ODI Idea Cup in SL : Views and Review

ODI Idea Cup in SL : Views and Review  

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

Well we certainly did' date=' however in future games we seriously need to look to play five bowlers, coz i don't think we will have to play mendis every second game and our batting can hold its own against any other attack[/quote'] agree. But, Viru is an excellent fifth bowler...
Once Viru and Sachin come back ... we should go back to 4 bowlers and an allrounder (either Yusuf Pathan or Irfan Pathan)
:nervous: no way!!!! pathan is a useless allrounder in odis to be quite honest. His bowling sucks compared to earlier times and no point having him if you can have better seamers like sreesanth/rp/zaheer/ishant/kumar/ even patel. His batting is not suited to odis as his average is lie in the twenties, which isnt HIS standard. But Yusuf would be good, even though hasnt achieved his position give him a few more chances, as the IPL helped raina so far, hopefully it can do the same for yusuf. His batting imo is better than his brother. If your talking about bowling then I am sure him, sachin, sehwa and yuvraj(yes he will be picked as hes the VC and dhoni loves him) will get the odd wicket with yusuf.

Why can't we finish it off witnessing it for quite a long period, and more importantly in this series the indian bowlers, though, have bowled well, managed to get rid of the top 6 for just about 120 odd runs or even less, are not able to get going with the tail the sri lankans have always managed to get 60-70 runs more than what they should have in the 5th odi, which could have had sri lanka all out for 150, they managed to reach 227 for 6 for instance, mubarak had a 94 run partnership with the tail ender jayasuriya, sangakkara, mahela, chamara, & dilshan have not been able to get runs, and thushara in particular has scored more than 160 runs in this series the length from the indians has been too short, ending only in conceding boundaries they didn't try to hit yorkers or throw some fuller ones what's the matter with these guys, why are we lacking the skill, why can't we get rid of the tail?? venkatesh prasad sure has a lot to teach the indian bowlers

witnessing it for quite a long period, and more importantly in this series the indian bowlers, though, have bowled well, managed to get rid of the top 6 for just about 120 odd runs or even less, are not able to get going with the tail the sri lankans have always managed to get 60-70 runs more than what they should have in the 5th odi, which could have had sri lanka all out for 150, they managed to reach 227 for 6 for instance, mubarak had a 94 run partnership with the tail ender jayasuriya, sangakkara, mahela, chamara, & dilshan have not been able to get runs, and thushara in particular has scored more than 160 runs in this series the length from the indians has been too short, ending only in conceding boundaries they didn't try to hit yorkers or throw some fuller ones what's the matter with these guys, why are we lacking the skill, why can't we get rid of the tail?? venkatesh prasad sure has a lot to teach the indian bowlers
Why is your post not so easy on the eye ??? It has always been our problem, right from the Azhar days, to the Ganguly-Dravid era and now its carried with Dhoni, it seems that we just relax after doin the hard work, something which defn has to be worked upon

Lack of a quality 5th bowler/allrounder. This was a problem back then, and is a problem now. Once the main bowlers tire, there's no venom in the bowling any more. Just some dibbly dobbly mickey mouse pretending to be a bowler (like Rohit, Yuvi etc.). This lets the pressure off and once set, any batsmen at this level will score.

Lmao I can't stop laughing, not at indian team. they have won already. But at the ads. Picture this Yuvi gets out and on the tv I see Yuvi ad "Aerial Champions ki Pasand". I laughed so much. Why would they show the ad when Yuvi got out. And Dhoni gets out, and I see Dhoni's new Pepsi ad. WTF, they should not have shown that ad as soon as Dhoni got out. :--D:--D:--D:--D:--D:--D:--D

ODI Idea Cup in SL : Views and Review I am quite happy with the series. Our young boys were under tremendous pressure when the series started. We lost the first game but then won three in a row when we each time started as the less favorites. Credit to Dhoni. Then Dhoni decided to experiment a little in the last game, which is fair. We still came to a position of control in the match at one point. But we majorly lost because we left out some of the available players and then we decided to keep experimenting even when we were in a position of winning. We would have won this match had it been of any consequences in the series.

I personally feel, the games where toss can have huge effect its not fair. These problem has to be resolved. There are some venues where you win the toss and most likely to win the game. The venues like Durban, Premadasa etc day night games should stop. Its just not fair to decide outcome of the game with the toss. Something has to be done regarding this.