The TOYOTA - Man of the Series - ISHANT SHARMA

Rajiv

Has to be GG because he is the highest run scorer and no one is even close to him. If not Gambo then Michael Hussey. Most of the australian batsmen have struggled but this man is made out of steel.
GG was banned for the last test n did not score many in 1st.his aggregate is high mainly due to 200 in delhi n 100 in mohali.i mean he hasnt been consistent.as for hussey,however runs he has scored hes from a losing side.i so wanna see a fast bowler getting man-of-series in india.it doesnt happen often.

Michael Hussey... for being undismissable the entire series! Simon Katich... scoring runs left right and center. if even one indian batsman is being considered, then the above two must also be considered as front row contendors since in every test, save for the first, india had the advantage of batting when the pitch was quite placcid. the one test where we had to contend with a day 5 pitch, we were rescued by tendulkar and laxman...

I dont agree with this 'Oh, he didnt play all the three matches, so he shouldnt be in contention'. Why? It doesnt matter how many matches you play, what matters is the timing and magnitude of your contributions. And its twice now that Bhajji has saved all our faces with vitally important batting efforts, first one in the 1st innings at Delhi and now, this one at Nagpur. And we havent even gone to his bowling yet. Already, he's one of top wicket takers of this series and who knows, he might well do the star-turn tommorrow. If he does do that, I see no reason why anyone else deserves it more than him.

Should go to Ishant Sharma. Harbhajan has done really well with 40+ batting average and 14 wickets but when no fast bowler could even agree to bowl on this wicket Ishant has registered the most number of wickets for the series so far. He's my candidate.