Proud of team India

Mariyam

6 hours ago, zen said:

I didn't follow this WC on TV but had planned to watch the final. However, when Ind made it, I knew there was no point in staying awake for it. In the early morning, I looked at the scorecard, where Ind had lost like 7-8 wkts by the 46th over :yawn2:. Then I checked the scorecard around the time when Aus was 47/3. Smith was out and I "felt" that someone else would click (Maxwell's 200 flashed in the mind) for Aus to take it home. 

At the moment, Ind is not good enough for big games. 

This troll went missing for almost 1 month when India was doing good and comes back immediately after 1 loss with only 1 agenda. 

Perfect example of supporting a player more than the team, looser.

Nothing to be proud of with this Indian team.

They have bought shame and ridicule to Indian Cricket.

Please dont get sucked into the Dravid mentality of being weak, meek and timid.

India should have fielded a much stronger mentally side than these fraudulent players that perform when there is nothing at stake.

Gill, SKY and Kela have consistently failed in WC tournament finals.

8 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Players gave their best through out the tournament. We are too used to this now, atleast I, and many who have been here are used to not seeing them win big tournaments since 2013 Champions Trophy,  that I felt desenticised  by the defeat which was inevitable and somewhere in the middle of the game it stopped hurting and the feeling of “acceptance” that Aussies are just better than us, even after us thrashing every team earlier in the tournament, started setting in.

So near, bur it wasn’t be. 

Quest to trophy continues.

Same here! I stopped caring after Kohli's wicket. 

5 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

In a game with dwindling support every year.

Playing against arguably 3-4 competitive nations.

Two of which are known chokers (SA, NZ) where cricket isnt even 3rd most popular sport.

All India had to do was beat AUS considering England self destruction.

Yet in home conditions lost.

This is what good PR and media brainwashing does.

Shameful that we can't even boss the only game we are good at. AUS already qualified for soccer world cup.

Indian fans will become like Bangladesh or SL fans doing nagin dances to ipl and bilateral tours.

This is the biggest tragedy of all.

You are absolutely right in that here is disproportionate attention provided to cricket. While we are very very good at it , it does not really warrant all that hype.

I mean look at Australia. Their most popular sport isn't even cricket. What that allows the Aussie team to do is treat it as a sport, nothing more nothing else.

If you look at Cummins, he is always smiling no matter what the situation. Their players , while they take the sport seriously, are not burdened by fans and do not think of themselves as prima donnas.

Indians should now be matured enough to appreciate other sports.It is an indicator of a developing country anyways that we have proliferation of sportsmen in other disciplines. Neeraj Chopra, Kishore Jena, Jyothi Vennam, Deepika Kumari..there are countless athletes who compete against the best in the world and come up tops. Then why spend so much time on cricket ???

If the public keeps low expectations, its good for the team.

Just now, rish said:

You are absolutely right in that here is disproportionate attention provided to cricket. While we are very very good at it , it does not really warrant all that hype.

I mean look at Australia. Their most popular sport isn't even cricket. What that allows the Aussie team to do is treat it as a sport, nothing more nothing else.

If you look at Cummins, he is always smiling no matter what the situation. Their players , while they take the sport seriously, are not burdened by fans and do not think of themselves as prima donnas.

Indians should now be matured enough to appreciate other sports.It is an indicator of a developing country anyways that we have proliferation of sportsmen in other disciplines. Neeraj Chopra, Kishore Jena, Jyothi Vennam, Deepika Kumari..there are countless athletes who compete against the best in the world and come up tops. Then why spend so much time on cricket ???

If the public keeps low expectations, its good for the team.

"What that allows the Aussie team to do is treat it as a sport"

This is what we are failing to do, and losing as a consequence. Even when they get out, the Aussies walk off coolly, they don't look downbeat and depressed like our players. 

4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Rohit and Virat crying :dissapointed:

What a poor example that is setting for the next generation of Indian Cricketers.

Never saw SRT, Ganguly or Dhoni with such poor uncontrolled emotions.

Be strong and stoic.

