India vs Afghanistan, 2nd T20I - Indore, 14 Jan

4 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

India don't believe in challenging themselves, the current TM knows that they aren't going to win any major tournaments..hence they try to milk it as much as they can by playing safe.

When Rohit & Kohli didn't play T20Is for more than one year, there was no need to bring them back against Afghanistan of all teams that too at home. Those 2 positions could have gone to Gill, Tilak or Samson. Considering the fact that Gill Jaiswal is likely to be our opening pair for the future.

Great post.

Whats even more frustrating is that you can bet we have injury or two and bring in a player that has lacked any recent experience. We have done this almost in every recent WC tournament.

I mean there is absolute zero benefit of playing Hitman and Kohli in this T20 series.

Lets be brutally honest, this was a stat padding opportunity for both of them. Regardless of how badly they play, they will both be the first picked for the WC. So might as well have tried a few bench players in this series instead.

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Abey tulley unadkat dont club Ashdeep with trundler koomar what is his er in t20 9.5 . Umran is not in t20 coz lodu dravid is trundler sympathized along with uour state nincompoop Nepo kid fatty shah. Thats why you also got a test match after 12 years. Abhi ye trundlers cockroach ki tarah phir se bahar nikal aaye hai, soon they will be kicked out mookesh will be thrown out like you and will be joining icf soon like you.

Ur funny but wrong 

Mukesh already won Incia a test in SA including taking out the most imp wicket of Elgar.

Mukesh can retire today and still would end up with a better career than Prasidh, saini, umran, kuldeep sen

Edited by Jaydev_Unadkat
47 minutes ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

Ur funny but wrong 

Mukesh already won Incia a test in SA including taking out the most imp wicket of Elgar.

Mukesh can retire today and still would end up with a better career than Prasidh, saini, umran, kuldeep sen

Lol winning second test. Swcond test ws won by Siraj and Bumrah. Mukesh looked better due to pitch. Let first Umran and Kuldeep sen get a chance. BTW i am in love with all young quick prospect they may fail and go out. But its better to fail with houng quick than malnourished trundler like Mookesh, yourself , Bhukhi and Shukhi kind of embarrassment.

8 hours ago, raki05 said:

I asked to open a thread on Mukesh kutai juts like you opened for PK. All useless bowler should be equally thrashed. Its the same hypocrisy which i called out during test series that you opened a thread soon on Pk (not that i adore him like you have for trundlers) but this jhantu mookes getting thrashed with 10 er in all matches played so far and no thread dedicated on this trundler.

That doesnt make any sense. :facepalm:
No one here actually rated or hyped up Mukesh 

where as prasid Krishna was hyped to moon as next gillespie and how management is stupid not to play him:phehe:

hence the thread on an overhyped good for nothing bowler was created.

why would I create one on mukesh?? Nobody took him serious anyway!

its pretty clear your are letting emotions come in the way of clear thinking!

Edited by Jaydev_Unadkat
6 hours ago, raki05 said:

Lol winning second test. Swcond test ws won by Siraj and Bumrah. Mukesh looked better due to pitch. Let first Umran and Kuldeep sen get a chance. BTW i am in love with all young quick prospect they may fail and go out. But its better to fail with houng quick than malnourished trundler like Mookesh, yourself , Bhukhi and Shukhi kind of embarrassment.

Bhuv Kumar is a better test bowler than anyone not named Bumrah and Shami

Umran got enough chances and showed he is nothing more than a midget bowling machine who cant bowl 2 balls at the same area- Exonomy rate of 12:yousuck:

he will not even get to the sheffield shield sides in Aus lmao

Why would he get chances in tests? Do you know what his FC avg is?? Charity business nahi hai international cricket that every random tukka bowler bowling 143 kph gets selected

Edited by Jaydev_Unadkat
22 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

Rohit is mentally done. He blew away the golden chance to win the WC. Should have retired after that. Completely screwed up with captaincy in the WC Final. All these meaningless games will screw India further. He wants to make an impact by scoring a 1 ball 100. Doesn't work like that dude. It's still a game of cricket. Him captaining Ind again in the WC would be a disaster not that i care. 

