Time to move on to Punjab Test

Cricketics

Man, this isn't years ago when he was much younger and played with a broken jaw. He's 38 now, against the top side in the world and has been out of sorts for months. Now is NOT the time to put yourself ahead of the team, especially when Mohali has helped fast bowlers. I just don't see the point of Kumble forcing himself on the team when we have guys like Sehwag/SRT who can come in a part time bowlers. Given the way Kumble has performed, could they do any worse? Go for three seamers, Bhajji, and use the part timers. If the ground dries out, then use the reverse swing please for as long as you can.

Man, this isn't years ago when he was much younger and played with a broken jaw. He's 38 now, against the top side in the world and has been out of sorts for months. Now is NOT the time to put yourself ahead of the team, especially when Mohali has helped fast bowlers. I just don't see the point of Kumble forcing himself on the team when we have guys like Sehwag/SRT who can come in a part time bowlers. Given the way Kumble has performed, could they do any worse? Go for three seamers, Bhajji, and use the part timers. If the ground dries out, then use the reverse swing please for as long as you can.
as if bhajji was bowling stupendously:giggle:if u dont look at numbers,kumble bowled much better widout luck.if kumble is fit. i'd go wid 3 seamers & kumble
as if bhajji was bowling stupendously:giggle:if u dont look at numbers,kumble bowled much better widout luck.if kumble is fit. i'd go wid 3 seamers & kumble n there isnt going to ba any reverse swing at mohali bcoz of its lush green outfields

All this talk about sehwag made me remember when he got dropped from tests for quite a period a few years ago. I remember in australia he didn't play the first 2 tests or something like that. I never got around to finding out why he wasn't picked can someone shed some light on it?

as if bhajji was bowling stupendously:giggle:if u dont look at numbers' date='kumble bowled much better widout luck.if kumble is fit. i'd go wid 3 seamers & kumble n there isnt going to ba any reverse swing at mohali bcoz of its lush green outfields[/quote'] That's pretty much what I said. I don't want Kumble playing unless he's fit and Bhajji unfortunately gets to be the spinner then by default. As well as getting reverse swing if the ground is sufficiently dry but with all the rain I don't think it'll happen.
not much reverse at mohali becauase of the lush grass on the square

Difference between Australia and India. Aus rules out clark and India will still persist with kumble. I seriously don't understand how can you pick a bowler who is carrying shoulder injury on his bowling arm.

I believe he's not playing the 2nd test due to injury Kumble should do the same
there is an article on cricinfo on the same topic...Y can’t camp India make up their mind a day before so in case Kumble is not playing his replacement gets at least a day to put himself in the match mode? That’s where I think the sub continental teams have lacked…if you have to make a tough call its better to make it earlier than to keep dragging it till last moment. This is only the 2nd test of the series so y risk Kumble if he is not fit? Bring another seamer and go all out for Aussies. Plus, you always have the option of viru, sachin, and ganguly.

Honestly, I cant imagine how his shoulder isnt ready enough for him to even roll his arm over less than 48 hours before the match, but can somehow recover in time to be ready to go through the full rigours of a 5-day test match. I dont mean this in a disrespectful way to Anil, but if even there's a remote chance that his injury may reucur during the match, he shouldnt play.

Some players in the indian squad are historically shown to be selfish. This episode will show which camp AK belongs to. Hope he sees the good of the team, but Ind players aren't known for that too much.
It is not easy to see as it seems. Lets say he is less than fully fit, but still plays. And takes a fiver in the first innings, and gets into bad shape..bowls a few overs in 2nd innnings and India manages to win. Will be a hero or a villian ? After all, technically, there is a possibility that even a half fit Kumble can do well.
Difference between Australia and India. Aus rules out clark and India will still persist with kumble. I seriously don't understand how can you pick a bowler who is carrying shoulder injury on his bowling arm.
What BS! If Ponting's fitness was in doubt, I am pretty sure they would wait till the morning of the match to decide.