I wasn't comfortable with Chappell - Sehwag

Gambit

I wasn't comfortable with Chappell - Sehwag Posted 32 minutes ago in Indian cricket Greg Chappell didn't make too many friends during his rough tenure as India's coach. And he definitely didn't impress Virender Sehwag, who has said he lost trust for the Australian legend. "The thing with him was that whatever you shared with him, it was promptly disclosed to media and selectors," Sehwag told PTI. "He talked and that hurt the trust. I wasn't comfortable with him." Neither was Sehwag pleased with the psychologist Rudi Webster, whom Chappell employed for sessions with the players. "I never went alone to Webster. In a session with Webster, we all had our chunk of time," said Sehwag. "I am one who believes that if you open up your thoughts to someone you trust, you feel lighter and thus better. But I found out that Webster couldn't keep things confidential." According to Sehwag, the current coach Gary Kirsten was the "best" he had seen. "He doesn't force things on you," said Sehwag. "His basic premise is: you all are international cricketers and you know how to succeed and how important it is to succeed. So I won't thrust myself on you. But whenever you need me, for practice, throwing balls, sharing ideas, worries, I am always there."
http://blogs.cricinfo.com/thebuzz/

As much as I hate conspiracy theories, but I am ready to believe this one that Chappell was an Australian Cricket Board's plant in Indian set-up to destroy Team India and her effort to rise and claim the top position. Sehwag is not alone who has questioned Chappell and his gang of pseudo-experts.

someone gift this man a ferrari as he's the only indian cricketer with the balls to speak the truth uncompromising / brash / brilliant! -> a true cricketer / indian patriot Remember the time he told clarke to shut the f up after he started sledging sach about his odi performances .... .... or when Australia were being savaged by those clowns in the PCB for touring India, when everyone else was p**** footing with their wording, sehwag comes out and says "India is not Pakistan" well done Viru, you are my hero! sorry sach, you currently occupy a second place in my heart

someone gift this man a ferrari as he's the only indian cricketer with the balls to speak the truth uncompromising / brash / brilliant! -> a true cricketer / indian patriot Remember the time he told clarke to shut the f up after he started sledging sach about his odi performances .... .... or when Australia were being savaged by those clowns in the PCB for touring India, when everyone else was p**** footing with their wording, sehwag comes out and says "India is not Pakistan" well done Viru, you are my hero! sorry sach, you currently occupy a second place in my heart
i wouldnt say that,but veeru certainly occupies a close second place for me now that jumbo is gone.wat i like about veeru is he always thinks positively,is clearminded n plays for the team.obviously he is supremely good too as a batsman. i can never forget that moment wen he refused a single on 199 trying to protect ishant.that is true team spirit.i dont think anybody would have done that. also i read somewhere that once in county cricket the ball was reversing profusely.his partner at the other end(dont recal his name) complained to viru.viru said' dont worry i'll get rid of it'.next ball he smashed it out of the ground.he did it:two_thumbs_up:umpires had to bring in new ball.:haha:

^^ I think this is what you're alluding to: Sehwag was batting with Jeremy Snape for Leicestershire and Abdul Razzaq, who was playing for Middlesex, started to reverse swing the ball, creating all sorts of problems. “I have a plan,” said Sehwag and promptly hit the ball out of the ground so that it had to be replaced.

^^ I think this is what you're alluding to: Sehwag was batting with Jeremy Snape for Leicestershire and Abdul Razzaq, who was playing for Middlesex, started to reverse swing the ball, creating all sorts of problems. “I have a plan,†said Sehwag and promptly hit the ball out of the ground so that it had to be replaced.
yup:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