Not only mentally but also physically shot. Sharma is only hanging around to make some macho selfish point after having blown the WC final. Best move would have been for the management to go in a fresh direction with new faces/thinking but they are too cowardly to make the hard rational deciosons and keepin on sticking with the same old despite over a decade of tournament failure.

8 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Can someone please explain to me the madness of Indian Cricket?

A meaningless, irrelevant, insignificant, useless bilateral series and India elect to chase against an absolute minnow side, when the conditions are best for batting in home conditions later in the evening.

Given India's penchant for choking in big WC finals, wouldnt it be prudent to be placed in the worst case scenario against a minnow side for good practice for the WC?

Meaning India should have batted first?

Dravid and Sharma say hi. The most useless and overpaid combo in world sport. Have no interest in improving or challenging themselves.

Can't win anything even in such a shallow sport as cricket which has literally two other good teams.

1 hour ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

Bhuv Kumar is a better test bowler than anyone not named Bumrah and Shami

Umran got enough chances and showed he is nothing more than a midget bowling machine who cant bowl 2 balls at the same area- Exonomy rate of 12:yousuck:

he will not even get to the sheffield shield sides in Aus lmao

Why would he get chances in tests? Do you know what his FC avg is?? Charity business nahi hai international cricket that every random tukka bowler bowling 143 kph gets selected

Are you nutts undakat… where did i say Umran should get chance in test. Umran gets limited chance where he performed well in few matches against nz . He was discarded fast enough for trundler brigades as soon as ghonchu Dravid came. PK only got chance due to his KA connection with Dravid otherwise only trundlers can flourish under dravid even you hot chance under him after 10 years.

That doesnt make any sense. :facepalm:
No one here actually rated or hyped up Mukesh 

Lie no 1...Mukesh Kumar was so much overhyped that a thread was created in his appraise even before he did something useful. Go and search for "Kankar Kund express thread"

where as prasid Krishna was hyped to moon as next gillespie and how management is stupid not to play him:phehe:

Lie no 2..no one called Prasidh Krishna next Gillespie, show me the post where it has been said. 

why would I create one on mukesh?? Nobody took him serious anyway!

Lie no 3...there is thread already on his appreciation in this forum

Umran Malik has better average than Mukesh Kumar in both ODI & T20...average is the first parameter checked for any bowler...so your hypocrisy is not going to work here.

Now you're binging in his test stats despite knowing the fact that he hasn't played tests. Why don't you talk about the test stats of the legendary trundler whose DP you have set it up..? 

9 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Lie no 1...Mukesh Kumar was so much overhyped that a thread was created in his appraise even before he did something useful. Go and search for "Kankar Kund express thread"

Lie no 2..no one called Prasidh Krishna next Gillespie, show me the post where it has been said. 

Lie no 3...there is thread already on his appreciation in this forum

You are so naive. Dude that thread was created by @Ravi_Shastri A master troll

2 minutes ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

You are so naive. Dude that thread was created by @Ravi_Shastri A master troll

Sir, kindly work on your comprehension skills, where did I wrote that "you" created that thread.

I just corrected you where you mentioned that no one hyped Mukesh Kumar ever, which was a lie. 

53 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Are you nutts undakat… where did i say Umran should get chance in test. Umran gets limited chance where he performed well in few matches against nz . He was discarded fast enough for trundler brigades as soon as ghonchu Dravid came. PK only got chance due to his KA connection with Dravid otherwise only trundlers can flourish under dravid even you hot chance under him after 10 years.

The word trundlers itself is disrespectful. I would take bowlers like Pollock, Mcgrath, Walsh in my team ahead of Hayward, Tait , Ferguson and even Lee.

I ma not saying bowling fast is a Sin. It is a very good trait, however people her have the tendency to hype up every tom dick and harry just coz they bowled 142 kph in the nets on their Instagram video. 

