BCCI considering hike in test match player fees

8 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

THIS

every other country takes WC or important test tours seriously but BCCI expects plsyers who are fatigued from IPL to come straight into it win.. will be the same problem in 2024 T20WC. ghanta nothing will happen. In 2025, the England tour is just after IPL and the same issue will happen. and the WTC final is just before this series ( if India makes it to the final that is)

I agree 100%, morons from BCCI need help players.Scheduling is something they could fight against and I am not sure why they are not doing it.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I agree 100%, morons from BCCI need help players.Scheduling is something they could fight against and I am not sure why they are not doing it.

Double standards of BCCI who have facilitated this rotten culture of money mindedness and prioritising IPL as their cash cow and then expect young generation to prioritise red ball cricket over IPL?

9 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

THIS

every other country takes WC or important test tours seriously but BCCI expects plsyers who are fatigued from IPL to come straight into it win.. will be the same problem in 2024 T20WC. ghanta nothing will happen. In 2025, the England tour is just after IPL and the same issue will happen. and the WTC final is just before this series ( if India makes it to the final that is)

Well, BCCI has clear priorities. IPL >>  T20Is > Tests > ODIs

33 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Well, BCCI has clear priorities. IPL >>  T20Is > Tests > ODIs

It is true. But I don't know what more the BCCI can do to prioritize test cricket. It will never replace IPL and T20i, but had the BCCI wanted to kill test cricket in India, they would have done it. 

19 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Double standards of BCCI who have facilitated this rotten culture of money mindedness and prioritising IPL as their cash cow and then expect young generation to prioritise red ball cricket over IPL?

ICC is no less rotten , they are milking this t20 cash cow to full extent, who plays world t20 every year.This t20 world cup has become a joke.

Why in the world they are choosing  England as host for ICC test finals knowing full well, they will be held early in june itself.

Edited by putrevus
10 minutes ago, putrevus said:

ICC is no less rotten , they are milking this t20 cash cow to full extent, who plays world t20 every year.This t20 world cup has become a joke.

Why is the world they are choosing  England as host for ICC test finals knowing full well, they will be held early in june itself.

T20 is the only marketable, saleable format to spread the game and it's earnings subsidize the purest format for now. That's why they are taking It seriously and prioritising it. Test matches are well attended only mainly in the big 3. 

Cricket as such is not a game which many nations can ever play to a high enough level imo, part of it is due to lack of Incentive. 

8 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

T20 is the only marketable, saleable format to spread the game and it's earnings subsidize the purest format for now. That's why they are taking It seriously and prioritising it. Test matches are well attended only mainly in the big 3. 

Cricket as such is not a game which many nations can ever play to a high enough level imo, part of it is due to lack of Incentive. 

Yes T20 is marketable so you milk it every year by having world cup. It is taking away so much time in the calendar.

Every world t20 and world cup  has to have India and Pakistan match?

So when ICC does world t20 it is good for the game but IPL is bad for the game?

Edited by putrevus
38 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Yes T20 is marketable so you milk it every year by having world cup. It is taking away so much time in the calendar.

Every world t20 and world cup  has to have India and Pakistan match?

So when ICC does world t20 it is good for the game but IPL is bad for the game?

Who has said that? Many of the boards are able to sustain themselves only coz of IPL. Purist complaints about IPL is a minority, rest know it is here to stay and is important for the game as does the ICC. 

4 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Who has said that? Many of the boards are able to sustain themselves only coz of IPL. Purist complaints about IPL is a minority, rest know it is here to stay and is important for the game as does the ICC. 

Wait till IPL comes around , you will see all those crawling from their nests to complain about IPL.

For them IPL is the only evil but all other leagues and having world t20 every year are good for the game.

16 hours ago, putrevus said:

Wait till IPL comes around , you will see all those crawling from their nests to complain about IPL.

For them IPL is the only evil but all other leagues and having world t20 every year are good for the game.

both IPL and a T20 every year is an abomination.

3 T20 WCs in 4 years is bloody over kill. ODI WC and T20 WC need to happen on a 4 yearly cycle. so if next ODI is 27, then T20 WC should be in 29. This WC is being devalued.

