Shout out to Jadeja (tests)

Man what a test career he is having. Stats of absoulte ATG’s in game. By the time he retires, i would think 40+ batting average, 24 @ 350+ wickets. And the fielding wise…def. Would be right up there with the GOAT’s.

i do get irritated sometimes with him but absolute legend and in sub continent top 3 GOAT.

Jaddu is the kind of guy people love to hate but over time, he wins over everyone.

Some players look like potential ATGs when they debut.

Some achieve it through constant improvements.

Jaddu is of the latter category.

Reminds me of Sanga.

People kept denying he was an ATG but by the end, even his staunchest critics accepted that he was indeed an ATG.

26 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Jaddu is the kind of guy people love to hate but over time, he wins over everyone.

Some players look like potential ATGs when they debut.

Some achieve it through constant improvements.

Jaddu is of the latter category.

Reminds me of Sanga.

People kept denying he was an ATG but by the end, even his staunchest critics accepted that he was indeed an ATG.

yes, Sanga remade himself into an ATG, as didJaddu.

19 hours ago, Majestic said:

I would say he is a Stuart Broad level bowler and Shastri level batsman. Is that a fair analysis of Jadeja's calibre as a cricketer? Happy to be proven wrong.

He is around a jason gillespie level bowler and a du plessis level batsman. 

20 hours ago, Majestic said:

I would say he is a Stuart Broad level bowler and Shastri level batsman. Is that a fair analysis of Jadeja's calibre as a cricketer? Happy to be proven wrong.

he's more than shastri as a batter in terms of shot making, less than shastri in grit (don't forget ravibot had 40+ batting avg as opener)

4 hours ago, Kron said:

He is around a jason gillespie level bowler and a du plessis level batsman. 

Where did you come up with Gillespie analogy?

I said Broad because Broad is also great at home and other like to like conditions like South Africa or New Zealand but poor in Asia. In favourable conditions, both Broad and Jadeja are capable of running through the sides.

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

he's more than shastri as a batter in terms of shot making, less than shastri in grit (don't forget ravibot had 40+ batting avg as opener)

It's quite obvious given the era they played. Shastri has a good record as opener, yes.

6 hours ago, Majestic said:

It's quite obvious given the era they played. Shastri has a good record as opener, yes.

I don't think jaddu has the temperament to pull off 40+ batting avg as opener in the 80s and 90s, so I would still place him above jadeja in batting