Saim Ayub Thread

A very iffy start to his test career. 

But I like Saim Ayub considering he plays pace well which is unlike other Pakistan batters. 

Have been following him in FC and PSL. He was given a test debut after a double ton in QEA Final. 

Left handers are always exciting and pleasing to watch in cricket anyways, thoughts? 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Has he done anything special at under-19 level? Another umran akmal in the making? Atleast he started  his test career well.

Didnt follow his u19/u16 but I think he captauned either u19 or u16

1 hour ago, MediumPacer said:

looks good ,but has to make those adjustments outside asia.

He is good with pull shot, so should enjoy wickets with bounce and pace.

Surprisingly, he has also been good in slow west indies wickets where he scored alot of runs during CPL.

55 minutes ago, cricketfan28 said:

the quicker he quits psl the better.

I think ODIs will be his best format. He also scored 179 recently in List A. 

Would like to see him get extended run as he as already scored heavily in domestic FC+List A alongside PSL/CPL

His runs are also impactful unlike someone such as Imam. 

18 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

He is good with pull shot, so should enjoy wickets with bounce and pace.

Surprisingly, he has also been good in slow west indies wickets where he scored alot of runs during CPL.

off stump game has to be immaculate

Give him a couple of years and then we will see. The problem with Pakistan is that couple of failures and they drop player. Give a person 8-10 test and then decide. 

If India selected like pakistan then there was no way Iyer would have been in squad for SA let alone in playing XI. 

Edited by jf1gp_1
15 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Didnt follow his u19/u16 but I think he captauned either u19 or u16

Reason i am asking is Pakistan has done very poorly in the last 3 or 4 U-19 world cup. I can't think of one guy who set U19 world cup ablaze.   Also never judge a talent based on shots. Pant despite having aggressive mindset has a solid defense to go with.  Watch Sundar's debut match at Gabba. He was looking regal. He was also 21 then. made 62 & 24 both played a vital role in winning the match.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Reason i am asking is Pakistan has done very poorly in the last 3 or 4 U-19 world cup. I can't think of one guy who set U19 world cup ablaze.   Also never judge a talent based on shots. Pant despite having aggressive mindset has a solid defense to go with.  Watch Sundar's debut match at Gabba. He was looking regal. He was also 21 then. made 62 & 24 both played a vital role in winning the match.

Sundar has decent batting support around. 

This guy got out to Hazelwood after his partner Shafique got out poking in first over. In second innings, he was our highest scorer in a paltry score.

Having shot array is important. When you look at a player like Imam who has no shots at all.

What I would suggest pakistani fans is not to hype him. Let him play. Twitter is now awash with Saim Ayub Babar comparison and what not. If you read Kl rahuls interview he clearly says social media does impact players.whatever you may say outside with a smartphone in your hand and 5 g connection and time to spend you ll definitely be checking out whats being written about you. Heck its human nature.. if Saim gets hyped like babar he will be trolled once he fails in two three innings. One good thing about Jaiswal I have seen is hype hasnt been that much.. also the failures in saf will hold jaiswal in good stead after his debut century in west indies.. end of day Saim will no doubt score against alzarri Joseph at karachi or against shoriful islam in dhaka or against dhananjaya de silva in galle.. what will make a player out of him is when he faces rabada at wanderers, anderson ollie robinson on a cold wet morning in nottingham  boult on a green mamba in wellington..

5 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Sundar has decent batting support around. 

This guy got out to Hazelwood after his partner Shafique got out poking in first over. In second innings, he was our highest scorer in a paltry score.

Having shot array is important. When you look at a player like Imam who has no shots at all.

Sky has more shots than the most. That doesn't work everywhere.  This is exactly how Umar Akmal was hyped for attacking SHane bond. In Tests sometimes not having enough shots is also good like Pujara who scored 500 plus runs in Aussie land with 3 centuries. Imam is  a strokeless wonder. But if he can stick around for long period seeing off new ball that is more than enough most of the time in SENA, That is pretty much what Murali vijay did in one of his successful season in SENA.

6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Sky has more shots than the most. That doesn't work everywhere.  This is exactly how Umar Akmal was hyped for attacking SHane bond. In Tests sometimes not having enough shots is also good like Pujara who scored 500 plus runs in Aussie land with 3 centuries. Imam is  a strokeless wonder. But if he can stick around for long period seeing off new ball that is more than enough most of the time in SENA, That is pretty much what Murali vijay did in one of his successful season in SENA.

Unpopular opinion and you are right i find imam more compact. He does not have a range of shots like babar and gets unfairly trolled but the innings he played in perth babar can only dream of.