Your cricket fantasy?

I'm sure, given so many starry eyed fans here, most of you would have dreamt of representing India in cricket one day. And I'm fairly certain, most of you would have day dreamt over and over about what you would have achieved as an Indian cricket team player. :D My fantasy as a kid was as follows: I am playing cricket in the park and I'm smashing my friends all over the place. Sunny Gavaskar happens to be driving past and a cursory glance at my batting makes him slam the brakes and observe my match for a while. Oblivious of his eyes, I keep sending ball after ball into orbit with much non chalance. Suddenly, one of my friends exclaims - "Abbe yaar! It's Sunny!". I turn around and see Gavaskar watching our game quite intently. All of my friends run up to him to take his autograph while I just stand there cooly shadow batting and reliving some of my strokes. Sunny brushes my friends aside, walks up to me and says - "Wow kid, that was some batting! Where did you learn to play like that?" I shrug my shoulders and say - "Thanks Sunny. I just comes naturally to me." Sunny pats my head, gives me his card and says - "The selection for the Australian tour is taking place this Sunday. Call my secretary and get the details off him for the net session with the probables at Kotla in a few days time. See you soon Champ." I arrive at the nets and find myself surrounded by the people I've idolised. Sunny waves to me and asks me to pad up. I overhear one of the selectors says to Sunny - "Is that the kid Sunny? I hope he's worth the hype. That Rohan guy you brought with you last time was pathetic." Sunny calls Zaheer over and says - "Bowl as fast as you can. Bowl a lot of short balls too." Tendulkar,Ganguly,Dravid,Gavaskar and the selectors stand by the nets and watch as I pound each and every one of Zaheer's deliveries. All of them break into applause. I then go upto Sunny and say - "I can bowl too." Almost as if on cue, Dravid goes to bat in the nets and I get the ball from an irritated Zak. The first delivery I send to Dravid smacks his visor and breaks it in half. Dravid is shaken but unhurt. The nearby speedgun registers a speed of 157 kmph. Everyone is aghast. Sunny smiles and says to Ganguly - "Sourav, ask Ajit to go home and work on his bakery shop full time. We've got our all rounder." Needless to say, I went to Australia, broke Punter and Langer's jaw, took 10fers match after match smacked ton after ton and won India the test series. :winky: I saw myself on the cover of India Today, rehearsed my presentation speeches and saw myself partying with all the babes. Of course, won a dozen world cups for India later too. :hysterical:

i see myself as a bowler who bowls 170kph consistently :D got pakistan out for 0 runs for 50 straight games and pak became a 4th world country. I won 55 test matches in a row for india :D And i'm alongside with sachin tendulkar in 2011 after we won the wc :) we were chasing 445 against australia and we were down 80/8. Sachin was still there. Me and sachin had a partnership for 350 runs and we won the match :D so there ..

i see myself as a bowler who bowls 170kph consistently :D got pakistan out for 0 runs for 50 straight games and pak became a 4th world country. I won 55 test matches in a row for india :D And i'm alongside with sachin tendulkar in 2011 after we won the wc :) we were chasing 445 against australia and we were down 80/8. Sachin was still there. Me and sachin had a partnership for 350 runs and we won the match :D so there ..
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

HaHaHa... when i dream...i dream big...i always see myself as a bowler...who will be the first bowler in the history of the game to get 6 wickets in first 6 balls...and rest four in 4 balls.. i always dream about that dream ball...when bowled from Right hand over the wicket...pitches on leg stump..and commits the batsman for leg stump line and then swings late to uproot the offstump..:hysterical: i alll dream to take all my wickets as clean bowled....:haha:..umpiring ka koi laphda hi nahi... also...that full toss ball that swings late and squares up the batsman..and uproots the stumps..:cantstop:

I have dreams where over about 100 runs are required from the last from about 4 overs and I get those 100 runs all by myself in 20 balls :D Then, when I am actually playing cricket, when there's not much action going on as a fielder, I fantasize that the next delivery will come my way and I will take a breath taking catch, flying in mid air, staying there for eternity and finally catching the ball with one hand. But when the ball actually comes my way, I get too anxious and misfield, but then its back to fantasizing and taking that breath-taking catch again off the next delivery:D Ofcourse, there's that one where I take 10 wickets in 10 balls as well.

