BCCI considering hike in test match player fees

16 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I completely agree with you- unless BCCI and TM tighten up selections for Tests based on Ranji and ODIs based on 50 over domestics rather than picking IPL players based on that performances you cannot overcome this behaviour. Its because players know that all they need to do is have a good IPL season and they have more chance of getting picked for India than toiling in domestics which is enabled by BCCI. So im blaming both parties here

Ashwin was picked based on his IPL exploits. How did it turn out.SKY was again picked based on his IPL and T20 exploits.It flopped.

You will have plus and minus in everything.Mind you both of them did play decent amount of FC.David Warner did not play a single FC game before he got selected to Australian team , how did it work out for Australia.

I don't think FC in India is going away anytime soon.Can it need to be given more attention answer is yes .

BCCI is paying the selectors , these bozos need to travel and watch more matches. MSK prassad and Chetan Sharma were a disgrace for national selectors.We need more selectors like Vengsarkar or Jimmy Amarnath .

One thing I blame BCCI is they have not put enough rules for selectors to make sure they watch domestic matches.

Edited by putrevus
42 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You are not understanding one thing and you are going on and on about value of test cricket

I like test cricket over any format but I  also understand players have to earn their living . I am happy for players for as IPL has given an avenue to earn money without ever needing to play for team India.

Even domestic cricketer can earn a living without ever playing for India. That was not the case before IPL.If IPL is attracting more youngsters to the game what is the harm in it.

For you it may be meaningless IPL , but for many players it is their livelyhood .

You keep blaming BCCI for doing things right.What do you expect them to do. Indian team is on top of the rankings in all formats.

Yes it is frustrating to see them not winning ICC trophy but that has got nothing to do with IPL or BCCI. The same players have been getting the teams to knockouts in all formats.

One thing I will blame BCCI is not using its power to have more favourable schedule.Why are ICC test finals still being played in England and that too early part of English summer.

They are only board who are still running all most all domestic tournaments .IPL does not interfere with any local domestic tournament.

IPL cannot replace international cricket, even BCCI knows it.

Will there be some players who will fake injuries or don't want to play FC , the answer is yes.You cannot avoid it.

Agreed with this totally. Well said. 

Bcci all they can do is try and incentivise test cricket by offering huge bonuses if players choose to represent india in tests. Add further comp if we win an away series for example. 

Anyway its like comparing epl and the world cup. The analogy is the same

Epl being ipl

World cup being tests. 

Both are important to players. 

Make your money in epl aka ipl. Be prepared for the world cup that is tests to get the fame, name recognition and brand value. 

Without test cricket cummins, stokes etc wont get paid so much.

19 hours ago, Kron said:

Peak kohlis team will have bumrah shami or umesh with peak ash jadeja etc. Zero chance for them to beat peak kohli team

Those batsmen bullied attacks on flat tracks. 

Zaheer in indian pitches will do nothing. 

They bullied everyone, every where, be it South Africa or Australia or England. They were unfazed by Pakistani bowling lineup, African bowling lineup or Aussie  bowling lineup.

Its just that India didnt had a bowling lineup to bully bats specially Aussie whitch had a ATG lineup and South African specially in pace department. Our spinners Kumble or Bhajji were allways good enough. 

Edited by mishra
20 minutes ago, mishra said:

They bullied everyone, every where, be it South Africa or Australia or England. They were unfazed by Pakistani bowling lineup, African bowling lineup or Aussie  bowling lineup.

Its just that India didnt had a bowling lineup to bully bats specially Aussie whitch had a ATG lineup and South African specially in pace department. Our spinners Kumble or Bhajji were allways good enough. 

Only on pattas. 2000 era is a joke in terms of batsmen stat padding

No drs either.

India batsmen did well in turning pitches however there was no drs. No matter what, it makes a huge difference

5 minutes ago, Kron said:

Only on pattas. 2000 era is a joke in terms of batsmen stat padding

No drs either.

India batsmen did well in turning pitches however there was no drs. No matter what, it makes a huge difference

Have you watched it. 2003 Test series in australia against Australia was one time when we had best Team in Indian cricketing History. Same lineup today with even Bhumrah type(Forget Bhumtrah, A Srinath would have done)  bowler in side would have beaten Aussies which are probably best side ever in Cricketing History (May be SObers side)

17 minutes ago, Kron said:

BCCI today didnt had same heft in 2000s. It was so bad that India Team had to complain in South Africa, Australia. Our neigbour Pakistanis were allways fined/prnalized by umps.  Asian teams had no option but to do Gandhi giri

We were consistently on recieving end of poor umpiring and poor reporting. DRS would have helped India Team. Just do a google with time search for various controversies during each of series. Poor Murali was officially declared Chicker. Sachin was accused of ball tampering, Inzi walked out of a match. If you think that was once a thing, It was historical. Our Gavaskar once decided to walk off against Aussies.

