Virat Kohli, our future batting stalwart and the future Indian Captain

Cricketics

Well' date=' that is not a 100% true. He was pretty inconsistent when he first came in. His shot selection wasn’t always the best. It was only during the ODI tournament in B’desh earlier this year that he really started performing at a consistent level.[/quote'] Inconsistent is the last term you can use to describe someone whose batting average never dropped below 30 after his 4th ODI and 35 after his 9th ODI. And those initial ODIs were in the low scoring series in Sri Lanka during 2008.
Inconsistent is the last term you can use to describe someone whose batting average never dropped below 30 after his 4th ODI and 35 after his 9th ODI. And those initial ODIs were in the low scoring series in Sri Lanka during 2008.
Exactly i would like to say. Guy used to still average around 40s when he was sitting out of the team. He had also scored a ton against Sri Lanka at Kolkata during 300 run chase and was dropped even after that very easily
Inconsistent is the last term you can use to describe someone whose batting average never dropped below 30 after his 4th ODI and 35 after his 9th ODI. And those initial ODIs were in the low scoring series in Sri Lanka during 2008.
‘Inconsistent’ not in the sense that his scores were up and down, but he failed to convert many of good starts. He would frequently get out due to an impulse of indiscretion. I am pretty sure you’ll agree with the B’desh tournament earlier this year was pretty much when he really started raking in those big scores you’d expect from a higher middle order bat. P.S; He actually did pretty well in the Lanka series 2008, where he opened I think. While most of the Indian batsmen were still flummoxed by Mendis, he came in for the ODI series and straight-away started handling him well.