Dravid : Three more innings?

I always think that RD will go down on high. It seems just lack of motivation. Somehow something is missing. It is just a matter of 2-3 tests and he will be back with 70+ avg in a series. In fact, I can bet he will be 50+ avg in the remaining games he will play after this.

The thing is, its not as Dravid is playing badly. He still looks half-decent, defends stoutly, the ball hits the middle more often than not when prodding forward, but thats the thing. When a batsman is generally out of form, he looks pathetic on the pitch. He cant see the ball, he tries to reverse sweep a yorker or plays a slower ball 2 hours early and even tries to edge wides to the wicket-keepers. But, when they get back into form, the same microscopic ball becomes massive, the same yorkers are now hit for sixers and the slower balls are deposited over long-on. In Dravid's case though, its not like he can go back to the nets, practice and regain form again. He is already IN form, but unfortunately, his 'In form' form isnt good enough for intnl. cricket, at present. And he is 35. That makes it doubly worse.

common Dravid.. end it in high note.. retire after aussie series.. 3rd test is yours.. common mate.. !! :--D ohh yesss.. this is fun.. ek dum jhakas test series.. testing time for batsmen and fans.. iss series mai drama he, action he , comedy he.. way better than what I expected.. and all this is because of one MAN.. the MENDIS..

Dravid got a close decision yesterday. He looked in very good touch - as good as you will ever see him - and that innings was cut short rather abruptly because of a review which could have gone either way. The square cuts and that lofted shot down the track against Muralitharan weren't the shots of a man out of form. It's just a matter of time before he scores some big runs. He needs to forget about needlessly occupying the crease and should focus on playing his shots like he did yesterday - the runs will come easily.

Rahul Dravid looked his best for a long time yesterday. Pity he couldn't go on longer. I think he has bought himself a little bit of time and has prolonged his stay in the Indian team by another test match. A good knock the next test match will seal his spot for home series but if he doesn't cash in the next test match I'm sure he'll be rested. As Pred said he also looked positive and scored at every opportunity when presented. I hope Ganguly can do the same today.

@ chandan...what are the chances of him surviving against a bowler who has taken him on all three occassions? how composed he can be at the crease while playing a bowler who's unconventional to say the least.
I hope all of you were convinced that dropping Dravid against Australia just because of his performance against a freak bowler in Srilanka will be nothing but foolishness. I won't like the change till Australia series, though if Ganguly fails yet again in the third test, we can think of blooding any of the youngsters because Ganguly doersn't have a hot record against the Australians even at home!

Dravid is becoming a huge liability in the indian batting line up, he wastes balls at the crucial number 3 position, i dont know why he isnt demoted down the order to accomadate Laxman. Laxman is younger than Dravid and is scoring at a better strike rate. It really annoys me to see Dravid bat these days. He is way past his prime and maybe he should look to retire soon, because not only is his batting under spotlight but so is his mobility in the field, hes dropped catches he has slower reflexes etc.

I hope all of you were convinced that dropping Dravid against Australia just because of his performance against a freak bowler in Srilanka will be nothing but foolishness. I won't like the change till Australia series, though if Ganguly fails yet again in the third test, we can think of blooding any of the youngsters because Ganguly doersn't have a hot record against the Australians even at home!
IF we are not playing against Aus in kolkata than bring it on :D. Drop him I say.

The upcoming test is a big one for the middle order. They really need to show to the world why between them, they have scored more than 30,000 runs. Its ok to be bamboozled by a freak spinner once, or maybe twice. But sure, they can give the 'Mendis excuse' for 3 matches in a row.