Bowlers like Umran malik are bang average and it doesn't matter even if they bowl 160 kph as they will be smashed into smithereens by any intnl batters. But you will see excuses after excuses piling up for these trash bowlers coz apparently they are glamorous. You can already see the painstaking attempt from the fast bowling bio mechanics of ICF to blame Prasidh **** skills to his "injury"

On the other hand skilfull bowlers get laughed and mocked at even before they make their debut - just coz apparently they bowl 135 kph. 

2 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Sir, kindly work on your comprehension skills, where did I wrote that "you" created that thread.

I just corrected you where you mentioned that no one hyped Mukesh Kumar ever, which was a lie. 

Yes one person hyped him up that too as a troll attempt at the "pace lovers". See my above post - reply to Raki

15 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Umran Malik has better average than Mukesh Kumar in both ODI & T20...average is the first parameter checked for any bowler...so your hypocrisy is not going to work here.

Now you're binging in his test stats despite knowing the fact that he hasn't played tests. Why don't you talk about the test stats of the legendary trundler whose DP you have set it up..? 

even if you average 10, (umran avgs 22 which is again bang avg in t20i) if you concede runs at 11 per over, you should not be playing t20 intnl cricket. Umran doesnt have any concept of lien or length. The guy bowls short when third man and fine leg is up...bowls full when mid on mid off is up and just bowls that poor in between length which doesn't even threaten anyone coz he is too short.

Edited by Jaydev_Unadkat
10 hours ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

The word trundlers itself is disrespectful. I would take bowlers like Pollock, Mcgrath, Walsh in my team ahead of Hayward, Tait , Ferguson and even Lee.

I ma not saying bowling fast is a Sin. It is a very good trait, however people her have the tendency to hype up every tom dick and harry just coz they bowled 142 kph in the nets on their Instagram video. 

Bowlers like Umran malik are bang average and it doesn't matter even if they bowl 160 kph as they will be smashed into smithereens by any intnl batters. But you will see excuses after excuses piling up for these trash bowlers coz apparently they are glamorous. You can already see the painstaking attempt from the fast bowling bio mechanics of ICF to blame Prasidh **** skills to his "injury"

On the other hand skilfull bowlers get laughed and mocked at even before they make their debut - just coz apparently they bowl 135 kph. 

Do you see the irony, look at your other thead title. As per your other thread title all mediam pacer have better brain and are more accurate. Can you prove it? Do you think any of the trundler in our history have better accuracy and brains than bumrah and Shami. Another lie is Mcgrath was trundler, when he started he was hitting above 140 same goes with pollack the other advantage which they had was they were tall and had more bounce and swing than any of our mediocre trundlers. You cant win a test mtch bowling 120-130 in test match it may work on green mambas but on 5 day pitches in Asia or Aus trundlers will be treated like garbage. Have you forgetten  the kuttai of most successful domestic trundler vinnie koomar by warner in aus. Trundlers are good for nothing history also suggest that.

Edited by raki05
2 minutes ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

I would take bowlers like Pollock, Mcgrath, Walsh in my team ahead of Hayward, Tait , Ferguson and even Lee

Agree on this point, but just like Pollock, McGrath & Walsh...even fast bowlers like Donald, Steyn, Waqar, Ambrose, Bond, Marshall, Holding were fast & top class bowlers..so what matters is the combination of skill & pace. There is a reason why legendary bowlers like Akram & Holding always mention to pick a bowler who has pace first & then work on his skills.

If pacers like Hayward, Tait etc were mediocre...so are trundlers like Chris Harris, Daryl Tuffey, Alan Mullaly, Heath Davis, Rao Iftikhar. Pace or Lack of pace has no relation to a bowlers success, its just a raw ingredient..that's it.

6 minutes ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

People hype because they see a hope that someday we will also get our "Steyn", "Waqar", "Bond" or "Marshall" from such pacers. Not sure about you, but I always love the quick and fiery pacers hitting the heads of batters and scaring them.

12 minutes ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

No one does that..

@express bowling always talks about the utility of Unadkut, whom I dislike. You can go & search the speed thread and you will find his messages there.

