger spinners more,we already have one in Jadeja

These sluggish pitches helps pacers better, deliveries after pitching don't reach the batsmen at regular pace

It had happened in Lucknow,in Pune ,

Eden gardens too seems sluggish (not watched the BD innings today thoroughly though)but few deliveries looked getting stuck

Ashwin is basically a safety option. Batting at 8 plus economical bowling. Shardul can go for runs.

Option 1 - Pandya, Kuldeep, Bumrah, Shami, Jadeja - Issue is one bowler goes down or has a bad day Kohli/Rohit will have to ball and the game can be gone in those overs

Option 2 - Pandya, Kuldeep, Bumrah, Shami, Jadeja, Siraj - Issue is batting ends at 7 and in case of a collapse will be in trouble

So we need one of Ashwin/Shardul and Ashwin is more economical and has decent defensive technique. In case of collapse can at least hold an end down, make 10-15 runs and help the other main batsman score some runs in a partnership. Also is economical, if not a wicket taker.

28 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

The thing about Pakistanis are that their country formed the same year India got independence, so we are the basis of their comparison.

Until economic reforms, Pakistan was slightly richer due to their American sugar daddies. Even then we had higher literacy, HDI etc etc. Also was setting up the base for what was to follow by setting up IITs, DRDO, ISRO etc.

Post reforms, India has gone so far ahead that Pakistanis are burning in jealousy (and lots of Pakistanis have admitted to it as well). The only field Pakistan believes it can compete is men's cricket so when India dominates them, they can't take it. That's why they use a lot of copium refusing to believe the gap between the teams is due to structure rather than lucking into good players. Well, they have a long and painful life ahead of them.

This is an over generalization.

it’s true that Indians were more educated and literate upon partition. But Pakistan made very credible progress with the lack of resources and challenges.

There is no jealously from me for India’s progress nor do I deny that India is a better ODI and test team than Pakistan. In T20s it will remain even steven due to PSL.

the gulf between the two teams expanded due to the double whammy effect of IPL and no cricket in Pakistan. However this is changing quickly with cricket returning to Pakistan and PSL gaining momentum and producing talent. You have to be blind not to see the talent identified and produced by PSL like Shaheen, Naseem, Abdullah S, Fakhar, Rizwan, Shadab, Rauf. Most recently Saim, Ihsanullah and Zaman. The LOI teams is only expected to get better and better this decade 

Edited by Sharjah-Harjah
3 minutes ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

I am being straightforward. $2200 GDP per capita is nothing to be impressed about. India has so much potential. They should stay humble and aim for crossing $15k, which would be considered an achievement. 
Based on textbook definition, GDP per capita over $1036 is considered middle income country. So on their definition, both Pak and India are “middle income”. This is a BS definition. The nominal difference of 30%-50% does not explain the performance in cricket. India just has better infrastructure and pathway programs in place. 

Pakistan has awesome highways and road network. If you visited Lahore, Islamabad, you will be surprised by the development in those cities. CPEC investments by Chinese sugar daddies of $30B in just decade have added world class power plants and transmission network completely eradicating power shortages, the construction of 510 kilometers of highways, and the expansion of the national transmission network by 886 kilometers. 

The Indian railway network was built by the British sugar daddies. The real plunderers of India who don’t get any tough love from RSS and they’re hypnoties.

India's GDP per capita is 2600. Pakistan's 1400. That's 77%. These are from the October 2023 IMF report. Add in the 5.5X population difference and that explains the performance in cricket (and other fields). You need both population and wealth. India trumps Pakistan in both. Brazil in football compensates for lower wealth with higher population. Australia in cricket does the opposite.

Lahore and Islamabad are capitals. That is not a "network". India has proper highways in even remote places.

lol 510km of roads in a decade. India has built 53,953km last decade.

886km of transmission? India did 17000km in the last 9 years.

Pakistani economist himself admitting how far ahead India is:

You are comparing best of Pakistan with worst of India and even there that fails. Punjab's HDI is lower than Bihar's. India's best like Kerala and Tamil Nadu have levels of development which no Pakistani state can get in 50 years (not hyperbole - just mathematics). Pakistan has an HDI lower that Kerala had in 1990.

Metros are all indigenous as are the Vande Bharat. Pakistan also had railways built by British. Couldn't expand on it.

12 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Ashwin is basically a safety option. Batting at 8 plus economical bowling. Shardul can go for runs.

Option 1 - Pandya, Kuldeep, Bumrah, Shami, Jadeja - Issue is one bowler goes down or has a bad day Kohli/Rohit will have to ball and the game can be gone in those overs

Option 2 - Pandya, Kuldeep, Bumrah, Shami, Jadeja, Siraj - Issue is batting ends at 7 and in case of a collapse will be in trouble

So we need one of Ashwin/Shardul and Ashwin is more economical and has decent defensive technique. In case of collapse can at least hold an end down, make 10-15 runs and help the other main batsman score some runs in a partnership. Also is economical, if not a wicket taker.