Guest Hiten.
game to get 6 wickets in first 6 balls...and rest four in 4 balls..
Then, when I am actually playing cricket, when there's not much action going on as a fielder, I fantasize that the next delivery will come my way and I will take a breath taking catch, flying in mid air, staying there for eternity and finally catching the ball with one hand. But when the ball actually comes my way, I get too anxious and misfield, but then its back to fantasizing and taking that breath-taking catch again off the next delivery:D
So I am not the only one who does/think about these ones eh ? :hysterical:
Suddenly, one of my friends exclaims - "Abbe yaar! It's Sunny!". I turn around and see Gavaskar watching our game quite intently. All of my friends run up to him to take his autograph while I just stand there cooly shadow batting and reliving some of my strokes. Sunny brushes my friends aside, walks up to me and says - "Wow kid, that was some batting! Where did you learn to play like that?" I shrug my shoulders and say - "Thanks Sunny. I just comes naturally to me."
:hysterical: My cricket fantasy is to watch couple of hotties replace the on field umpires .. both have a pole each and they dance between deliveries while all decisions are taken by the 3rd umpire using technology

it's the deciding test match of the GavaskarBorder Trophy. Sourav Ganguly has been ruled out of the test match due to hamstring. Cricketics is to debut in this crucial deciding test, the replacement for sourav ganguly. Australia has scored massive 520 in first innings that too on Perth pitch. India in reply are 3 down for 25. Tendulkar is batting on one end. and after the dismissal of Laxman, the speaker in the ground announces, "COMING IN THE DEBUTANT ... .(CRICKETICS)... the indian crowd even though they are pissed that team isn't doing well, have started cheering for me just so that they can encourage this new lad, the debutant. lee to tendulkar, tendulkar wants single.. Cricketics says no.. Tendulkar is out. RUN OUT.. IT'S 25-4.. a very poor running between the wickets by mr. cricketics has resulted in this run out of tendulkar. a big wicket and our chances to bat again in FOLLOW ON are sky high. The whole crowd is booing me now just because of that reckless running between the wicket. in the following session of the same day.. India are bowled out for 91.. and India is trailing by about 400 odd runs and would be following on.. cricketics was not out in this inning on selish 21 runs.. new channels in India are making mr. debutant cricketics as teh culprit. day 3 starts.. India loses gambhir, sehwag, dravid, tendulkar early again.. India are 30-4 again.. enters the debutant mr. Cricketics.. whole crowd is booing mr. cricketics for his reckless play in first innings.. more over, aussies have created funny chants.. Laxman on the other end is looking good.. rest is history.. runs have started coming.. bill lawry has been admitted to local hospital for going crazy in commentry box after some sensational batting by mr. cricketics all of a sudden.... DAY 3 HAS ENDED. ricky ponting and other aussies are congratulating mr. cricketics for playing a damn good knock. the scorcard says India 439-5. MR. CRICKETICS IS A LEGEND ALL OF A SUDDEN.. Tendulkar and other senior players specially came down to hand over gatorade and other refreshments to mr. cricketics. DAY 4 IS ON.. CRICKETICS IS THE 2ND INDIAN AFTER SEHWAG TO SCORE 300.. 2ND SESSION CRICKETICS REACHES 500.. INDIA DECLARES AT 791 - 7.. cricketics not out on 582 and Bhajji on 179.. it's rainning raining raining.. looks like all the hard work of mr. cricketics is about to go in vain. day 4 has ended and aussies haven't even started batting.. day 5 starts.. DRAW is the likely result and aussies are to retain the gavaskar border trophy if the game ends in a draw. first 2 sessions have been dominated by the aussies just 2 down and ricky ponting is looking good. last session australia need 18 runs in 2 overs with six wickets in hand. kumble takes hatrick, but gets hit for 2 big sixes. 6 needed of last over, with 3 wickets in hand. HATTRICK HATTRICK WHO'S SACHIN WHO'S DRAVID WHO'S LAXMAN WHO'S KUMBLE WHO'S WHO IT'S CRICKETICS.. INDIA AND THE WHOLE WORLD HAVE GONE MAD.. CRICKETICS HAS TAKEN BIRTH IN INTERNATIONAL CRICKET DAMN, WHAT THE HECK DID I WRITE JUST NOW LOL