For me, I always want Deepak Chahar to succeed, more than Shardul or Bhuvi, have mentioned in my posts as well many times, its a different thing that he is too idiot to remain fit.

135kph is the bare minimum pace criteria, if you're bowling under it, then a bowler should either be exceptionally skillful, or must have a secondary skill. Likes of Pollock, Woakes, Chahar has that secondary skill...Philander, Vaas & Richard Hadlee were exceptionally skillful.

McGrath was 135+ most of the time in 2003 WC and it's only in 2007 WC he was bowling in late 120's & early 130's...

23 minutes ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

even if you average 10, (umran avgs 22 which is again bang avg in t20i) if you concede runs at 11 per over, you should not be playing t20 intnl cricket. Umran doesnt have any concept of lien or length. The guy bowls short when third man and fine leg is up...bowls full when mid on mid off is up and just bowls that poor in between length which doesn't even threaten anyone coz he is too short.

Hypothetical scenario on stats of Umran & Mukesh 

On a 5 match T20 series

1. Bowler avg 22 & Economy 11 will give 220 runs & pickup 10 wickets

2. Bowler avg 30 & Economy of 9.2 will give ~180 runs & will pickup 6 wickets

Also, FYI..remove Umran's performance vs Ireland & both his avg & ER will improve. It was his first outing where he was massively scared & awed by the situation..can happen to anyone.

Edited by singhvivek141
18 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Agree on this point, but just like Pollock, McGrath & Walsh...even fast bowlers like Donald, Steyn, Waqar, Ambrose, Bond, Marshall, Holding were fast & top class bowlers..so what matters is the combination of skill & pace. There is a reason why legendary bowlers like Akram & Holding always mention to pick a bowler who has pace first & then work on his skills.

If pacers like Hayward, Tait etc were mediocre...so are trundlers like Chris Harris, Daryl Tuffey, Alan Mullaly, Heath Davis, Rao Iftikhar. Pace or Lack of pace has no relation to a bowlers success, its just a raw ingredient..that's it.

People hype because they see a hope that someday we will also get our "Steyn", "Waqar", "Bond" or "Marshall" from such pacers. Not sure about you, but I always love the quick and fiery pacers hitting the heads of batters and scaring them.

No one does that..

@express bowling always talks about the utility of Unadkut, whom I dislike. You can go & search the speed thread and you will find his messages there.

For me, I always want Deepak Chahar to succeed, more than Shardul or Bhuvi, have mentioned in my posts as well many times, its a different thing that he is too idiot to remain fit.

135kph is the bare minimum pace criteria, if you're bowling under it, then a bowler should either be exceptionally skillful, or must have a secondary skill. Likes of Pollock, Woakes, Chahar has that secondary skill...Philander, Vaas & Richard Hadlee were exceptionally skillful.

McGrath was 135+ most of the time in 2003 WC and it's only in 2007 WC he was bowling in late 120's & early 130's...

Mcgratj from when he debuted in mid 90s to 2004 was 130 to 142 on average. Never express but easily fast medium. Average speed would be 135 to 137. 

After 2004 to 2007 is when his pace dipped to 131 132 and then he started bowling between 127 to 135.

Edited by harpicP

For me it's simple. 

If you bowl 135 to 145 or higher with skills like either ability to bounce players out, bowl consistent lengths to generate bounce of good lengths or you can seam the ball both ways then it's an automatic entry to number 10 and 11 position. Possibly number 9. 

If you lack pace, under 135, so around 127 to 136 range that's fine as long as you have a secondary skill like batting ability to hit 15 to 25 runs. That way you can play as number 8 and even number 7 depending on conditions. 

If you want to be part of the premier bowler quota then I would expect to see steep bounce or the ability to be extremely accurate and relentless in addition to having the ability to move the ball if you are going to be operating below 136. That's the entry ticket to number 9 spot. 

And absolute no to wayward erratic quicks too. Need to move the ball or have the ability to bounce and intimidate batsmen. 

So for umran if he can't bounce out players with his pace or move the ball a bit then ta ta bye bye

Edited by harpicP