NZ beat Pak (4-1) in the 5 match T20 series

6 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

I swear we never should have dropped Imad Wasim. Haven't produced a decent shorter format spinner since.

Why was he dropped.. he is always in youtube shows with this Mohammed Amer and Abdul Razzak.. Actually the host is funny btw

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Babar is one the biggest culprits here. He stymied the momentum in the PP and only later pulled his strike rate up 

This is what Kohli will do in the World T20

We should get in Haseebullah for this mottu pappa's boy. 

Whatever you say about their team, they have, yet again, backed guys who were their best performers in their T20 league. 

Ihsanullah, Abbas Afridi, Usama Mir, Saim Ayub, even Azam.

Whether they'll all amount to something significant or not is another matter. 

45 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Whatever you say about their team, they have, yet again, backed guys who were their best performers in their T20 league. 

Saim Ayub is also a proven domestic performer.

I like Haseebullah as well, he bats a bit like ben stokes and hits the ball very well. 

45 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

Saim Ayub is also a proven domestic performer.

I like Haseebullah as well, he bats a bit like ben stokes and hits the ball very well. 

Haven't seen him. I thought Mohammad Haris should have been selected.  I don't rate Wahab or Hafeez. Both seem really thick. 

6 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Haven't seen him. I thought Mohammad Haris should have been selected.  I don't rate Wahab or Hafeez. Both seem really thick. 

I like Wahab Riaz. 

He has made some good selection calls. I think Khurram Shehzad and Aamir Jamal were very good test selections despite not being "fancy enough"

Similarly, I don't think any other guy would have selected Haseebullah. 

4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Trent Boult no longer plays for Kiwis? I see him in every random league around the world trolling around.

Yes, this is kind of template NZ players are following they are now giving  themselves 2/3 years in leagues cricket when you are still in prime.

And hopefully later find some kind of coaching jobs in those leagues. A good retirement plan.

Many other cricketer will also follow this pattern soon, heard that IPL teams reached out to some Eng. players to give-up intnl cricket and play league for huge sums.

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

V.good intent from selectors. Giving chances to their top performers when they are actually preforming.

Abbas Afridi seems to have t20 bowling variations.

What are your thoughts on Babar's innings- He finished with SR of 160+. 

But he was not setting up to chase down a 220 total, he was 42 runs off 30 balls at one time, with such total both the batters have to hit otherwise you are asking the other batter to go all-out hitting with every ball they are facing.

Many Ind player also do that they end-up getting decent scores for themselves but that does not meet teams requirements. This is v.evident in IPL with Ind superstars.

In todays time in white-ball most of the batters would be v.happy to take the accumulator's role and get a boundary here or there.

4 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Abbas Afridi has nice back of the hand slower ball...  Bit like Mohit Sharma this guy. 

Could be handy on those slow low US/WI decks...  Inspired selection for sure. 

I'll take Hafeez & Wahab over Agarkar Dravid as CS & director any day of the week. 

23 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Abbas Afridi has nice back of the hand slower ball...  Bit like Mohit Sharma this guy. 

Could be handy on those slow low US/WI decks...  Inspired selection for sure. 

I'll take Hafeez & Wahab over Agarkar Dravid as CS & director any day of the week. 

Exactly. 

Wahab is doing an awesome job for a CS. 

11 hours ago, tapandrun said:

What are your thoughts on Babar's innings- He finished with SR of 160+. 

But he was not setting up to chase down a 220 total, he was 42 runs off 30 balls at one time, with such total both the batters have to hit otherwise you are asking the other batter to go all-out hitting with every ball they are facing.

Many Ind player also do that they end-up getting decent scores for themselves but that does not meet teams requirements. This is v.evident in IPL with Ind superstars.

In todays time in white-ball most of the batters would be v.happy to take the accumulator's role and get a boundary here or there.

he is down now so did well reasonably but he is fit for dew bhai pitches.