Is it true that in Mumbai Housing societies segregrate based on religion ?

Texy

That's true...not just on the basis of religion but also Region and language. In Mumbai there are lot of societies based on religions.... In Delhi ...you will find Bengali,Garhwali,Punjabi societies..... Really sad...people miss out a great opportunity to get to know people of other cultures. Guess it's their loss!
Oi where in delhi ? I have never seen any society/colony like that in delhi

there is a area called "park circus" where 90% residents are muslims I believe
I am sure you are mistaken. Park Circus is an upscale area with lots of shopping centers/bazaars, good convent schools and thats one of the locales where the 'pants and suits baboos' live. Park Circus is close to Ballygunge -Bhawanipur, which are quite upscale areas and very rarely do they see any sort of shut-downs. Even when Bengali govt/opposition do their 'bandhs' every few months, these areas (along with Tollygunge) are the least affected.
e use to hear patakas and other fireworks going off when India used to lose to pak in the 90s.
Thats definitely not park circus. What you are talking about is in Borobazar- IIRC somewhere along Mahatma Gandhi road, near Rabindra Sarani is Nakhoda Masjid, the largest/best known masjid in Kolkata and the surrounding areas are mostly small shops and a higher than average muslim populace. That area, boubazar and Beleghata are usually the areas that you'll see this because there are a lot of muslims/bangladeshis in that area.

when I was a kid growing up in Kolkata' date=' there is a area called "park circus" where 90% residents are muslims I believe. We use to hear patakas and other fireworks going off when India used to lose to pak in the 90s...also wierdly a lot of riots in Kolkata use to originate from there... so ya I agree, in India I think people are still quite alienated/isolated within their community in most areas barring few......hope with more education things will change in the future.[/quote'] same thing in our town in Rajasthan...although it was half-half....some muslims cheered for India some cheered for Pakistan.....then oneday there was this small backlash and everything stopped

Oi where in delhi ? I have never seen any society/colony like that in delhi
In Delhi...people of one community get together to form societies....I don't know names but I know there are some in Rohini/Pritam Pura area.But unlike the Parsi and Catholic societies in Mumbai,I doubt these people can actually exclude others lawfully.

Guest dada_rocks
You are wrong, once again! It's Park Street you are confusing it with. Park Circus is a typical muslim dominated area and there is NOTHING upscale about it.
Go easy on poor guy most probably he heard the name through his distant cousin hence sconfused park circus from park street.. Park street BTW is that paak place where I saw a girl in min-skirt roaming around a pitcure palace forgot the name.... Kolkata ka bahut ehsaan hai mujh pe:--D

In Delhi...people of one community get together to form societies....I don't know names but I know there are some in Rohini/Pritam Pura area.But unlike the Parsi and Catholic societies in Mumbai' date='I doubt these people can actually exclude others lawfully.[/quote'] arey u r getting confused. The societies in delhi (Rohini , Palam etc) are mostly based on profession. They are bankers , doctors etc . For forming say a jain society , I think its a group of people who get a builder to build apartments for members of the pre-existing association .. al though Im sure the owners are free to sell it to anybody later.

I am sure you are mistaken. Park Circus is an upscale area with lots of shopping centers/bazaars, good convent schools and thats one of the locales where the 'pants and suits baboos' live. Park Circus is close to Ballygunge -Bhawanipur, which are quite upscale areas and very rarely do they see any sort of shut-downs. Even when Bengali govt/opposition do their 'bandhs' every few months, these areas (along with Tollygunge) are the least affected. Thats definitely not park circus. What you are talking about is in Borobazar- IIRC somewhere along Mahatma Gandhi road, near Rabindra Sarani is Nakhoda Masjid, the largest/best known masjid in Kolkata and the surrounding areas are mostly small shops and a higher than average muslim populace. That area, boubazar and Beleghata are usually the areas that you'll see this because there are a lot of muslims/bangladeshis in that area.
Park circus has don bosco school...but other than that....it's not affluent at all... nowadays North Calcutta's old jomidar/mansion houses are been taken over by lower class muslims....coz hindu bengalis are all moving out and can't afford maintenance either and since more and more families have stopped living together as one big joint family...like years ago.

