England squad for tests vs India in 2024 - 2 young spinners

AKane

England squad: Ben Stokes (captain), Rehan Ahmed, James Anderson, Gus Atkinson, Jonny Bairstow (wicketkeeper), Shoaib Bashir, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ben Foakes, Tom Hartley, Jack Leach, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Mark Wood.

2 spinners Rehan Ahmed and Shoaib Bashir are 19 and 20 years old. They go with Jack Leach and Tom Hartley(age 24).

England will need 3 spinners in each game to go on the "tailored" pitches in India.

Edited by AKane

Have you noticed, despite the Indian diaspora in the UK esp hindus to be very huge, 99% of non white cricketers who are called up for England are pakistani muslim or sikhs. I think the last British Hindu cricketers to play for England I know were Samit Patel, Owaish Shah

Indians in the UK are fanatical about cricket but they are not preferred to play for England over other minorities. Some people might think im clutching at straws but it is interesting that an international team of a country isnt made up of people who play the sport in great numbers ( like Black players in France team) and they pick brit Pakistani cricketers as token minority players but still have overwhelmingly private school educated white players

7 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Have you noticed, despite the Indian diaspora in the UK esp hindus to be very huge, 99% of non white cricketers who are called up for England are pakistani muslim or sikhs. I think the last British Hindu cricketers to play for England I know were Samit Patel, Owaish Shah

Indians in the UK are fanatical about cricket but they are not preferred to play for England over other minorities. Some people might think im clutching at straws but it is interesting that an international team of a country isnt made up of people who play the sport in great numbers ( like Black players in France team) and they pick brit Pakistani cricketers as token minority players but still have overwhelmingly private school educated white players

I just think it might be the case of the middle/upper class Indian boys preferring to do the usual rote Indian style education to become glorified clerks.

PS - I am glorified clerk too. Have wasted all my education/life too.

Edited by AKane
37 minutes ago, AKane said:

Lot of bowlers in the team

Spinners - Leach, Hartley, Rehan, Bashir.

Pace bowlers - Anderson, Robinson, Wood, Atkinson

Part timers - Root, Stokes

Will be our hardest test series I feel. 

We should win 3-1. 

England are capable of surprising us. Also we don't have pant. We will keep playing old useless players.

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Maybe Indians aren't talented enough. See we all know that India is the least talented cricket nation in the world after Bangladesh. Maybe even the Indians settled overseas are useless, in countries like Hong Kong, Oman, UAE etc. Pakistanis outnumber us 5:1 when it comes to representation in the national cricket teams. 

Same true for all sports....I see East Asians, North African immigrants representing other countries in Olympics and even winning medals. Where are the Indians in sports?

34 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Maybe Indians aren't talented enough. See we all know that India is the least talented cricket nation in the world after Bangladesh. Maybe even the Indians settled overseas are useless, in countries like Hong Kong, Oman, UAE etc. Pakistanis outnumber us 5:1 when it comes to representation in the national cricket teams. 

Same true for all sports....I see East Asians, North African immigrants representing other countries in Olympics and even winning medals. Where are the Indians in sports?

Punjab / Haryana are most sporty regions in India...  And immigrants from these areas mostly pick up lower level jobs or driving cabs,  trucks & stuff.  

Gujjus won't play sports lol...   South Indians are strictly study based. 

Though in case of Gujjus Nasser Hussain & Haseeb Hameed come to mind lol...  Hameed is such a massive disappointment.

Tanveer Sangha is next big one for Australia...  Roots in Jalandhar from a jatt family.  There was Gurinder Sandhu as well.   Both their fathers are taxi drivers. 

Aryan Dutt for Dutch as well. 

Jason Sangha was Captain of Aussie U19 side which lost to Prithvi Shaw & Gill batch in final in 2018.

Edited by Lone Wolf
1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Punjab / Haryana are most sporty regions in India...  And immigrants from these areas mostly pick up lower level jobs or driving cabs,  trucks & stuff.  

Gujjus won't play sports lol...   South Indians are strictly study based. 

Though in case of Gujjus Nasser Hussain & Haseeb Hameed come to mind lol...  Hameed is such a massive disappointment.

Tanveer Sangha is next big one for Australia...  Roots in Jalandhar from a jatt family.  There was Gurinder Sandhu as well.   Both their fathers are taxi drivers. 

Aryan Dutt for Dutch as well. 

Jason Sangha was Captain of Aussie U19 side which lost to Prithvi Shaw & Gill batch in final in 2018.

What you are saying applies to physical sports like wrestling, boxing, hockey, weightlifting etc. Cricket isn't physically demanding except fast bowling (genuine pace, not Boobie bhaiyya type).

Even the few successful Indian origin payers abroad aren't from Punjab, Haryana. Chanderpaul has roots in Bihar, Kallicharan in Madras, others like Kahnai and Sarwan from Central India (biggest source of indentured labor in British times, to South Africa/Fiji/Mauritius/Caribbean) I'm sure. Amla is a Gujju (from Surat), Nasser Hussain is related to Nawab of Arcot (Chepauk) IIRC. Mostly skill based players, batsmen, spinners....many of them country greats. Best overseas Indian origin player in recent times is Kannadiga Rachin and he looks more like a Dravid or Laxman.

Anyway I don't believe in the Punjab/Haryana dominance in cricket....even among South Asians look at puny Sri Lanka and what they have achieved. Yes in Olympic sports we all rely on Haryanvis, respect and gratitude to them for that.

