To save India.. we need a strong opposition otherwise BJP will destroy the country

straighttalk

On 4/30/2024 at 2:20 AM, rangeelaraja said:

Agree in principal and this has always been my thought process.   

But for this to happen - the H vote bank has to be  consolidated a lot more than what it is now - otherwise the votes will be spilt between a far right H party and

right of center ( BJP) Hindu party and the secular cabal will win all the swing seats.

BJP got just 37 % of the voteshare in 2019 despite a thumping seat victory in Lok Sabha 2019 - it shows the H votebank is not consolidated and BJP won because of astute planning.

For all the talk of BJP being hinduvta party, its process of consolidating  hindu vote bank is only 10-ish years old. Hindu vote bank will continue to get consolidated by the BJP, which is why i said that it hasnt peaked in its hindu vote share yet. 

Another reason why BJP will have a slow going process for consolidating hindu votes- and i dont mind this reason- is because India is the most advanced and diverse democracy there is politically. We have dozens of parties to choose from across the nation and even at local booth level we have 5-8 options to vote for. 
We are not a primitive binary political system as you see in US or UK or a spicy binary system like you see in Canada ( where its still effectively two party rule but the other 2 parties get to play kingmaker/able chamchaa if either of the two main parties fail to get majority). 

Step 1 : Consolidate H vote - this has been the biggest challenge for BJP since its inception. Even the Ram Mandir issue has not succeeding in doing this adequately.

We have Hindus to blame almost entirely for allowing secular fraud appeasement parties to thrive ( both at center and at state level )

A large part of the H votebank are SC/ST/OBC who will only vote for BJP if they are given freebies, reservation and govt jobs.

BJP has been trying really hard to pull them into the BJP fold decisively.

the process of consolidating hindu vote bank requires greater media management and exposure to hindumisia for the hindus, as hindu religion is highly accepting of other religions, while abrahamic religions don't need reasons like 'they hate us and are screwing with us' to be brought forth to hate hindus, as their religion is openly and officially hateful towards hindus as a matter of ideology. 

BJP realised this during the transition from Atal-Advani years to Modi-Shah years : that to consolidate hindu votes, we can't rely on 'being bhagwaa and doing more for hinduism', we have to draw attention to the hindumisia in christian,islamic and leftist circles to show the people that we are being attacked.

Step 2: Institute another H party that is far right H.  I would love it if at some point Yogi Adityanath splits and forms his own political party - believe you me - lots of voters from UP, Gujarat, MH, Karnataka - much prefer his style than right of center. This will ensure the fake single minority appeasement votebank politics in India becomes history.

yes, this will come eventually. But i think hindu far right party has to come before BJP cosolidates the hindu vote. If far right hindu party comes after BJP consolidates the hindu base, we will get into the cycle Savarkar predicted - where the incumbent party that has consolidated hindu vote, will see the upstart party as ' too radical and twisting the ethos of hinduism' and either try to discredit them or, if failing in that, turn more or more secular/muslim appeasing. This is exactly what happened with congress when bjp showed up because congress had already consolidated the hindu vote. 

We need active competition for hindu vote, not a power struggle between the consolidated hindu vote party and an upstart ultra-hindu party.

On 4/29/2024 at 11:48 PM, AuxiliA said:

What a stupid logic! 

Do you realize how much things were bad in a state like UP before Yogi took over? Even MPs and MLAs were being gunned down by AK-47s in broad daylight, forget about the common citizen. People back then were even afraid to go out in dark in many places. 

Today even UP has far less political violence than places like West Bengal, Punjab and Kerala which are ruled by leftist/Non-BJP parties. 

I thought that Jungliraaj is still being propagated under Yogiji and his goons..

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/lucknow/atiq-to-brother-to-mukhtar-ansari-in-7-yrs-10-gangsters-died-in-up-police-custody-or-jail-9241118/

On 4/29/2024 at 11:57 PM, AuxiliA said:

I fully agree on having a strong opposition. But that opposition also has to be democratic and not ruled by a few dynastic families. Even the grand old party like Congress has been fully hijacked by a single family.

Congress ruled for more than 55 years, should have done a hell lot more. Until 1990, after being ruled by a single family for 40 years, we were bankrupt and far behind even Pakistan on all indicators! 43 years lost.

Take a look at the constituencies of Amethi and Rae Bareli which voted for the Gandhi family members since independence. They are underdeveloped even by UP standards. On the contrary see how much Varanasi has improved under Modi in just 10 years.

You and I are now taking the same thing.. I'm not advocating replacing modi with Gandhi.. I'm advocating for a opposition that can keep a govt in check with an independent media and providing a viable option... I am not advocating for inept congress to replace modi.. but Indias current trajectory under Modi is concerning.. only hope is the leaders after modi on bjp do not inspire hope and thankfully they will lose power.. 

1 hour ago, straighttalk said:

You don’t know what is called jungleraj. What Yogi is doing is cleaning up of jungleraj system. All the goondas used to run the streets earlier

5 hours ago, straighttalk said:

Lol Man I just can't believe you posted THIS to prove your point. :hysterical:

Are you for real? No wonder less and less people are taking the 'leftists' seriously in the country now. They are so out of touch with the ground reality. 

Crying over the death of dreaded gangsters/terrorists who used to terrorise the  entire region. That's actually the biggest achievement of Yogi.

5 hours ago, straighttalk said:

You and I are now taking the same thing.. I'm not advocating replacing modi with Gandhi.. I'm advocating for a opposition that can keep a govt in check with an independent media and providing a viable option... I am not advocating for inept congress to replace modi.. but Indias current trajectory under Modi is concerning.. only hope is the leaders after modi on bjp do not inspire hope and thankfully they will lose power.. 

Media is always biased and never 'independent' anywhere in the world. Everyone picks their sides. That's the reality.

The fact that the opposition is inept is not Modi's fault. Biggest problem in the opposition is rampant nepotism which produces only Pappus.

"India's current trajectory under Modi is concerning" - That's just your opinion and you are entitled to it. Many would find India's trajectory under the 'leftist' parties 'concerning'. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

yes, this will come eventually. But i think hindu far right party has to come before BJP cosolidates the hindu vote. If far right hindu party comes after BJP consolidates the hindu base, we will get into the cycle Savarkar predicted - where the incumbent party that has consolidated hindu vote, will see the upstart party as ' too radical and twisting the ethos of hinduism' and either try to discredit them or, if failing in that, turn more or more secular/muslim appeasing. This is exactly what happened with congress when bjp showed up because congress had already consolidated the hindu vote. 

We need active competition for hindu vote, not a power struggle between the consolidated hindu vote party and an upstart ultra-hindu party.

Agree 100 %

Brilliant post.  Explains the problem BJP is currently facing wresting control of the entire H votebank from Congress. 

Congress M appeasement wasn't there till BJP showed up. 

Edited by rangeelaraja