Pietersen resigns as England captain

Feed

Guest Hiten.
Monty for captain no doubt! After all Singh is King and its about time england realised it
What non-sense ? I think England will go back to Andrew Strauss if anything.
No, thank you to the Indian ODI/Test sides that gave an almightly ***** kicking to the England team that put them under the kind of pressure that resulted in KP going over the top. The last time England were whitewashed was in the Ashes but at least they managed to win the ODI series. India whitewashed them 7-0 which must be one of the heaviest tour defeats ever against a proper test playing nation.
wen was it 7-0,dude? it was 5-0 in ODIs n 1-0 in tests.it doesnt even add up to 7 :haha:
Guest Hiten.
wen was it 7-0' date='dude? it was 5-0 in ODIs n 1-0 in tests.it doesnt even add up to 7 :haha:[/quote'] 1-0 in England :P I think fontaine said 7-0 because India would have probably won the remaining two ODI's as well ...had we played them
^^ actually, they were touted as being favorites to get the no 1 spot (test) cos they'll play so many tests this yr leave it to the poms and paks to kill the goose that laid the golden egg Indian cricket, bhai, is at the centre and lalit modi is at the centre of the centre I cant believe how the IPL created such fractions - thank you, LALIT!
u has been enlightened. Slumdog Millionaire rocks :yay:

I have this soft corner for England team and management after what they did for us... after 26-11(which was a big incident), they still came back...believe me, it helped us in keeping our image that India is safe country for tourists and everyone... and KP always appreciated Indian team and spectators during the postmatch interviews... i,for certain, didnt want this to happen to England...

I am surprised at the amount of flak KP is getting. I think the biggest mistake he has committed through this episode is dealing with the ECB from SA. Apart from that, the ECB must've known what sort of a character he is before they selected him for captaincy. Whatever. He's back to batting and he'll probably become much better at it now.

Not sure why people are slagging Pietersen here to be honest. He had a 3 tests as captain and he might not have been the most astute captain on the field during those, but then who is in 3 tests? He whitewashed SA at home in ODIs, suffered a whitewash to India away and that's pretty much it. He has always been outspoken and known to go for what he feels is right and the English selectors would have known that before appointing him. I am of the Ian Chappel and Ravi(of ICF) school of thought - in cricket the ultimate and big decisions have to be left to the captain once you are sure you have appointed the right candidate - let him do his things for some time. Who the frack is Moores anyway? ECB should have just chucked him out, brought Vaughan in, and kept Pietersen as the captain for the twin WI tours. This is another self goal by the ECB.

I am surprised at the amount of flak KP is getting. I think the biggest mistake he has committed through this episode is dealing with the ECB from SA. Apart from that' date= the ECB must've known what sort of a character he is before they selected him for captaincy. Whatever. He's back to batting and he'll probably become much better at it now.
how much pietersen mek now?

See, this is the difference between Australia and England Australia are weak England are self destructing dip - sh__s I actually want england to win back the ashes from Australia. Then, we can all sit back and watch their media go bananas How do australian media react to a loss? Like this: http://cricketcrowd.com/Play_Video-23-1620-1509.html ^^ There were other videos where "Jim Wilson" was practically sh___tting nails after the loss, rating on as if it was the apocalypse. If anybody can find it, please post; this was the same block who got stuck into that indian reporter who was subject to pontings tantrum at the end of the SCG test

The reason behind Pietersen's resignation Kevin Pietersen has revealed the background into his astonishing removal as England captain. More... The reason behind Pietersen's resignation London - Kevin Pietersen has revealed the background into his astonishing removal as England captain while insisting he hopes to regain the post in the future. The South African-born batsman quit after just three Tests in charge claiming he couldn't work alongside coach Peter Moores who was sacked as the embarrassing furore dragged on. But Pietersen, who says he was effectively dumped in a phone call, believes he will one day lead the national team again. He also insisted that his relationship with Andrew Flintoff had not broken down, stating the star all-rounder had wanted him to remain at the helm of a team determined to reclaim the Ashes in six months' time. At the same time, Pietersen made no secret of the fact that his relationship with Moores had wholly broken down. "I feel I've got unfinished business as captain of England - I definitely feel that," the 28-year-old told the News of the World in an extensive interview. "But right now, I feel it is right for me to go back and just play - to do something that I love, which is scoring runs for England." Of his removal as captain he reflected: "I'm not angry. I'm just hurt, disappointed and upset that a childhood dream has been taken away from me." Pietersen said he was about to head back from holiday to discuss future strategy with ECB chiefs David Collier and Hugh Morris when he received a call telling him he was losing the captaincy. Following several earlier meetings with Morris and Collier he revealed he then sent an email in which "I said that I can't lead this team forward and take it to the West Indies if Peter Moores is coach." Pietersen said he was stunned when Morris called to tell him his fate. "He said they had had an emergency board meeting and they had accepted my resignation. "I said: Excuse me?!' They said: We've accepted your resignation.' I said on what basis has it been accepted? They had no answer. Next, I received an email from the ECB saying: Your resignation is of immediate effect'." Pietersen, who is adamant he will give his full support to new captain Andrew Strauss, stressed he is on good terms with Flintoff, himself a former England captain. "My relationship with Freddie was great and towards the end I sat down with him and I said 'Mate, this is what is going on.' "We had a good chat and Freddie's parting words were, 'You cannot leave as England captain'." But Pietersen says he has no regrets at making clear his opposition to Moores. "I risked it all because I thought it was my duty to say things were not right. I risked it all because it was my duty as England captain to say this was how we should move forward," he said. "What hurts me was the character assassination that has been totally unfounded. And that is the reason why I want to get my story across so that people can understand that I have done absolutely nothing wrong." ECB vice-chairperson Dennis Amiss told BBC radio that once it became known that Pietersen and Moores were at loggerheads the situation "was always going to be impossible to resolve amicably." "Obviously, the relationship broke down," added Amiss, who stressed the ECB did not believe Pietersen leaked the information of his troubled relationship with Moores but believed that in the circumstances "difficult decisions had to be made." That meant jettisoning both Pietersen, who, for Amiss, "has his ideas how he wanted to run things," and Moores. Amiss insisted the ECB had acted in the team's interests in dropping both men. "We wanted a completely unified team ... one working together for the future of cricket." But Amiss also said he believed Pietersen would stand by his promise to stay with the team as they head off on January 21 for their tour of the West Indies. "Kevin is very much part of the future - time can be a great healer." Durham seamer Steve Harmison meanwhile denied helping to engineer Pietersen's departure as skipper amid reports he was one of several players in the dressing room who preferred Flintoff as captain. Responding to reported claims that some players had told Morris they wanted Pietersen demoted Harmison dismissed talk of a dressing room rift, telling the Mail on Sunday: "It simply isn't true. "I can say without a moment's hesitation that both Fred Flintoff and I supported Kevin as our captain and our leader, (Andrew) Strauss has already made his backing for Kevin quite clear and any suggestion that we turned against him when Hugh Morris rang us for our views over the crisis is rubbish." - AFP