Which cricketer terrorized you the most as a fan?

MechEng

Yes, there is always that one cricketer whom you want to never score runs or take wickets and gave you anxiety when they were batting/bowling in flow.

I have been following cricket since 1997-98, and the cricketer that made me most uncomfortable was Ricky Ponting.

Yes, we all remember that 140 in the World Cup finals, but more than that I also feared him whenever I supported sides like NZ, WI, SL playing the decider game in an ODI series against Australia. 

You knew it, once set, he won games, big games. His contemporaries like Gilchrist, Hayden, Warne, McGrath, Symonds, Akhtar, Inzamam, Lara and other greats from the 90s never gave me the same kind of anxiety. Even the present generation cricketers like Stokes, AB D, Steve Smith, Steyn, Root or Broad don't have that sort of impact on me.

So who was that one cricketer whom you feared the most and wanted him to fail badly everytime?

Edited by MechEng
3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Sanath Jayasuriya tops the list. Even as a washed up buddha he scored a matchwinning 100 in the 2008 Asia Cup final. That too was a brutal knock. 

Jayasuriya over Steve Smith, Ponting, McGrath, Hayden, Gilchrist, Akhtar, Akram, Ambrose, Donald as well?

Edited by MechEng

All mentioned names are past cricketers. Why dig up old wounds? I will go with fresh ones.

Travis Head. Ruined two finals for us.

Steve Smith - the name is enough

Cummins - ditto

Lyon - hurls grenades on day five

Kane Anchorson - perpetual thorn 

Daryl Mitchell - ditto

Clouderson - will he ever retire?

Maybe it's a weaker era now, because just the Paxtan team of yesteryear had an assortment of nightmare players against us - Miandad, Anwar, Salim Malik, Ijaz Ahmed, Akram, Saqlain Mushtaq, Aqib Javed, Afridi, Chukhtar, Chukaib,Younis Khan etc.