Just now, nevada said:

This is what we are failing to do, and losing as a consequence. Even when they get out, the Aussies walk off coolly, they don't look downbeat and depressed like our players. 

Exactly my point!

We treat this like this sport is only destined for us, that other teams should defer to our team, that our batsmen are the best blah blah.

Its us fans, not the players!

1 minute ago, nevada said:

India need to practice this art of being cool, calm and collected.

They panic, tense up, then choke.

India only performs when its not like life or death scenarios or if the conditions heavily favour them.

1 minute ago, SRT100 said:

India need to practice this art of being cool, calm and collected.

They panic, tense up, then choke.

India only performs when its not like life or death scenarios or if the conditions heavily favour them.

Again , its us fans and the media.Even former players. 

Yesterday I was watching this interview of Yuvraj singh saying how India will destroy Australia blah blah. It smacked of total arrogance.

Leave the team alone .Support them, demand accountability but dont diss them after just one bad performance.

As the saying goes:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
   If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
   And treat those two impostors just the same;

1 minute ago, rish said:

Again , its us fans and the media.Even former players. 

Yesterday I was watching this interview of Yuvraj singh saying how India will destroy Australia blah blah. It smacked of total arrogance.

Leave the team alone .Support them, demand accountability but dont diss them after just one bad performance.

As the saying goes:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
   If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
   And treat those two impostors just the same;

One bad performance?

They have failed to win any ICC tournament in over 10+ years.

Thats a catastrophic failure.

I agree about the entitlement, I started a thread about warning about Australia peaking and instead I heard mostly from self entitled posters thinking India were a strong team and will beat Australia comfortably.

There are some very smart and knowledgeable posters on here, they also foreshadowed this disaster.

Just now, SRT100 said:

One bad performance?

They have failed to win any ICC tournament in over 10+ years.

Thats a catastrophic failure.

I agree about the entitlement, I started a thread about warning about Australia peaking and instead I heard mostly from self entitled posters thinking India were a strong team and will beat Australia comfortably.

There are some very smart and knowledgeable posters on here, they also foreshadowed this disaster.

Then its simple, Don't follow them.

11 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

What a poor example that is setting for the next generation of Indian Cricketers.

Never saw SRT, Ganguly or Dhoni with such poor uncontrolled emotions.

Be strong and stoic.

Lots of sporting greats cry after losing important matches. It's just raw emotion.

Also what do you expect when you win 10 WC matches on the trot and then lose the all important Final.

5 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Lots of sporting greats cry after losing important matches. It's just raw emotion.

Also what do you expect when you win 10 WC matches on the trot and then lose the all important Final.

Its a weak mindset and poor example.

Be strong and be stoic.

Im not against them being upset and even crying, but do so privately.

Steve Smith cried publicly during Sandpapergate and he really has never been the same player sense.

I dont recall SRT, Dhoni or Ganguly ever crying.

44 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Nothing to be proud of with this Indian team.

They have bought shame and ridicule to Indian Cricket.

Please dont get sucked into the Dravid mentality of being weak, meek and timid.

India should have fielded a much stronger mentally side than these fraudulent players that perform when there is nothing at stake.

Gill, SKY and Kela have consistently failed in WC tournament finals.

I'll add Fraudeja and Indian spinners as well. They mostly go missing in KO matches. Bumrah slightly redeemed himself though I think he won't play all the formats from here on. 

7 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

For a young new poster, you seem to have a strong opinion here.

No, I demand and expect better.

Indian Cricket has fallen over the last few years because it accepts mediocrity.

What does age or being new have to do with opinions?

And i am neither young nor new.I have been on this site for 12 years.

Indian cricket has not fallen.It is doing very well save for the last obstacle.I would rate Gabba and the Aussie series win way over this.

Not much wrong in coming up with coping mechanism. But to state it bluntly, we hv not won an ICC tournament for 10 yrs.  And it is only going to get worse from here.  Secondly, reaching the Final of a tournament being played in home conditions where only 10 teams are competing (out of which there are only 4-5 decent teams) is an OKish performance, overall.