lee to tendulkar, tendulkar wants single.. Cricketics says no.. Tendulkar is out. RUN OUT.. IT'S 25-4.. a very poor running between the wickets by mr. cricketics has resulted in this run out of tendulkar. a big The whole crowd is booing me now just because of that reckless running between the wicket. new channels in India are making mr. debutant cricketics as teh culprit. more over, aussies have created funny chants.. bill lawry has been admitted to local hospital for going crazy in commentry box after some sensational batting by mr. cricketics all of a sudden.... MR. CRICKETICS IS A LEGEND ALL OF A SUDDEN.. Tendulkar and other senior players specially came down to hand over gatorade and other refreshments to mr. cricketics.
:hysterical: that's one hell of a debut 'tics:two_thumbs_up: Very clever of you to get Sachin run out. And this part was hilarious 'Tendulkar and other senior players specially came down to hand over gatorade and other refreshments to mr. cricketics.'
it's the deciding test match of the GavaskarBorder Trophy. Sourav Ganguly has been ruled out of the test match due to hamstring. Cricketics is to debut in this crucial deciding test, the replacement for sourav ganguly. . . . . DAMN, WHAT THE HECK DID I WRITE JUST NOW LOL
That's not a dream, that's a hallucination...:haha:

Cricketics that was some fantasy :laugh: Another recurring one I've had is like so. I'm padded to bat at 5 and it's my debut game at Perth. Lee and Tait open the bowling. Lee send short ball to Jaffer who gets hit on the helmet and falls on the stumps. Dravid comes in and gets his wrist broken and is forced to retire hurt. Veeru gets snorter that he fends to slip. I come in facing a hostile fearsome bowling duo on world's fastest pitch and a crowd baying for more Indian blood. First ball from Lee is 159 kmph short ball that I try to hook but I miss it and it hits my helmet, pushes the visor in and bloodies my nose and cuts my lip. Crowd go wild and want more blood. SRT on the other end is very concerned. I call for 12th man, take my helmet off, give it to him and send him away. SRT and crowd gasp. Commentators can't believe that a young debutant like me is going to bat without helmet at WACA against these two speed demons. Richie Benaud declines to watch. I suck my lip and spit the blood in Lee's direction. Lee comes into bowl and another short ball which I hook and ball goes out of the ground! Everyone is stunned. Next ball I come down the track and play lofted straigh drive for 6 over the sight screen. The Indians in the crowd go wild as a champion stamps his bloody arrival. :D

Cricketics that was some fantasy :laugh: Another recurring one I've had is like so. I'm padded to bat at 5 and it's my debut game at Perth. Lee and Tait open the bowling. Lee send short ball to Jaffer who gets hit on the helmet and falls on the stumps. Dravid comes in and gets his wrist broken and is forced to retire hurt. Veeru gets snorter that he fends to slip. I come in facing a hostile fearsome bowling duo on world's fastest pitch and a crowd baying for more Indian blood. First ball from Lee is 159 kmph short ball that I try to hook but I miss it and it hits my helmet, pushes the visor in and bloodies my nose and cuts my lip. Crowd go wild and want more blood. SRT on the other end is very concerned. I call for 12th man, take my helmet off, give it to him and send him away. SRT and crowd gasp. Commentators can't believe that a young debutant like me is going to bat without helmet at WACA against these two speed demons. Richie Benaud declines to watch. I suck my lip and spit the blood in Lee's direction. Lee comes into bowl and another short ball which I hook and ball goes out of the ground! Everyone is stunned. Next ball I come down the track and play lofted straigh drive for 6 over the sight screen. The Indians in the crowd go wild as a champion stamps his bloody arrival. :D
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:..thats some daring dream...:haha::haha:

Well, Gambo, strange as it may seem, I never did dream of representing India. :regular_smile: However, I often daydreamed/fantasised of thrilling finishes in matches where I took the last wickets or hit a six to win a final - that sort of thing - but reality overrode those thoughts as the years went by with incredible finishes in actual matches. I wrote about some of them in my early days in here. The one I didn't achieve would have been against our arch rivals who had 3 members of the one family in their top order. One of the openers had been a great local player and was still pretty good. His twin sons batted at 3 & 4. My fantasy was to see their team at about 0/80 odd and John (the father) batting well. My first 4 bowlers had made no impression and it looked like we were in for a long day. I brought myself on to bowl leggies. I set the field deep and tossed up a juicy 'hit me' ball. He did just that. Went on the back foot and whacked it for 6, over covers. He was all set to repeat the dose but wasn't ready for my fast yorker. It crashed into middle stump and he was gone for 53. Out came the first of the twins, Darryn. He was the comp's leading run scorer. Nicked the first ball to the keeper. Number 2 son, Mark, strode to the wicket. A powerful and aggressive right hander. I was so determined to bowl the perfect hat trick ball. It was anything but. My attempted googly floated up invitingly, a knee high full toss. His eyes lit up as he hungrily pounced to lift it over square for 6. At least, that was his intention. He top edged it. The ball hung in the air for an eternity as I stood, mid pitch, waiting for it to come down. I held the catch. :regular_smile: