Which cricketer terrorized you the most as a fan?

MechEng

14 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I think its the 2-3 innings which has created that perception. Lets start with the league game in 96 WC(similar to tamim in 07 wc) when we first saw him, semis he flopped then 340 on a super flat deck and 180+ in an ODI. Maybe i am missing 1 or 2 more but apart from that we used to get him out quick. 

Its wasn't about stats with Jayasuriya, there are many who made more runs than him...but Jayasuriya was the one batter who actually exposed our trundlers & showed how pathetic our bowling lineup was in 90's.

Likes of Prasad, Prabhakar, Raju, Ashish Kapoor, Kuruvilla etc were treated like dirt by him...infact during 1994-1998 I had more belief on Sachin to get him out rather than the names above. Such was his impact, he can demoralize the opposition within first 10 overs itself...the same strategy was later picked up by Gilchrist & Sehwag respectively, but Jayasuriya was the OG.

13 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Its wasn't about stats with Jayasuriya, there are many who made more runs than him...but Jayasuriya was the one batter who actually exposed our trundlers & showed how pathetic our bowling lineup was in 90's.

Likes of Prasad, Prabhakar, Raju, Ashish Kapoor, Kuruvilla etc were treated like dirt by him...infact during 1994-1998 I had more belief on Sachin to get him out rather than the names above. Such was his impact, he can demoralize the opposition within first 10 overs itself...the same strategy was later picked up by Gilchrist & Sehwag respectively, but Jayasuriya was the OG.

If that is the criteria then i would go with Afridi ahead of Jayasuriya. Personally for me it will always be Alan Donald. 

43 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

If that is the criteria then i would go with Afridi ahead of Jayasuriya. Personally for me it will always be Alan Donald. 

our bowling sucked bad. If it was sehwag batting against india then..boy he would have made 400+ in tests n odis

15 minutes ago, Chaos said:

our bowling sucked bad. If it was sehwag batting against india then..boy he would have made 400+ in tests n odis

One of WI fast bowler was in commentary, i think holding, when Abey Kuruvilla was bowling. His comment how can such a large man with such a long run up bowl so slow. 

18 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He has scored a 50 in every 5th game against India in ODIs. It is not the runs. It is the manner in which he dismissed us what instills fears. We don't care for accumulators.  Lot of accumulators have done well against us.

Ricky ponting had a 50+ score against India every 2.5 game infact he scored a 100 against us every 6th game. why not ricky why jayasuriya. 

19 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Glenn Mcgrath. 

This is the man. Our batsmen just couldn't play him. Also special mention to donald. In tests only**

Glen mcgrath was ultra accurate. Never seen a bowler that good. We would beat Aussies if he dint play even in their prime. He was a thorn. Warne was dealt with, we had no issues with the other fellows like reiffel, McDermott, Lee etc. Even Gillespie although a good bowler, he benefited form bowling along side mcg. But when mcg bowled, we knew run scoring was going to be tough. Even in India he averages 21 or something like that.

3 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Ricky ponting had a 50+ score against India every 2.5 game infact he scored a 100 against us every 6th game. why not ricky why jayasuriya. 

As i said it is the manner in which he targeted Indians and other bowlers around that period. I remember he added 100 runs for the last wickets in a test against Pakistan. Last wicket made 0 or 1 run. Purely from the memory i can't think past Jayasuriya.