Muslim woman alleges she was asked to vacate Mumbai flat because of her religion May be another drama by this wannabe model to gain publicity. Apparently there are other Muslim families living in that building, if there is discrimination against Muslims how the hell did they get accommodation there. Not surprising that she is an AAP volunteer. Filled in her FB page are anti Modi,anti BJP, anti Ramdev, anti Subramaniam Swamy, pro Pakistani,pro Hurriyat,Azaad Kashmir, Akbaruddin Owaisi,AAP,Kejriwal likes and messages. She even liked I hate Indian cricket team :cantstop:. After people started pointing these things out she deleted all her message history(up to 2013) and her likes went down from 2300+ to 1700 in a matter of an hour :hysterical:. She still likes Pakistan Cricket Team, Afridi, anti Modi, anti BJP though. If these people hate India so much why are they still living here. MSM has picked this story and are giving their own masala. Since majority didn't buy the fabricated church attacks BS the focus shifts back to Muslims and their imaginary sufferings in Modi's India.Liberals on twitter have gone berserk with Rana Ayyub and Kavita Krishnan already penning down their opinion pieces in no time. :haha: http://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai/muslim-woman-alleges-being-thrown-out-of-mumbai-flat-because-of-her-religion/article1-1351720.aspx http://www.firstpost.com/india/now-woman-claims-broker-denied-her-flat-in-mumbai-because-she-is-a-muslim-2264880.html http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/muslim-woman-misbah-quadri-denied-flat-mumbai-mba-zeeshan-khan/1/440476.html

If you eat egg, you arent aloud to live in our society. Now how people come to know, Cos Kaamvallee baee spreads the news. Cleaner uses common bin to gather all bin. So thats it. We also complain if single working girl get a boyfriend to stay. A Muslim is automatically assumed a non vegetarian. Any such condition means you cant live in a rented acco of a decent society

If you eat egg, you arent aloud to live in our society. Now how people come to know, Cos Kaamvallee baee spreads the news. Cleaner uses common bin to gather all bin. So thats it. We also complain if single working girl get a boyfriend to stay. A Muslim is automatically assumed a non vegetarian. Any such condition means you cant live in a rented acco of a decent society
You do know that lots of Hindus are non vegeterian.The likes of Bengalis,Malyalees,Marathis,Punjabis and all. These stupid rules need to be junked.

You do know that lots of Hindus are non vegeterian.The likes of Bengalis,Malyalees,Marathis,Punjabis and all. These stupid rules need to be junked.
Yeah, as i said, if people eat egg and bai complains, Society women start making noise and action is taken. This rule is in most of old societies. Its not Hindu or Muslim thing. Muslims are assumed non veggie. Hindu tenants, there is a doubt. Similarly if a girl/boy brings in a boy/girl friend to sleep or party late night, people start making noise for a action.

No biggie, Marathis in Mumbai cannot rent in certain Guj/Jain societies either.

I will never allow a non veg as tenant in my house, even if that person is a Hindu. I don't give a **** whether they bring GFs/BFs or are gay/lesbian etc. By liberal standards if I am evil, communal, narrow minded, bigot etc so be it. Mah house mah rules.

I will never allow a non veg as tenant in my house' date= even if that person is a Hindu. I don't give a **** whether they bring GFs/BFs or are gay/lesbian etc. By liberal standards if I am evil, communal, narrow minded, bigot etc so be it. Mah house mah rules.
same for me. I don't have a house in my name though.:--D

Yeah, as i said, if people eat egg and bai complains, Society women start making noise and action is taken. This rule is in most of old societies. Its not Hindu or Muslim thing. Muslims are assumed non veggie. Hindu tenants, there is a doubt. Similarly if a girl/boy brings in a boy/girl friend to sleep or party late night, people start making noise for a action.
What if the person owns that apartment?They cannot throw that person out of his own home basically they cant do **** if the owner is non veg or brings a girl or boy or if the owner refuses to take action againist the tenant. You are based in Delhi.Right?

I will never allow a non veg as tenant in my house' date=' even if that person is a Hindu. I don't give a **** whether they bring GFs/BFs or are gay/lesbian etc. By liberal standards if I am evil, communal, narrow minded, bigot etc so be it. Mah house mah rules.[/quote'] +1

I will never allow a non veg as tenant in my house' date=' even if that person is a Hindu. I don't give a **** whether they bring GFs/BFs or are gay/lesbian etc. By liberal standards if I am evil, communal, narrow minded, bigot etc so be it. Mah house mah rules.[/quote'] Are you ok renting from non veg eating folks ?