Shardul should never have been in the squad in the first place

I was saying to back your strengths,

Pandya even if returns won't bowl much

We need three fast bowlers to keep the pressure,unfit Pandya won't be a steaming Pandya

Siraj has his own strengths,hope he comes back to form

See ,you are saying we must cover the risk of long tail by selecting Ashwin,but Ashwin too doesn't give that assurance

Plus his bowling is also unreliable

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Shardul should never have been in the squad in the first place

I was saying to back your strengths,

Pandya even if returns won't bowl much

We need three fast bowlers to keep the pressure,unfit Pandya won't be a steaming Pandya

Siraj has his own strengths,hope he comes back to form

See ,you are saying we must cover the risk of long tail by selecting Ashwin,but Ashwin too doesn't give that assurance

Plus his bowling is also unreliable

Like I said, he is basically a safety.

Best case scenario - not even used. But need to prepare for worst cases too. Siraj has been getting tonked in every game minus the NZ one. His natural full length is not working on these pitches.

Ashwin is still a better batsman than Siraj. Plus he won't be a main bowler. Just bowl to left-handers and keep it tight. I would have liked Axar cause he is a genuinely good batsman but we don't have him.

4 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Like I said, he is basically a safety.

Best case scenario - not even used. But need to prepare for worst cases too. Siraj has been getting tonked in every game minus the NZ one. His natural full length is not working on these pitches.

Ashwin is still a better batsman than Siraj. Plus he won't be a main bowler. Just bowl to left-handers and keep it tight. I would have liked Axar cause he is a genuinely good batsman but we don't have him.

Including Ashwin will compromise our bowling attack

Bumrah Shami Siraj all compliment each other

You take one out,they won't be same especially when Pandya is not fit or there

Even a lacklustre Siraj has provide few crucial breakthroughs

I'm just backing our strength

Edited by Suhaan

Including Ashwin will compromise our bowling attack

Bumrah Shami Siraj all compliment each other

You take one out,they won't be same especially when Pandya is not fit or there

Even a lacklustre Siraj has provide few crucial breakthroughs

I'm just backing our strength

I'm talking with Pandya back obviously.

If not same lineup as the current one.

Edited by deathmonger

Pandya I don't know if he's going to bowl or if he does ,how many will he?

Pandya's injury is biggest blow to us at this crucial juncture

Said to be recovering well.

If he can't bowl, no point in playing him tbh. Even if he bowls 6-7 that's good. Ashwin can cover the rest which is why I want him.

India's side is the most balanced with a good blend of experience and youth. India have quality for these conditions.

From an outsider's perspective, I feel that Bumrah is the key. His accuracy and skill make him in my opinion the most valuable player in the world right now. With him  fit and firing, I don't see any way India lose unless they are crazy enough to serve up some pacey tracks against the other 3 SFs (I think the top 4 as it stands are the SFs).

India according to the bookies ae 11/10 to win. They are such strong favourites, that anyone betting on them winning frankly is not smart. You're not going to make much money on India winning this tournament. It's reminds me of when Nadal would enter the French Open or when Djokovic in his pomp players anywhere else. The question was who do you take, them or the field? Well right now, who do you take, India or the field? India hands down.

I hope I'm wrong, nothing in sport is more exciting than shocks/upsets, but it won't happen.

1 hour ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

@Sharjah-Harjah

You are a compulsive liar it seems or are grossly misinformed.

As of 2023, India's per capita GDP is upwards of $ 2600 and will cross $3000 in 2026......so it's not 2200 has you are trying to slip in. 

India will reach $22,000 per capita GDP  easily within it's independence centenary in 2047 according to both WB and IMF- which is a remarkable achievement for a country that is  5-10 times more diverse than the entire continent of Europe.  PWC is projecting it to be $26,000.

Also India's current per capita GDP is not the true measure of India's progress.   Its per capita GDP is equal to some of Africa's "richest " countries. 

But India is galaxies ahead of Africa in terms of social class, education and technology. 

So using GDP alone is not a reflection of how far India has come.

And regarding terrorism in Pakistan - I suggest you go through the year by year list since 2006.  There are citations for everything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Pakistan_since_2001

3 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

@Sharjah-Harjah

As of 2023, India's per capita GDP is upwards of $ 2600 and will cross $3000 in 2026......so it's not 2200 has you are trying to slip in. 

India will reach $22,000 per capita GDP  easily within it's independence centenary in 2047 according to both WB and IMF- which is a remarkable achievement for a country that is  5-10 times more diverse than the entire continent of Europe.  PWC is projecting it to be $26,000.

Also India's current per capita GDP is not the true measure of India's progress.   Its per capita GDP is equal to some of Africa's "richest " countries. 

But India is galaxies ahead of Africa in terms of social class, education and technology. 

And regarding terrorism in Pakistan - I suggest you go through the year by year list since 2006.  There are citations for everything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Pakistan_since_2001

By 2047, India will prolly be around $12,000 in 2023 dollars. Pakistan around $3000.

6 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

@Sharjah-Harjah

Today both classify as “middle income”

per official definition. A difference of 50% is nominal and nothing to speak of.

It’s an irrelevant discussion what will happen in future. We’ll see.

The biggest issue with India's impressive tournament to date is that from this position, only winning the WC will be considered acceptable.

In many ways by performing beyond expectations, anything short of winning the WC will now be considered a failure.

I still do not believe India's has played at its maximum potential, I also believe that the batting is very suspect.

Interesting two weeks in Indian Cricket coming up.