Coach Chappell betrayed our trust: Sehwag Kirsten, his successor as Indian cricket coach, is the 'best I have ever seen', said India's dashing opening batsman Virender Sehwag on Monday. The former South African batting star, Kirsten "doesn't force things on you", Sehwag said in a freewheeling interview to PTI. Comparing the two coaches, Sehwag indicated that Chappell had tried to get him to change his batting style. "He had his view on my front-foot play, my footwork. The thing with him (Chappell) was that whatever you shared with him, it was promptly disclosed to media and selectors. He talked and that hurt the trust," Sehwag said. PTI: You cut your teeth under Sourav Ganguly. He was the one who made you an opener? Sehwag: Yes, it was in Sri Lanka I hit gold in the third match with that blistering century off 69 balls (against New Zealand). A lot of youngsters, including me, came to the fore under Dada. Remember, when he took over world cricket was reeling under the impact of match-fixing. He always backed us. For instance when I was Man of the Match against Australia early in my career, he assured me that I would play in at least next 30 one-day matches. Even when he promoted me as an opener, he told me to bat without worry as he wouldn't touch me for the next 30-35 games. When your captain backs you in this manner, your confidence is sky-high. He was also an extremely aggressive captain. PTI: And Mahendra Singh Dhoni? Sehwag: In many ways he is doing what Ganguly used to do. He is also aggressive. But he also knows how to be defensive if a game is to be saved. The thing with Dhoni is that he gives all of us a lot of space. He doesn't want to control everyone. it's not mandatory to turn up for practice everyday. There is so much of travelling, so many matches. He knows the importance of rest and allows everyone their own recovery period. PTI: I remember you recently said that the dressing room atmosphere now is the best ever and coach Gary Kirsten should take a lot of credit for it. Sehwag: He is the best coach I have ever seen. He doesn't force things on you. His basic premise is: you all are international cricketers and you know how to succeed and how important it is to succeed. So I won't thrust myself on you. But whenever you need me, for practice, throwing balls, sharing ideas, worries, I am always there. During Test matches, there are days when he doesn't force you to follow you a similar routine in warm ups. If he senses a day when it can be an easy one for the lads, he allows you to do no warm ups. When an intense day is ahead, we all come together to bring that required intensity. PTI: And Greg Chappell wasn't quite like that? He also tried to change your batting style? Sehwag: He had his view on my front-foot play, my footwork. The thing with him was that whatever you shared with him, it was promptly disclosed to media and selectors. He talked and that hurt the trust. I wasn't comfortable with him. PTI: He made you visit psychologists. The most uncomplicated of batting stylist was made to curb his instincts? Sehwag: I never went alone to psychologist Rudi Webster. In a session with Webster, we all had our chunk of time. I am one who believes that if you open up your thoughts to someone you trust, you feel lighter and thus better. But I found out that Webster couldn't keep things confidential. PTI: After you were in doldrums, your career was revived in Australia in 2007-08. The century in Adelaide Test must be very special to you? Sehwag: Yes it is. It was a knock when I was determined to spend time at the crease. In the first two hours on the final day, I made only 27 runs in the first session. In the afternoon, Tendulkar kept telling me that we had to keep going. Or Australians could use the final 30-35 overs to chase down the target. It was very, very special.

Guest dada_rocks

I do not get emotional in cricket talk.. Before Veeru I used to be adamant on Dada . Veeru is cut from the same wool with couple of differences. he is less articulate/suave in comparison to dada but is much more talented cricketer than dada.. So in my book veeru sits together with the absolute i.e Sachin Tendulkar.. he has replaced dada in that sense.

I do not get emotional in cricket talk.. Before Veeru I used to be adamant on Dada . Veeru is cut from the same wool with couple of differences. he is less articulate/suave in comparison to dada but is much more talented cricketer than dada.. So in my book veeru sits together with the absolute i.e Sachin Tendulkar.. he has replaced dada in that sense.
:two_thumbs_up: dada was a legend. veeru is legendry
So will you change your handle to veeru_rocks ! :agree:

I guess its safe to say that the latter half of Greg's tenure was an unqualified disaster. And yet, we hardly know anything about it, which pisses me off greatly. No cricketer, whether it be Sachin, Dravid, Kumble or anyone has come forward and told the press what happened.

I guess its safe to say that the latter half of Greg's tenure was an unqualified disaster. And yet, we hardly know anything about it, which pisses me off greatly. No cricketer, whether it be Sachin, Dravid, Kumble or anyone has come forward and told the press what happened.
hang on why do they have to come out and tell the press??? I guess sachin was instrumental in sending greg home.. iim glad tht he let the BCCI known instead of the media arrholes..
hang on why do they have to come out and tell the press??? I guess sachin was instrumental in sending greg home.. iim glad tht he let the BCCI known instead of the media arrholes..
Well, the cricketing public deserves to know what happened. After all, arent we, in indirect ways, their employers? Our moods and sentiments ride on the Indian team. So, if there are any internal squabbles within the team that is affecting the team's performance, then we should know what happened. And mind you, I am not asking for player's personal information or things that will infringe on their privacy. If its an issue that is affecting our team's performance, like match-fixing or the Chappell sage, we have all the right to know what happened. Of course, its not compulsory for any player to come out clean, but truth should come out.