The Nightmares during 02 NZ tour(Share your stories)

Cricketics

Given the 350+ scores today, we could do with a bit more of those wonderbra series. Thankfully, at the time I didn't have access to any streams or TV channels showing this tour. I used to follow the games on CI IRC. Lot of fun. Some memories - - I was quite angry with Srinath opting out of the tests. With him in our lineup,we would have definitely won the 2nd test. - Tendulkar batted like a god for his 32 in the second innings of the 2nd test before he threw it away. He had NZ at his feet and them let them off. - PP's catch was something else. - Srinath made Cairns his *****. - The ODI series made Srinath,Zak and Nehra into a good three prong which was evident in the world cup. - We should have won the first ODI after having NZ 50 odd for 6 chasing 109. - Funniest moment of the tour was Bhajji hitting Bond for 4 4s in an over during the 2nd test. - Vettori did not bowl a SINGLE ball in the test series.

- Funniest moment of the tour was Bhajji hitting Bond for 4 4s in an over during the 2nd test. - Vettori did not bowl a SINGLE ball in the test series.
Bhajji? I am pretty sure it was Sehwag - he had been dropped down the order to number 7 and came out throwing his bat everything - connected a few and was promptly dismissed. BTW, that series was played on drop in wickets so I don't think this one is going to be anything like that as far as the pitches go. But this is much later in the summer and it is going to be really cold and wet. I remember in the '92 WC we had made a fighting start - lost a few close games, but were generally playing well but when we reached NZ for our second leg of the WC disintegrated completely in the cold. Also, Australia is the only team to have beaten NZ in NZ this decade in an ODI series, so it's not going to be an easy series by any means.
Some stuff i remember; - Dravid's 76 in the first test. One of the top 5 innings of his career, IMO.
True that. SRT played well too in two of the innings. These 2 tests showed the diff between SRT, RD on one side and all the other players on the other side.The other thing I remember was the mediocre Indian bowling performance. Should have easily got NZ all out in the 2nd innings of the 2nd test.
True that. SRT played well too in two of the innings. These 2 tests showed the diff between SRT' date=' RD on one side and all the other players on the other side.The other thing I remember was the mediocre Indian bowling performance. Should have easily got NZ all out in the 2nd innings of the 2nd test.[/quote'] Zaheer was the main culprit - was hammered at 5-6 RPO during that innings on a pitch tailor made for fast bowling. Of course this is Zaheer - II going there now.

Why complain about pitches? Any champion player can play on anything. Bradman, Hutton and co. played on pitches that were soaked, yet they scored heavily. Thats a true test of a champion, and why they call it TEST cricket. It is ur ability to play away from home, score heavily or take wickets.

Matma, I don't think Indian fans are generally moaning about the pitches we get in NZ. It's the ICC's double standards over pitches. We get warnings when we make dustbowls, because players can get easily injured on dustbowls. Whereas, on fast seaming NZ pitches, it's perfectly safe against a bowler like Bond.

Bhajji? I am pretty sure it was Sehwag - he had been dropped down the order to number 7 and came out throwing his bat everything - connected a few and was promptly dismissed. BTW, that series was played on drop in wickets so I don't think this one is going to be anything like that as far as the pitches go. But this is much later in the summer and it is going to be really cold and wet. I remember in the '92 WC we had made a fighting start - lost a few close games, but were generally playing well but when we reached NZ for our second leg of the WC disintegrated completely in the cold. Also, Australia is the only team to have beaten NZ in NZ this decade in an ODI series, so it's not going to be an easy series by any means.
Wow! That is some stranglehold by NZ in home ODIs! Interesting.