Edited by Gollum

India should not even lose a single test match.. if we prepare spinning tracks we should hammer them. The team high on bazball dope will crumble if there is even a small amount of spin. Its absolutely impossible to line up jadeja ball after ball and hammer him. He ll be unplayable if it spins more.. only way we will lose is If the pitch becomes abrasive and it reverses.. and if india gets overconfident.. we bat till 9 with Patel.. 3-0.. Lyon is a far better bowler.. and rehan ahmed if he gets thwacked in first few overs will go for plenty.. Ishan Kishan should play..

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

In wrestling there is amar design. Canadian. Very good wrestler. Was top 5 in 2022. Dint medal though. Super heavyweight. 

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

India should not even lose a single test match.. if we prepare spinning tracks we should hammer them. The team high on bazball dope will crumble if there is even a small amount of spin. Its absolutely impossible to line up jadeja ball after ball and hammer him. He ll be unplayable if it spins more.. only way we will lose is If the pitch becomes abrasive and it reverses.. and if india gets overconfident.. we bat till 9 with Patel.. 3-0.. Lyon is a far better bowler.. and rehan ahmed if he gets thwacked in first few overs will go for plenty.. Ishan Kishan should play..

Would love a 5 0 drubbing. I think I see us winning but all depends on selections. If we do our usual bs with selections we can very easily even lose 2 or 3 games. 

I see india winnig 3 1 with one draw due to rain.

26 minutes ago, harpicP said:

Would love a 5 0 drubbing. I think I see us winning but all depends on selections. If we do our usual bs with selections we can very easily even lose 2 or 3 games. 

I see india winnig 3 1 with one draw due to rain.

These guys can play in subcontinent - they won 3-0 in Pak and 2-0 in SL(2020/21).

Its a 5 match series so they will have time to adjust. Played largely in Jan and Feb, the weather will be pleasant. Lets see what happens....

13 minutes ago, AKane said:

These guys can play in subcontinent - they won 3-0 in Pak and 2-0 in SL(2020/21).

Its a 5 match series so they will have time to adjust. Played largely in Jan and Feb, the weather will be pleasant. Lets see what happens....

Yea india in India is another story. 

1 hour ago, harpicP said:

Yea india in India is another story. 

Oh it is - it was with Aus too. After 2-0 and then the defeat.... a road was made because  everyone from BCCI to Dravid to players  was afraid to play the 4th test on a fair pitch that could yield a result. It worked then, a dull draw and 2-1 series win.

That wrote the book on the trick to win vs Aus. Mess with the pitch instead of a fair pitch.

They tried it again in the WC final .... but unfortunately this time the scheme boomeranged.

1 hour ago, AKane said:

Oh it is - it was with Aus too. After 2-0 and then the defeat.... a road was made because  everyone from BCCI to Dravid to players  was afraid to play the 4th test on a fair pitch that could yield a result. It worked then, a dull draw and 2-1 series win.

That wrote the book on the trick to win vs Aus. Mess with the pitch instead of a fair pitch.

They tried it again in the WC final .... but unfortunately this time the scheme boomeranged.

Yea it's a lottery 

Aussies tried that crao with us in 2018 and 2021 as well. Second test in Melbourne. They made it spicy. It backfired hard.

That's what happens

But in India we may loss the odd one on a super turning track but we will always come back hard. Monster of a team in Asian conditions for test cricket. However, I want all of them gone. All useless limp mentally weak players like Rahul, rahane, pujara, Sky, even kohli now in tests and t20 should all be removed. I want to see a complete overhaul. We have the capability to smash any team in Asian conditions easy. I mean we have dominated for a long time in India but we can't get complacent. 

And the only reason India aus was close was cause pant dint even play. Neither did they pick our better players in Asian conditions like ishan, rinku etc. We played sky and crap. 

52 minutes ago, harpicP said:

But in India we may loss the odd one on a super turning track but we will always come back hard.

But we did not come back hard. We got scared and made a road.

53 minutes ago, harpicP said:

And the only reason India aus was close was cause pant dint even play. Neither did they pick our better players in Asian conditions like ishan, rinku etc. We played sky and crap. 

Hmm .... ok. Pant did not matter as we won the series 2-1. As for Ishan and Rinku in the WC - sounds like excuses but whatever.

This Rinku has become a player of mythical status/abilities - an amalgam of Maxwell and Miller and Head and Klaasen and all the devastating players in the past and present put together. Well we will see how he does in the T20 WC. 

1 hour ago, AKane said:

But we did not come back hard. We got scared and made a road.

Hmm .... ok. Pant did not matter as we won the series 2-1. As for Ishan and Rinku in the WC - sounds like excuses but whatever.

This Rinku has become a player of mythical status/abilities - an amalgam of Maxwell and Miller and Head and Klaasen and all the devastating players in the past and present put together. Well we will see how he does in the T20 WC. 

Was talking about tests man. The series we won in India. If pant played along with rinku and ishan we would have most likely won 3 0. 

Aussies do the same. They tried to prepare a spicy pitch after they won the first game in 2021. Back fired hard. 

But anyways point is, india needs to get rid of nepotism which they won't. So let's not waste time with these idiots. Just watch the game if we can and then move on. 

Bcci reminds me of telugu movie industry. People talk about how Bollywood is dominated by the khan's etc. Telugu movie industry is much much worse. Literally dominated by 2 or 3 main families. All of them helping their children advance their careers through nepotism and connections. Sad state of affairs. Players who deserve to play for India are dropped similarly for useless players who either over stay due to star power, or get picked due to political links.