Virat Kohli, our future batting stalwart and the future Indian Captain

Cricketics

He is good runner, great fielder, ideal number 3, if he wants to anchor the innings, he should be encouraged. He has big shots to unleash later half of the game. Someone just tells him, its no good scoring 30s and 40s, go for biggies everytime you cross 30s and 40s..and you will become match winner

watch his innings of 73 in Chamipions trophy on a bouncy green track against a good Wi attack with bowlers like fiery Kemar Roach who was bowlign in 150s and Gavin Tong was swinging it away and look how well he played in that game......i dont how you forget this kind of a class innings
rkt yaar one innings on a tricky suirface alrioght, but bowling fast doesn't necessarily mean that they were bowling well.The target was too little and he played a good innings.But to me he will make the cut, only if he consistently proves himself right in Saf that is the ODIs next year when we go there, will be the tester for me.A couple of ODis performance doesn't cpunt. But having said that, his form and consistency in sub continent has been pretty good.He looks a solid player for sure.Its just his adaptability that i want to check out.He has matured as a batsmen and he had it in him, the confidence and vigour to perform at the toughest level.Looks really competitive and confident while he is out there.
But working it on the legside is a huge strength of his. So when he does get across he usually connects and connects well
Agreed.He shuffles across and play the leg glance and "The flick of the wrist" shot amazingly.He is confident that he will connect and thats why he does that.The problem doesn't lie there.The only thing that i am concerned about him is that, his off stump awareness, and his shot selection in England under swinging conditions, whether he will play away from the body or will adjust and place a little more close to the body.On Aus pitches, whether he is able to rock back to the back foot quickly and swiveling to tackle the short pitch stuff.
Agreed.He shuffles across and play the leg glance and "The flick of the wrist" shot amazingly.He is confident that he will connect and thats why he does that.The problem doesn't lie there.The only thing that i am concerned about him is that' date=' his off stump awareness, and his shot selection in England under swinging conditions, whether he will play away from the body or will adjust and place a little more close to the body.[b']On Aus pitches, whether he is able to rock back to the back foot quickly and swiveling to tackle the short pitch stuff.
He was highest scorer the Emerging player tournament at the time when pitches help fast bowlers a lot and all teams had good pacers
rkt yaar one innings on a tricky suirface alrioght, but bowling fast doesn't necessarily mean that they were bowling well.The target was too little and he played a good innings.But to me he will make the cut, only if he consistently proves himself right in Saf that is the ODIs next year when we go there, will be the tester for me.A couple of ODis performance doesn't cpunt. But having said that, his form and consistency in sub continent has been pretty good.He looks a solid player for sure.Its just his adaptability that i want to check out.He has matured as a batsmen and he had it in him, the confidence and vigour to perform at the toughest level.Looks really competitive and confident while he is out there.
I think you didnt watch the match they were bowling brilliantly, even Gambhir could not sustain and got out early and got bowled by Roach...you can say he needs to do it consistently, but you cannot say he has not done it yet...he has done it in Aus in Emerging player tourny which is played in July and August which is not the season or conducive time for batting in Australia usually and he was highest scorer.... he has the ability he just needs to is to keep his mind clear as what he is gonna do and how he is gonna play in different condition and assess them quickly and play according to that....like if it is seaming and swinging play a bit carefully and be restrictive coz everyone cant be Sehwag and it it is gud flat track play your shots naturally:two_thumbs_up: