Test Squad of India For England Series

Lord

hope chateshwar gets his due i too want him to be in the squad, in fact, i want him in the 11 rohit is india's future, he will always be in the reckoning
even if he doesnt do anything at present?how many chances shall he get?he is a failure
:hysterical:@selecting a proven failure rohit sharma who avges <24 in odis ahead of someone who scored 3 300s in 3 weeks & scored >run a ball 150s in domestic cricket
Amits ... what other 21 year olds are proven failures? In any case, this is Tests .. in FC cricket the proven failure averages more than your boy Dhawan. But thats all a pro-Mumbai, anti-Delhi conspiracy right by the big powerbrokers that 'dhawanhim' in the team?
too many batsmen for me.we already have vijay as resrve' date='dont need badri.instead we should have had a bowling allrounder like irfan[/quote'] Irfan is terrible. He shouldn't be near the team at the moment. Badrinath is the future, he should be in the XI IMO. He's just so damn good, he's the next Dravid.

Lets talk some Cricket shall we? After all the action in the chit chat forum for the last 2 weeks! :D Squad for the Eng test announced. No major surprises.... A few talking points;

• Yuvraj makes ANOTHER comeback into the test team, riding on his ODI successes.
  • Rahul Dravid keeps his place, to the surprise and relief of equal number of people I am sure.
  • Ojha breaks into the squad.
  • Badrinath pips the other contenders for the middle order spot. His solid form in the recent Ranji matches a major boost to him no doubt.
  • M.Vijay retains his place, giving room for some speculation on what the batting order could be. As suggested by a few of the posters here, will Sehwag bat in the middle order?
  • Pujara misses out, despite his astonishing run in the last 6 weeks.

Anything else?

India squad: Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt & wk), Harbhajan Singh, Amit Mishra, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Munaf Patel, M Vijay, S Badrinath, Pragyan Ojha -the english shoudnt bother-there is no way there are beating that team.

Irfan is terrible. He shouldn't be near the team at the moment. Badrinath is the future' date=' he should be in the XI IMO. He's just so damn good, he's the next Dravid.[/quote'] badrinath is 28.time is running ot for him .about him being next dravid,its a joke.every dour batter is not dravid,u got to have technique n temperament. about irfan i just want him in the XIV.he gives balance to the side being an allrounder.if we can find another allrounder,i wont mind dropping irfan
badrinath is 28.time is running ot for him .about him being next dravid,its a joke.every dour batter is not dravid,u got to have technique n temperament. about irfan i just want him in the XIV.he gives balance to the side being an allrounder.if we can find another allrounder,i wont mind dropping irfan
strong sentence spacing! :whatchutalkingabout
After all the action in the chit chat forum for the last 2 weeks! :D Squad for the Eng test announced. No major surprises.... A few talking points;
  • Yuvraj makes ANOTHER comeback into the test team, riding on his ODI successes.
  • Rahul Dravid keeps his place, to the surprise and relief of equal number of people I am sure.
  • Ojha breaks into the squad.
  • Badrinath pips the other contenders for the middle order spot. His solid form in the recent Ranji matches a major boost to him no doubt.
  • M.Vijay retains his place, giving room for some speculation on what the batting order could be. As suggested by a few of the posters here, will Sehwag bat in the middle order?
  • Pujara misses out, despite his astonishing run in the last 6 weeks.

Anything else?

Yes. RP Singh has been dropped from the 15 and his place has been given to a batsman. Why? I agree that Chennai pitch and Mohali track won't need more than 2 seamers but why would you have a 15 member squad then? And why have 2 spare batsmen in the squad? Why not have a spare keeper instead if 15 member squad is indeed necessary?

Because RP's recent bowling form has been abysmal, and it might not be a bad idea for him to play domestics in lieu of sitting on the sidelines and watching a test. 2 spare batsmen, simply because Yuvraj's batting form has been sensational and the selectors are going with the tired old approach that if Yuvraj can keep slamming destructive hundreds in ODIs, he will do the same in tests. Vijay and Badrinath seem to be in the selectorial good books, so they get to stick around. God only knows why Pujara hasn't been picked. Even if it is Rajkot, he's making triples and run-a-ball tons. He's shown before he CAN open, he's running riot in the middle order, and this isn't just a flash in the pan. He had a fine domestic season last year, and has always been one of the bright prospects since youth cricket. FFS - pick him already. And no spare keeper because India does not have a spare keeper. As the Sri Lanka tour showed, remove Dhoni and India is screwed. He is the most capable gloveman in the country, and makes Karthik look even more like a chimpanzee keeping with two left gloves. Dropthiv is marginally better than Parthiv, and others like Pinal Shah and Mahesh Rawat are not doing what they need to in domestics to move ahead of those 2 in the pecking order.