BREAKING NEWS - Gambhir banned for 1 test

Having not watched today's play but hearing all the noise about this elbow, I had the image of it being an elbow that would make a WWE wrestler proud but after seeing this video it is a mere NUDGE. This clearly shows the Aussies are rattled. Any fine for this would be ridiculous...

One day I was talking to one of my co-workers, who was quite frustrated at something because it was not in right place. He exclaimed "that's as ridiculous as an A H on elbow !!" There after a phrase was born "Kiss my elbow" - I think Gambhir was syaing same thing to Watson - :haha: I won't be surprised to see only Gambhir getting fined. Chris Broad - being the ever racist that he is - will only fine Gambhir.

Having not watched today's play but hearing all the noise about this elbow' date=' I had the image of it being an elbow that would make a WWE wrestler proud but after seeing this video it is a mere NUDGE. [/quote'] Doesn't matter if it was a nudge, the intent was there and that's all the match ref needs to book Gautam.

I think Gamghir was ultra aggressive. Sure he was entitled to what he did given the abuses that was hurled at him but the match referee will definitely fine him. I think it's not going to be a ban or anything because BCCI will make a huge issue of this but the match referee will fine him. I don't see any wrong in being fined. That said Katich clearly blocked Gambhir from running at the non-striker end. Although Katich looked a sanit he tried to annoy Gambhir and deliberately blocked him from running. Obviously you don't expect Gambhir not to give him a mouthful. Katich should also be fined for his deliberate blocking of Gambhir. As long as the umpires and match referee is consistent it's fine. BTW I can't make much difference between Zaheer giving Hayden a mouthful and Watson giving Gambhir a mouthful. How is it any difference? Just because Zaheer charged at Hayden when he got out makes it a bit more serious? That's rubbish. Either they fine every player that mouths off consistently or they ignore it all. There has to be some consistency.

BTW I can't make much difference between Zaheer giving Hayden a mouthful and Watson giving Gambhir a mouthful. How is it any difference? Just because Zaheer charged at Hayden when he got out makes it a bit more serious? That's rubbish. Either they fine every player that mouths off consistently or they ignore it all. There has to be some consistency.
Only difference is that Zaheer could back up his talk. Watson can't back up a damn thing.
BTW I can't make much difference between Zaheer giving Hayden a mouthful and Watson giving Gambhir a mouthful. How is it any difference? Just because Zaheer charged at Hayden when he got out makes it a bit more serious? That's rubbish. Either they fine every player that mouths off consistently or they ignore it all. There has to be some consistency.
Bowler giving a sendoff is becoming an accepted gesture in the heat of the match. But what Zaheer did was to cut Hayden off as a fielder (or circle him around) and say something nasty. I guess that has been acceptable as of yet. It might be so, when Aussies also start doing it. So, as of now, it looked like Zaheer had crossed the line which seemed like unusual behaviour worth fining.
Bowler giving a sendoff is becoming an accepted gesture in the heat of the match. But what Zaheer did was to cut Hayden off as a fielder (or circle him around) and say something nasty. I guess that has been acceptable as of yet. It might be so, when Aussies also start doing it. So, as of now, it looked like Zaheer had crossed the line which seemed like unusual behaviour worth fining.
If I remember right, ICC had recently said that send offs will be strictly dealt with. Zaheer should have known that.

Doesn't it sound a bit stupid though. Why only send offs should be dealt with severity but not the mouthful the bowlers tend to give the batsmen ball after ball? What's worse, taunting every ball or just once when the batsmen gets out? I would rather allow the later than the former.

Doesn't it sound a bit stupid though. Why only send offs should be dealt with severity but not the mouthful the bowlers tend to give the batsmen ball after ball? What's worse' date=' taunting every ball or just once when the batsmen gets out? I would rather allow the later than the former.[/quote'] ICC is well known for its stupidity ravi. Thats a bunch of incompetent guys.
You have to wonder what the response would be if it was the other way round. Just imagine Ponting elbowing Ishant while running...now that wouldnt derserve a fine now would it?
two things stand out wrongly in that argument 1) ishant wouldnt initiate the "elbow incident" like watson did here, ishant hasnt ever done anything like that. zak might do it, but not ishant 2) for ponting to be able to have any chance of elbowing ishant, he'd first have to hit a shot worth two runs...and we all know the chances of that lol. also, if he ever did hit a shot, he'd just take one run, and not come back on strike to face the music again :finger: