Delhi choking again - Thank the Anndata

ravishingravi

6 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

stop all stubble burning.this is not a political issue but a human issue,all parties should come together and enforce this strictly.While we are at it India should give up Coal completely and transition much more quickly to renewable energy and battery and hydrogen vehicles.for its credit the government has set some goals to 2030 and complete renewable production by 2050  but its not going to get there if states themselves dont take up the slack.only some states like Gujarat,TN,Rajasthan and Karnataka are heavily pursuing renewables.

Those states are not agricultural states. I truly wish Punjab was not an agricultural state either and should transition to something else. But there are underlying causes to this issue that need to be resolved.

4 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Then why are you asking dumb questions? Perhaps you can answer why napunsak CM and party is unable to do anything about this in their state Punjab for 2 years?!

Asking a simple question why farmers are burning stubble is dumb? Did you get your two master's from Trump University.

7 minutes ago, Khota said:

First let us try to understand why are they burning stubble? Try to answer this question.

Since you know both problem and solution - why are you asking me? Please educate me

Also pls explain why is this only a problem in da Punjab and not in Haryana, Rajasthan etc. 

Also @Khota

Here is a statewise breakdown of crops grown in India. Punjab is a distant 3rd in both Rice & Wheat to Maharashtra and UP. They don't seem to grow much of anything else. 

Why are these other states not facing these issues? You can say MH has more money.. but what about UP? They are one of the poorest states in India.

https://www.indiabudget.gov.in/economicsurvey/doc/stat/tab118.pdf

Edited by bharathh

17 minutes ago, Khota said:

Serious as heart attack. Other states are highly developed and industrialized. Punjab is not.

I am almost sure most states(except Rajasthan obviously) on those i mentioned have more area under agriculture than Punjab.The problem is punjab farmers dont want to change .

12 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Also @Khota

Here is a statewise breakdown of crops grown in India. Punjab is a distant 3rd in both Rice & Wheat to Maharashtra and UP. They don't seem to grow much of anything else. 

Why are these other states not facing these issues? You can say MH has more money.. but what about UP? They are one of the poorest states in India.

https://www.indiabudget.gov.in/economicsurvey/doc/stat/tab118.pdf

UP is lot bigger than Punjab. The problem is in every state but more so in Punjab.

7 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

I am almost sure most states(except Rajasthan obviously) on those i mentioned have more area under agriculture than Punjab.The problem is punjab farmers dont want to change .

Because they are larger states.

Government has always been involved....  Shekhar Gupta explained it very clearly here

due to lack of water...  the state government of Punjab  Haryana have restricted usage of water for growing Rice during hot and dry months of April/May...  Hence the rice crop is sown later in months of June and the crop is ready by October. Many farms now use mechanized equipment that leave behind stubble. As the farms have to be readied for winter sowing of wheat... the farms have to be cleared of stubble. As government is unable to collect and use stubble of tasks like manufacturing of ethanol.. most of the stubble is burned.

Now Wind factor also comes into play as Winds operate from North - West to South east & dry winds aid spread of pollutants as well. 

South & Deccan is immune to these things...  And least largely.