IPL as a concept isnt an evil- it should theoretically provide  a T20 domestic tournament which feeds the best players into the Indian T20 team which results in Trophies. But now the culture and actions by BCCI and the players mean the money is there but the priorities are affecting Indian team in general and the results fans expect from it. I have said it before that most probs BCCI wants indian fans to desensitise from Indian team results so they switch to onluy caring about IPL results

On 3/1/2024 at 2:46 PM, Kron said:

Only on pattas. 2000 era is a joke in terms of batsmen stat padding

No drs either.

India batsmen did well in turning pitches however there was no drs. No matter what, it makes a huge difference

Nah, you can see a clear difference in techniques of Dravid, Sachin etc vs today's batsmen. Now those batsmen technique might also have got corrupted because of t20 but that's a different point. 

3 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

both IPL and a T20 every year is an abomination.

3 T20 WCs in 4 years is bloody over kill. ODI WC and T20 WC need to happen on a 4 yearly cycle. so if next ODI is 27, then T20 WC should be in 29. This WC is being devalued.

IPL as a concept isnt an evil- it should theoretically provide  a T20 domestic tournament which feeds the best players into the Indian T20 team which results in Trophies. But now the culture and actions by BCCI and the players mean the money is there but the priorities are affecting Indian team in general and the results fans expect from it. I have said it before that most probs BCCI wants indian fans to desensitise from Indian team results so they switch to onluy caring about IPL results

t20 world cup  have been  overkill from the start, 2007. 2009. 2010, I have forgotton how many t20 world cup have been played. and who won what world cup.They  are being played for only one reason to general money for ICC.

Do you think BCCI was better off when it was run by businessmen than politicians  and crooks llike Jay Shah.IMO he has no business of having any power in BCCI.

On 3/1/2024 at 8:22 PM, putrevus said:

Now you are shifting your goal posts. First you stated that line up will score runs 300-400 against any line up anywhere.

They lost against Pakistan with nobody as bowlers.What about their no show against Ajanta Mendis in 2008.Sehwag was super human to win one test on his own. I am not talking anything outside Asia.

That 2003 Australian Series you were talking about had Brad William nathan Bracken and Stuart Mcgill as bowlers along with Brett Lee.

I am also talking Kohli's teams vs 2000s teams.Kohli teams started winning in India much before Bumrah even played one single test in India. Bumrah adds cherry on top.

Ashwin and Jadeja are two players who add so much value for Kohli's team.They are like 4 players.

Shastri and Kohli started playing with just five batsmen that was the reason why Indian bowlers were able to take 20 wickets with 5 bowlers.

Sachin and co were too scared to play with just five batsmen, they needed VVS as cushion .

Bowling while improved always had an extra bowler.under Kohli .So blame 2000s batsmen for not taking the challenge.

I am not shifting the goal posts. You are forgetting the impact of Chapell vs Ganguly tug of war. How did I get reminded about Chapell vs Ganguli. Watch the scorecard , you yourself will see that someone is screwing with batting order

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

t20 world cup  have been  overkill from the start, 2007. 2009. 2010, I have forgotton how many t20 world cup have been played. and who won what world cup.They  are being played for only one reason to general money for ICC.

Do you think BCCI was better off when it was run by businessmen than politicians  and crooks llike Jay Shah.IMO he has no business of having any power in BCCI.

For both politicians and business men money is the sole objective- for a fan who wants Team India to do well and win trophies and having IPL as a side thing, the board needs someone who has vested interest in ensuring Indian team does well and focuses on player development in the right way. As of right now Cricket =India=Money its safe to say if the focus shifts from that it will be the end of the sport as we know it ( atleast internationally)

1 hour ago, mishra said:

I am not shifting the goal posts. You are forgetting the impact of Chapell vs Ganguly tug of war. How did I get reminded about Chapell vs Ganguli. Watch the scorecard , you yourself will see that someone is screwing with batting order

Chappell was not wrong about Ganguly .Ganguly was becoming a burden for the team.Aussies always chose their playing eleven first then choose their captain.

He is most overrrated captain BTW.