Edited by mishra
2 hours ago, mishra said:

Have you watched it. 2003 Test series in australia against Australia was one time when we had best Team in Indian cricketing History. Same lineup today with even Bhumrah type(Forget Bhumtrah, A Srinath would have done)  bowler in side would have beaten Aussies which are probably best side ever in Cricketing History (May be SObers side)

Uh no. That series mcg and warne dint play. Warne may be not as good vs india but mcg will destroy all our overrated great batsmen 

2 hours ago, mishra said:

BCCI today didnt had same heft in 2000s. It was so bad that India Team had to complain in South Africa, Australia. Our neigbour Pakistanis were allways fined/prnalized by umps.  Asian teams had no option but to do Gandhi giri

We were consistently on recieving end of poor umpiring and poor reporting. DRS would have helped India Team. Just do a google with time search for various controversies during each of series. Poor Murali was officially declared Chicker. Sachin was accused of ball tampering, Inzi walked out of a match. If you think that was once a thing, It was historical. Our Gavaskar once decided to walk off against Aussies.

True

What i can say is pairing our mid 2000 bats with our current post 2015 bowling attack would beat any team. 

2 hours ago, Kron said:

True

What i can say is pairing our mid 2000 bats with our current post 2015 bowling attack would beat any team. 

Haan. Those guys would easily score 300-400 runs on any track against any attack. Our bowlers since Bhumrah walked in have been reason for our new found success in Test Arena.

IMO, We are yet to create a Aussie ATG side or Windies ATG side where we have atleast 2+ of worlds finest bowlers 3+ of worlds finest bat playing in one team.

I think that era is not far

Edited by mishra

^^^ They were so great that is why they could not score 250 runs against Asif and co in on semi flat wicket in Karachi 2006.

What did Dravid, Laxman, Sachin and co score against Trundler like Asif . Irfan took hatrick with first threeballs only to end up on losing side.

They did not anything better in second innings either when guy like Faisal Iqbal was making merry on completely flat pitch .

Best Indian team struggled to beat worst Pakistani team during whole 2000s at home, drawing test series 1-1 and losing home odi series 4-2 to great Naved ul Haq.

Yeah but they would score 300-400 easy runs  against an excellent bowling attack of Shami, Bumrah and co anywhere.

There should be a limit for delusions.

2 hours ago, Kron said:

Uh no. That series mcg and warne dint play. Warne may be not as good vs india but mcg will destroy all our overrated great batsmen 

i think you can series around that time had some really good bowlers from Africa, Pakistan and Australia. Check that series of 2003 in backdrop of what happened in 1999.

MCGrath and Warne is so much rated because he hada very long life in that ATG Aussies. However if you critically look at scorecards, contrary to beliefs Warne had equal chance of getting Indians bats including Sachin.

10 minutes ago, putrevus said:

^^^ They were so great that is why they could not score 250 runs against Asif and co in on semi flat wicket in Karachi 2006.

What did Dravid, Laxman, Sachin and co score against Trundler like Asif . Irfan took hatrick with first threeballs only to end up on losing side.

They did not anything better in second innings either when guy like Faisal Iqbal was making merry on completely flat pitch .

Best Indian team struggled to beat worst Pakistani team during whole 2000s at home, drawing test series 1-1 and losing home odi series 4-2 to great Naved ul Haq.

Yeah but they would score 300-400 easy runs  against an excellent bowling attack of Shami, Bumrah and co anywhere.

There should be a limit for delusions.

LOL, First there was no Sehwag. And Pakistani Spinners esp Doosara King Saqlin was responsible for what Pakistani did to India.

Wasim, Waqar, Chucklin, Mushtaq,Chuckfridi are still better lineup and have 2+ ATGs in them, while current attack u mentioned just have 1 called Bhumrah

28 minutes ago, mishra said:

LOL, First there was no Sehwag. And Pakistani Spinners esp Doosara King Saqlin was responsible for what Pakistani did to India.

Wasim, Waqar, Chucklin, Mushtaq,Chuckfridi are still better lineup and have 2+ ATGs in them, while current attack u mentioned just have 1 called Bhumrah

I am not talking about 1998 series, I am talking about 2006 series in Pakistan and 2005 home series .There was Sehwag in both series.He was the saving grace in 2005 series.

India could not win against Danish Kaneria and co in India  in 2005 and lost to Pakistan in 2006. with your so called  best batting line up.

Wasim and Waqar played in one test together against India in 1998. But you are making it sound like Sachin and Co were playing them all the time.

In case you forgot 1998 series our great line up laid egg in two tests and lost that series 2-1 out of which one was Asian test championship.

Who knows how many more tests India would have lost if they were playing against peak Wasim and Waqar.

Kohli with all his struggles of 3 years still has  average of 60 in India which is better than Sachin,Sehwag, Ganguly, VVS and Dravid. During the same time Ashwin and Jadeja  have averaged 20 and 21 at home.

They would beat Kohli's teams in series. Are you serious.

Edited by putrevus
44 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I am not talking about 1998 series, I am talking about 2006 series in Pakistan and 2005 home series .There was Sehwag in both series.He was the saving grace in 2005 series.

India could not win against Danish Kaneria and co in India  in 2005 and lost to Pakistan in 2006. with your so called  best batting line up.

Wasim and Waqar played in one test together against India in 1998. But you are making it sound like Sachin and Co were playing them all the time.

In case you forgot 1998 series our great line up laid egg in two tests and lost that series 2-1 out of which one was Asian test championship.

Who knows how many more tests India would have lost if they were playing against peak Wasim and Waqar.

Kohli with all his struggles of 3 years still has  average of 60 in India which is better than Sachin,Sehwag, Ganguly, VVS and Dravid. During the same time Ashwin and Jadeja  have averaged 20 and 21 at home.

They wont beat kohlis india

Also i want to add

Kohlis peak bowling attack is much better than any other asian pace attack including pakistan

Bumrah shami umesh supported by ashwin and jadeja

No chance

Absolutely no chance. 

41 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Tests series are won with bowlers and not bats. You need to take 20 wicket.

As far as Kohli is concerned, It not about Kohli vs xyz. Its about Kohlis batting lineup vs xyz batting lineup.

In simple terms : Bhumrah ensures that we win test. Pitches, SENA cpontries do not doctor pitches to a level where pacers will run through a batting lineup. India in past didnt had any such luxury. SENA countries were free and freely creating a pitch to suit their pacers. Thats why I dont go into all this crap of averages.

If you want to conclude how pitches are prepared look at recent average score of Pakistan in England vis a vis India in England for the period just before Bhumrah

4 hours ago, mishra said:

Tests series are won with bowlers and not bats. You need to take 20 wicket.

As far as Kohli is concerned, It not about Kohli vs xyz. Its about Kohlis batting lineup vs xyz batting lineup.

In simple terms : Bhumrah ensures that we win test. Pitches, SENA cpontries do not doctor pitches to a level where pacers will run through a batting lineup. India in past didnt had any such luxury. SENA countries were free and freely creating a pitch to suit their pacers. Thats why I dont go into all this crap of averages.

If you want to conclude how pitches are prepared look at recent average score of Pakistan in England vis a vis India in England for the period just before Bhumrah

Now you are shifting your goal posts. First you stated that line up will score runs 300-400 against any line up anywhere.

They lost against Pakistan with nobody as bowlers.What about their no show against Ajanta Mendis in 2008.Sehwag was super human to win one test on his own. I am not talking anything outside Asia.

That 2003 Australian Series you were talking about had Brad William nathan Bracken and Stuart Mcgill as bowlers along with Brett Lee.

I am also talking Kohli's teams vs 2000s teams.Kohli teams started winning in India much before Bumrah even played one single test in India. Bumrah adds cherry on top.

Ashwin and Jadeja are two players who add so much value for Kohli's team.They are like 4 players.

Shastri and Kohli started playing with just five batsmen that was the reason why Indian bowlers were able to take 20 wickets with 5 bowlers.

Sachin and co were too scared to play with just five batsmen, they needed VVS as cushion .

Bowling while improved always had an extra bowler.under Kohli .So blame 2000s batsmen for not taking the challenge.

Edited by putrevus
3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

If they are serious about Tests then they should stop scheudling IPL right before important series/matches. Atleast 3 occasions (5th test/2 WTC finals) India played right after IPL. They were lethargic, unprepared. 

I agree, That is where BCCI failed their team. If they wanted IPL then they should have used their influence and  given them decent chance to win those three matches.

It is too much to ask these players to go straight from IPL and start playing the most important match of their lives in early England summer.

13 hours ago, putrevus said:

I agree, That is where BCCI failed their team. If they wanted IPL then they should have used their influence and  given them decent chance to win those three matches.

It is too much to ask these players to go straight from IPL and start playing the most important match of their lives in early England summer.

THIS

every other country takes WC or important test tours seriously but BCCI expects plsyers who are fatigued from IPL to come straight into it win.. will be the same problem in 2024 T20WC. ghanta nothing will happen. In 2025, the England tour is just after IPL and the same issue will happen. and the WTC final is just before this series ( if India makes it to the final that is)