Fight the good fight, India!

If India needs some inspiration they just need to look back to the recent Lords' test. South Africa were being blown away at the end of day 3 but came back strongly to grit it out for two consecutive days and look what happened after that. The momentum of the series has shifted and South Africa appear favorites to clinch it. Indian batsmen need to bring out the same grit and determination. They are also likely to be aided by rain, a benefit South Africa did not have. The next couple of days are going to be a true test of character for what is at the end of the day a very good team and batting line up. If they can learn from the mistakes of today where except for Dravid's wicket, everyone threw it away, India has a chance of taking a 0-0 scoreline to the next test. All batsmen got starts, none looked out of the league against either Murali or Mendis. Concentration and application should see India through and if India do manage it, they'll have a good chance of reversing the situation in the next test like they did last year at Lords' or South Africa did recently. Whatever screw ups of bowling and team selection happened can't be reversed, it's time for 35,000 test runs and 500 test matches of batting line up experience to fight out a good fight.

yep thats exactly rite..we just cant buckle down to pressure once again..the fab 4 have enuf experience and enuf number of runs to counter this situation..its not like the track is turning viciously..as u said except for RD all the other batsmen threw it away or made an error on judgement so hopefully they get their minds rite the next time and apply themselves..especially Viru..he needs to stay there for a long time coz if he does the runs wud be flowing and that eases the pressure big time.. lets just hope that they do it..they have it in them, they just have to play normal cricket without going for anything extravagant..:pray:

I'm angry that most of the batsmen got out to silly shots. Was this an occasion for collective silliness? Sehwag started the rot and it just didn't stop after that--Gambhir, Sachin, Ganguly and Karthik--everyone threw their wickets as if it was a charity game!!:mad: Wonder how are they going to handle it now. This was an invaluable opportunity for them to have a good practice against Murali and Mendis. Why could they not forget that 600 on board for opposition and set themselves the target to bat as long as possible unless the bowler really claimed their wickets? Why do these batsmen have to play shots which are risky? Sehwag..Gambhir..Ganguly..Karthik..Oh God!!!

It's time for VVS LAXMAN, TO SHOW HSI BLOODY CLASS. AND HE WILL. WATCH OUT FOR VVS. and about mendis today, weel SRT AND GAMBHIR were the the who were playing Mendis with ease. Gambhir started really well against him so as Tendulkar, sucks that both of them got out to Murali, specially Gambhir, the ball was a nothing one and Gambhir played it to the fielder

It's time for a fightback! We always start away tours sluggishly but then turn it on quickly.
The question is why. In the past, we've had no tour match to help with dusting off the rust, but this time there is no such excuse. One has to question the mental approach, especially the role of the coaching staff in preparing the team mentally. There are times when you have to take the attack to the bowlers, and other times when you have to be a tad circumspect. The key is to distinguish the two situations. Of course, sitting at my keyboard, I can play "morning-after cricketer," but damn ... these guys need to do justice to their talent and experience.

Its all good being optimistic and all, but the fact is that pitch is going to deteriorate. We can attribute the failures to reckless shot selection, but face the facts man: 1). Our openers are built to play shots and with T-20 fever still there, I cannot see them switch to accumulation mode. 2). Dravid was beaten and so was Sachin. Ganguly didn't what else to do, so he employed the slog sweep. I can't see how it will get better, since we will be batting to save the match and pressure will be more.

The question is why. In the past, we've had no tour match to help with dusting off the rust, but this time there is no such excuse. One has to question the mental approach, especially the role of the coaching staff in preparing the team mentally. There are times when you have to take the attack to the bowlers, and other times when you have to be a tad circumspect. The key is to distinguish the two situations. Of course, sitting at my keyboard, I can play "morning-after cricketer," but damn ... these guys need to do justice to their talent and experience.
And, we'll continue to wait - wait for them to do justice to their talent and experience and the truckloads they are paid for assuming they will deliver. Do these guys show responsibiity? Irresponsible shots when we have to first ensure a draw in this Test. You ask the question is 'why': The answer may be they 'take it for granted'...they take it for granted that people will continue to adore them, be crazy about them, and dance in glory about them - even if they fail, they take it for granted they will be selected even if they fail, they'll get ads, sponsors, and various ways to earn even if they fail.

Regardless of our innings, im sure we will come back stronger ie, we all thought we were going to lose the series and the 1st test in england but lady luck came and so did rain, u never know. Dont just predict it too soon. As far as I am concerned we can make this into a draw, and learn from our mistakes. We need another deadly zaheer bowling figures to come into place soon